Prospect Info: 2016-17 Rangers Prospects Thread #3 (Stats/Info/Links in Post #1; Updated 3.12.17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Wonder if Barzal was drawing top pairs away from him. When Barzal wasn't there, he was likely seeing all the top pairing WHL players. Tougher assignments for him. If they were split, I'd rather have my 2nd pair face Gropp than Barzal. Can't really make those determinations though. I'd be curious if he was getting 1st pairs in the 1st half of the season and in the 2nd half, either having Barzal to help him with 1st pairs or facing #3s and #4s on the 2nd line.

If I recall, the games without Barzal weren't with him on a different line, bit with Barzal out

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
Which contending team will trade a 1st for Nash?

Chicago? If they will have enough space I think they would love to get Nash. Maybe Ducks, Predators? I thought LA, Sharks would be good teams to trade Nash to, not sure now with Kings out of play-offs, Sharks getting Hansen.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
eyejee said:
I don't know if we can get that granular from WHL data. But, of Gropp's 35 goals this year, Barzal had an assist on 17 of them.
How many of those were primary assists?

I don't know the exact numbers, but can estimate. Barzal had 67 assists this season. Of those, 36 were Primary and 31 were Secondary. So, if we use this "rate", we can guesstimate that Barzal had the Primarry Assist on 9 of Gropp's 35 Goals.

Just for fun, here are some Primary Points stats for Gropp and Barzal

All Situations

63 of Gropp's 84 points were Primary. That's 75%.

That figures to .95 Primary Points per game.

46 of Barzal's 77 points were Primary. That's 60%.

That figures to 1.12 Primary Points per game.

5 v 5

40 of Gropp's 54 points were Primary. That's 74%.

That figures to .61 Primary Points per game.

30 of Barzal's 45 Points were Primary. That's 67%.

That figures to .73 Primary Points per game.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Ugh, I really wish they had better data collection for CHL games.

i think its great news that they don't

let the teenagers play hockey
no good reason to indulge obsession of armchair outsiders

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
i think its great news that they don't

let the teenagers play hockey
no good reason to indulge obsession of armchair outsiders

What? I'm just saying to have scoring splits available like 5v5 vs special teams scoring, primary points, etc. I just want better collection of the usual scoring stats. I don't mean corsi and other advanced stats (which I don't trust to be tracked reliably at those levels anyways)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i get that we disagree

i get that 1/2 these kids hope to turn pro, and become the the focus of pro hockey money and fans
and i get that for some of the CHL insiders, CHL hockey is successful business

and of course the world of sports these days is overrun with number crunching
so i know my view is outdated

but if the numbers are accurate and complete and posted, they will be analyzed and discussed
and players endlessly compared

let the teenagers play hockey for the love of hockey and team, without the distractions
if the CHL doesn't gather and distribute full and accurate stats, that's fine with me
it doesn't affect the hockey or the competition or the passion or the joy within the league at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad