2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Part the Fourth (News n' Scores n' Stuff) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Vatrano pivots slightly but he doesn't drastically change his position. Gudbranson should have let up because he saw his numbers the whole time. It was a shitty hit from a shitty player.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Vatrano pivots slightly but he doesn't drastically change his position. Gudbranson should have let up because he saw his numbers the whole time. It was a ****ty hit from a ****ty player.
Vatrano's spin at the end makes sure he is going face first into the glass. Without the movement it is less likely he goes face first or even hits his head. That is still all besides the point of how insanely different two similar hits are being treated by the league at this point.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Not sure I agree on Orlov, at least not anymore. But honestly, would that be so bad?

Are we forgetting Orlov's pizza special? He does stupid mistakes every now and then. Thankfully, the frequency of his blunders diminshed a lot.

It's very drastic to sit a player on the bench for an entire period just for one mistake. Mistakes are part of hockey, and huge mistakes are made every game by every team. If you start doing that, you'll kill your players' confidence. On the other hand, you can do that to a guy like Burakovsky who has been screwing around with the puck for far too long.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Which is what I did. The request was ignored.

Yes you did. Thanks. I wouldn't assume it was ignored so much as kicker didn't see it. He's already replied. This isn't a chat room with everyone typing live. It's a message board.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Alzner took another step back this season. He's never been that bad in a Caps jersey. Coincidentally, his longtime partner on defense Carlson has never been as bad as he is now before.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I mentioned during the Detroit game that Green was one of the few Caps I never had a day regretting letting him go. Alzner is looking like he might join that small club.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I mentioned during the Detroit game that Green was one of the few Caps I never had a day regretting letting him go. Alzner is looking like he might join that small club.

Shattenkirk is the president of that club for sure. I actually liked Green, but he and Shattenkirk just aren't made for playoff hockey.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Vegas is doing fine. After the start they had, it's all gravy now for them. They don't expect to make the playoffs, but they know they're going to finish the season with respectable numbers for an expansion team. Their first year is already a success.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Saw the last 3 4 minutes of the 1st Sj at rangers.
And While on PP, rangers receives a gift penalty To go 5 on 3.
8 minutes against Sharks. 0 for NYR.
Refs at MSG Never change please

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Alzner took another step back this season. He's never been that bad in a Caps jersey. Coincidentally, his longtime partner on defense Carlson has never been as bad as he is now before.
Seems like Carlson peaked a couple years ago. I think Carlson is trying to do too much. There is a lot of pressure on him. He is playing a ton of minutes, playing in all situations. Carlson hasn't played great. He had a couple bad games but has played decent in the others. I feel Orlov has been worse and Niskanen was awful before his injury.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I agree that Alzners game has regressed over the past couple years. Unfortunate because I like him. I mentioned Alzner regression on another message board and I was blasted big time by a couple people. That message board appears to be controlled by veteran members. The moderator does absolutely nothing. I think there are more posts unrelated to hockey than there is about hockey. A lot of hostility there and lacking of hockey intellence. This board appears to have members with a higher hockey IQ. You seem to be a very knowledgeable hockey fan Easy as do others here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->