League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Free Agency Fallout (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Thank you. All the talk about the Pens incredible depth around here seems to pretend their 3rd guy on each of their top 2 lines were Oshie and Williams caliber players instead of completely unproven and in no way expected to do anything types.

You want depth up and down the Caps lineup this coming season? Fill the 3rd spot on the each of the top 2 lines with Galiev and Vrana. You can still keep Ovechkin with either Backstrom or Kuznetsov on line 1 and also have talent all over the other 3 lines plus have a couple decently accomplished spares up front.

this is my feeling as well. trots has promised system tweaks, and that may be the most important off-season change.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Well, at least the new Blink 182 album came out today and It's really good. Maybe they'll add some songs from the album to the Verizon Center playlist for Caps games. Could be the best add to the Caps all summer....

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Lots of NHL quality players still out there....

Boedker, Doan, Vrbata, Cullen, Fleischmann, Eaves, Hudler, Purcell, White, Gagner, Parenteau, Boyes, Martin, Pirri, B. Richards, Tanguay, Riley Nash, Versteeg, Vanek, Higgins, Korpikoski, Seidenberg, Wisniewski, Jackman, Jordan, Justin Schultz, Grossmann, Zidlicky, Quincey, L. Schenn, Polak, Gryba, Russell, Demers, Ehrhoff, Enroth, Scrivens, Lindback.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
He'll help their PP for sure.

No Stamkos, but It's something.

yeah, thats right

I know he is on decline, but still can produce

~40 goals last 2 seasons and close to 100 points

$2,6M is more than a right price

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If Dallas manages to land Ben Bishop then they're probably cup favorites, IMO.

Really depends on what the price is. I assume Lehtonen with a certain amount of salary retained would have to be part of it but for Yzerman to do that he is going to want some pretty decent value coming back I would think and I'm not sure futures alone would be enough.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
If Dallas manages to land Ben Bishop then they're probably cup favorites, IMO.

Not sure.

They're still all offense. A goalie can help - but I think the way Dallas plays - they're going to give up goals no matter who is in goal.

It would make them a lot better, but not sure it makes them the #1 team in the NHL. When you need 3 or more goals to win b/c of your system - that's hard to keep up for four playoff series in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad