Tickets: 2016-17 Fan-to-Fan Ticket Resales (Rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are travelling down to New York in April to visit your city. I'm quite excited as this will be my first time being in NYC and being a die-hard hockey fan I want to hit up a Ranger's game/MSG. We will be in town for the April 9th game against the Penguins. I realize this is the last game of the season and last home game against a rival team so tickets won't exactly be cheap. However I've been to games in Montreal, Toronto, and Boston so I am fine with paying face value prices.

Thanks in advance for any pointers/suggestions. Hope to get to a game.
Sounds awesome! Additionally we have a stickied thread for everything related to visiting NYC. I would also recommended dropping by one of our GDTs around the end of March, as they draw by far the most amount of traffic, and there are a lot of helpful people here who can suggest the best bars, restaurants, attractions, etc.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Sounds awesome! Additionally we have a stickied thread for everything related to visiting NYC. I would also recommended dropping by one of our GDTs around the end of March, as they draw by far the most amount of traffic, and there are a lot of helpful people here who can suggest the best bars, restaurants, attractions, etc.

Thanks for the tip! I will be checking regularly for updated ticket sales and certainly check out the best bars and attractions for before the game.

I am an Av's fan, but I love hanging with fans of other teams and seeing the passion they have for their team. Boston and Montreal do it right, Toronto was pretty meh. I have a feeling Rangers fan's will fall in line with Boston/Montreal.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Why is this thread so dead these days? There used to be tickets available in abundance.

This board doesn't let STH's post tickets above face value. The only time you see anything posted now is if it is a dead game or something in the lower bowl.

Not just that, I have found most people on here don't even want to pay face value. People want discounts.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Not just that, I have found most people on here don't even want to pay face value. People want discounts.

At least it's better than Craigslist. When I used to post my tickets on there I got an email from some kid telling me "it's my birthday, can I get the tickets for free?" And it would have been bad enough if it was actually his birthday, but I would get the same email from him every month. lol

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
At least it's better than Craigslist. When I used to post my tickets on there I got an email from some kid telling me "it's my birthday, can I get the tickets for free?" And it would have been bad enough if it was actually his birthday, but I would get the same email from him every month. lol
I've gotten some of those, as well. I usually screw around with the person for a few days and let them think I will give them to him/her for free, but it has been at least 5 years since I have bothered posting on craig's list. If something came up last minute, I have people I can call and one of them would take them for face value that bother with craig's list. If I am going to give someone tickets for face value, or have to make an effort to get them the tickets, I want it to be for one of my regular buyers or a friend/family member I actually know personally.

On here, I haven't posted in at least 2 years. 3 years ago, I posted that I had 4 games, less popular games, but was willing to sell them all as a package for face value. I made it clear that I had ONLY those 4 games, and that I was not willing to break up the package. Of course, I got 4 or 5 pm's from people asking for different games, including the opener and the games around Xmas and Thanksgiving.

I got a pm from someone asking if they could also have play-off rights from me if they took the 4 games. When I said, "no", I received a dissertation about how I shouldn't expect people to take my garbage games without anything in-return. I wound up posting all 4 games on stub hub (it was before I stopped using them) and the ticket exchange and sold all 4 for a healthy profit.

I have also received pm's on here from people who have asked for a specific game, usually a popular game. When I tell them I do not have anything, sometimes I have added that if I was selling it, it wouldn't be on here for face. That turned into a long winded post about how I am a jerk because instead of giving it to a true fan, I am giving it to some rich person who doesn't care about the team. Personally, I do not see how one's financial status dictates how much they care for the team. When I told him if he was such a fan, he should go for a less popular game at closer to face value. Since, afterall, he is a huge fan, isn't he going there to see the Rangers?

slicer

Mar 12, 2016

Was his name Zach? I used to get the same junk from him. Haven't heard from him in a while.

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
how does any of that sound "legit"? lol

Typically the fake listings on craigslist aren't out to make $184 on upper level tickets and walk you through the gate. This seems like a guy looking to sell extras who you could meet and pay after you are in. Maybe I am wrong.

I have gotten pairs on Craigslist this year and been fine.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Typically the fake listings on craigslist aren't out to make $184 on upper level tickets and walk you through the gate. This seems like a guy looking to sell extras who you could meet and pay after you are in. Maybe I am wrong.

I have gotten pairs on Craigslist this year and been fine.

Could very well be legit, but "I am a one time private seller" does not give me any sort of confidence. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't try to buy them if I wanted those tickets. I would meet with the guy and check the barcodes on ticketexchange and if everything is good hand over the money

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Please list ticket prices when posting. Thank you.

We give users the opportunity to buy tickets from and sell tickets to other HF Rangers fans at the discretion of moderators and administrators. We think it's a great way to meet people, and it's always nice when we fill Madison Square Garden with those we know will really appreciate attending a game! Please keep the following guidelines in mind when posting individual game tickets for sale in this thread:
  • Be sure to list the section, row, and seat numbers of the tickets you're selling. You may also wish to include other information like "more leg room!" or "Rangers shoot twice!"
  • List your asking price and any shipping costs or seller fees if applicable. Site administration has reminded us that selling tickets for more than face value is not permitted by law in many jurisdictions, so it will not be allowed here. However, you can always sell below face value if you so desire or list tickets at face value and include reasonable charges (such as PayPal fees) that would otherwise come out of your pocket. You MUST list a price. Posts with no prices or that say "PM me for prices" will be deleted and violators subject to moderator action.
  • Making the sale of tickets or making the price of tickets contingent on the purchase of pre-season tickets or other items is strictly prohibited.
  • Remember to mark your post as SOLD once the tickets are sold.
  • Please don't over-post your tickets; we want to give everyone a chance to post tickets if they have them.
  • Anyone posting games for sale at face value or lower and then raising the prices to market value when prospective purchasers make contact via PM will be banned from the ticket resale thread and subject to additional moderator action up to and including a ban from the site.
  • We reserve the right to temporarily close or permanently terminate this thread if it becomes unmanageable or if the rules are being too frequently violated.
  • The rules are not negotiable, but any feedback you have must be submitted to [email protected].

Nyr40620

Mar 26, 2017
17-18 Tickets -
Will have 10-12 games + preseason available
Section 224/20
95per and 40per for preseason. Please send PM

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
How soon after the season do they release playoff tickets?

Its been almost a decade since I gave up my seasons and I cant remember anything about the process.

The process is all different. Yesterday was the deadline for STHs and half-planners to renew for next year and pay for playoff strips. They'll probably give the non-renewers a grace period til Friday to change their minds then next week they'll take the strips that weren't paid for and offer them (probably not all of them) to half planners & mini-planners that have renewed.

The rest will be sold on Ticketmaster and at the Box Office in a staggered manner. Beware that to fuel a mad rush and sense of scarcity they will not release everything at once and will put them up in dribs and drabs as people pay the ransom. The tickets will be priced dynamically, which means basically just below Stubhub prices.

First they have a presale for various plan holders, which is a total fraud since they don't give them a unique password, and so everyone in the public knows the password (like "RANGERSTOWN"). Then they'll have a chase credit card presale, and then they'll have the general sale. None of these presales are much of an advantage because of the dynamic pricing and because the hold back so much.

As time goes by, they'll release more and more seats and if the game happens to be on a bad day like Mother's day or Easter, prices will eventually dump on ticketmaster and on the secondary market

Nyr40620

Mar 26, 2017
2017-2018 Tickets -

Will have 10-12 games + preseason available
Section 224/20
95per and 40per for preseason. Please send PM

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
2017-18 Season Tickets available.

I am looking to move a lot of tickets for 17/18 season.

Would be willing to do an entire season at face value, tickets are $99 per (average over the season).

2 available in 208, 2 in 217. Willing to do half or 1/4 season as well. Deposit will be needed and remainder in September.

Payment only via Chase Quick Pay, and then I will hand you the hard tickets once they arrive.

Work in taking me to Asia for all of 2018, so I won't be able to go to any games after January 4th.

Please pm me if interested.

Thanks!

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Playoff tickets cannot be sold using this method as no one realistically sells tickets at or below face value except to people they know personally. This thread will be re-opened in the late summer once the schedule is released for the 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad