OT: 2015 Redskins Part (RG)III: The Road To The Super Bowl/HOF Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
that's pathetic. 3rd and 8, Miami is running to keep the clock going, and Skins can't wrap the guy.

game over

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The better team is going to win. Can't really be mad at that.

Some positives though.

-Morris is excellent as always.
-Left side of the line opened some nice holes for Morris as well.
-Cousins was good, but needs to improve.
-Garcon was good, rest of the WR's were not.
-Reed was good in passing game.
-Defensive front played well for the most part, got 3 sacks.

The bad:
-More bad penalties and mistakes on 1st and 10 effectively killing drives before they start.
-Bad penalties in general.
-Secondary was suspect coming into this game, and it remains that way. Injuries didn't help.
-Special teams, including the MVP punter, was bad.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
So much trash accumulated by Shanny and Allen. Going to take some time. I like our draft and our FA pickups this year. We are heading in the right direction. I would really like to see a more dynamic OLB than Murphy. Give Smith and Jeffcoat a chance.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Cousins needs to learn to take what's there and lead a late game drive. He tries to force the ball too much into tight windows and he's still very gun shy under pressure. I think we really miss a guy like Niles Paul this afternoon. Reed is a beast at times but Skins needed some vertical speed right down the middle.

Sep 19, 2008
Grading time.

Offense - C+. Started off very well and efficient. I liked seeing the west coast offense in execution. Cousins played very well despite the two picks (one of which was a total freak play). The second half had some pretty bad drives, but they were largely attributed to stupid players doing stupid penalties. You can't do much when your teammates are forcing you into a 3rd and 20 situation. When the Redskins weren't committing penalties on offense, they were actually productive and making positive plays. The last Redskins drive went all the way deep into Dolphins territory before flaming out on 4th down. But you could see progress. And from this Kirk hater who thought McCoy should have started Week 1, he's sold me that he has a future on this team. He is the best QB on this roster, and he should definitely get the chances to start future games.

Defense - D+. The front 7 did a good job of shutting down the Dolphins at first. As said many times, the first 3 drives the Dolphins had one first down. The defense looked somewhat competent. Then they started to get spliced apart in the two minute drill, and that just changed the momentum of the game.

The problem was an injury plagued secondary, Amerson continued to show he was ineffective and was burned all day. Culliver had a penalty and a dropped pick. Robinson also dropped a sure pick. One bright spot was the hilarious fumble recovery off the huge Miami loss. At times this defense did show up but the story of the day was this inept secondary which remains a glaring issue.

Special teams - D - big ST return broke it open. Glaring issue reminiscent of 2014. FG decent. Punting fine.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Al Davis has won a Super Bowl.

Snyder might be the worst owner in NFL History, no hyperbole.

He's taken a top 3 franchise and turned it into a bottom 3, embarrassingly stupid one.

Snyder knows dick about team sports. He'd ruin a Pop Warner team.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Cousins needs to learn to take what's there and lead a late game drive. He tries to force the ball too much into tight windows and he's still very gun shy under pressure. I think we really miss a guy like Niles Paul this afternoon. Reed is a beast at times but Skins needed some vertical speed right down the middle.

He was doing well. He made a couple difficult passes. The protection didn't do its job and the playcalling was suspect.

It looked like Reed ran the wrong route on the last play, which wouldn't surprise anyone.

Sep 19, 2008
The playcalling is only bad when they're in a 3rd and 10+ hole. When it's 3rd and 6 it's fine. But there is no way you should call a screen for one yard on 2 and 20. No ****ing way. I don't care what the excuse is

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Marcus Mariota just threw a 52 yard TD pass off a read/option play action pop pass. The type Griffin threw back in '12. Brought back good memories seeing that.

And Winston answers Mariota with a INT the Titans return for a TD. :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Al Davis has won a Super Bowl.

Snyder might be the worst owner in NFL History, no hyperbole.

He's taken a top 3 franchise and turned it into a bottom 3, embarrassingly stupid one.

Snyder knows dick about team sports. He'd ruin a Pop Warner team.

It could be argued Davis won his SB's before he lost control of his mental faculties, leading to a once proud franchise in the Raiders turning into a laughing stock.

As for what you said about LiL Danny, no argument from me accept for the top 3 franchise part when LiL Danny bought the team. JKC's Skins were not prepared for free agency and the salary cap when they were inacted, and the team dropped to the bottom. The team was catching back up when JKC died, but it was a mid pack NFL franchise.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The Titans may have their own version of Griffin.

Marcus Mariota in the 1st quarter of his NFL career: 6/9 130 2 TDs 0 INTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->