OT: 2015 Redskins Part (RG)III: The Road To The Super Bowl/HOF Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
At some point the coach has got to tell those guys on the field to STOP DOING DUMB CRAP and focus on positive ****ing yardage. Bad special teams...it's so sad because if they played on offense like they did the first half, without the penalties, they'd have more points on the damn board.

I'ts 17 unanswered by the Dolphins. That's pathetic.

It's not Cousins fault either. Cousins is 15/20. He is surrounded by ****.

Officials took over this game, frankly. Dolphins have been very fortunate.

Incidentally Roberts, Amerson, and Murphy are awful. These Allen-era leftovers will eventually not be on this team.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah, I don't blame him, that was just a freak pick

IT happens

The problem is Miami is just running out the clock so the Redskins might have only one possession left to tie it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
IF you had the challenge flag why didn't you throw it?

Probably got word that they'd lose. Needed the TO for later. Ball appeared controlled with butt in bounds. Would have lost that challenge most likely

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Cousins has been good. If not for the first pick, excellent even.

Total lack of team discipline and half time adjustments, plus conservative play calling.

Loser stuff.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ok, IIRC Cousins had a few opportunities to bring the team back late in other games, maybe Philly, and gagged. So far he's thrown one late pickle. He NEEDS to get it together for this drive. The playcalling has to put him in a position to succeed. A toss on 2nd and 20 which is sure to bring up 3rd and long aint gonna cut it.

Sep 19, 2008
Cousins should rely largely on 10 yard passing plays to move the chains. Systematically lead the team down the field.

Starting to recapture some of that first quarter play.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Oh boy shades of last season's Kirk. That pass before the first down reminded me of the Giants game.

Sep 19, 2008
3rd and 7.

There's still a chance, but they have to get the field goal here. Don't think you can go for it.

I'd take the risk of trusting the defense and hoping to get the ball back down 17-13. You need the points.

Sep 19, 2008
That's why you take the field goal.

There's a slim chance the defense holds Miami to a three and out and we get the ball back with a chance to tie.

Sep 19, 2008
I blame the issue more on the players than Gruden. The players are terrible. Gruden did a good job getting the short plays to Cousins. Cousins was able to execute the offense efficiently.

The problem wasn't off the field, it was on it. It was the penalties. It was dumb plays. Now what the coaches need to do is to tell them to stop ****ing committing so many damn penalties. We must have had like 90 yards off penalties, I kid you not. That's too much. That's Raiders quality.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
4th and 7 was asking a lot. Would of liked to see a FG attempt instead, but thats why I am sitting at home in a recliner.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
nobody calls timeout, gruden has to run on the field and do it himself

Sep 19, 2008
Beating Miami was always a reach though. Miami is a good team. We just shot ourself in the foot with penalties.

Hopefully this is something that is addressed. Because if they play this poorly again and commit all these penalties and kill drives then I'll start clamoring for Gruden's head. Yes, it is something the coaches should try to fix . But right now, I just feel like Gruden's not been given much to work with here. You give him a whole lot of **** compiled by the former regime, how can anyone succeed? Given his performance today, he's done moderately well save for some of the 3rd and 20 playcalling (which other people do anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad