OT: 2015 Redskins Part IV: Kirk In

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Kirk was great. The defense, outside of horrid pass D, stepped up.

10 penalties and losing the TO battle won't win much.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
literally been sitting staring at my tv with my mouth open dumbfounded for the last ten minutes. that was so unexpected that it was awesome

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Giants just won to also go 2-2. If the Cowboys lose to the Saints, local radio will once again shift to talk of winning the division. At least they won't be talking about the QB situation.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That was fun. Kirk sacked up; credit where it's due. Even though I think Pierre saved his bacon with that unbelievable catch in the endzone, that is what I've been waiting to see from him.

Stay healthy, Jordan Reed. Also, I doubt we'll ever see Andre Roberts in a Redskins uniform again.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
So happy about the unexpexted clutch victory. Wasn't able to watch on TV, but radio was fun, too. Cooley & Doc were ecstatic about the outcome :)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love Cooley on the radio broadcast. Really excellent analysis and play breakdown. Sonny is all but done, he just provides late interjections. Or they ask him a softball question and he just goes "Yep!"

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
On my way home from the game, more on the later wife driving, but how about an 80+ yard drive for the win? Forget who was at QB for a moment, the team (players and coaches) drove the length of the field for the win. It's a huge positive. Huge.

And watching it live made it all the more special. And jammin with the drum line from the Skins band after the game was icing on the cake.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
The team is so predictable. That run with the FB who didn't see that one coming? Then the defense just tries to beat everyone straight up but at least the team has flashes of talent that can now. Kerrigan I hope has woken up after his missed chances today. The secondary can use all the help it can get.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
On my way home from the game, more on the later wife driving, but how about an 80+ yard drive for the win? Forget who was at QB for a moment, the team (players and coaches) drove the length of the field for the win. It's a huge positive. Huge.

And watching it live made it all the more special. And jammin with the drum line from the Skins band after the game was icing on the cake.

Yup. There were some definite positives to the game.

This game ended your FedEx boycott, yeah? Not a bad choice.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I love Cooley on the radio broadcast. Really excellent analysis and play breakdown. Sonny is all but done, he just provides late interjections. Or they ask him a softball question and he just goes "Yep!"

He was surprisingly good, if not a little fanboy'ish, but it wasn't grating.

The crew was in rare form today with that win. They were having a great time you could tell.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Sounds like Jordan Reed suffered a concussion according to Twitter. Searching for original source

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He was surprisingly good, if not a little fanboy'ish, but it wasn't grating.

The crew was in rare form today with that win. They were having a great time you could tell.

I've never listened to them during a win, but while playing badly Cooley can get pretty critical quickly. The rest were doing the "oh shucks!" Routine and he was bringing some good analysis about who/what went wrong and why, I think he's greatly improved the show

Sep 19, 2008
As someone who was at the game with the poor people up in the 400's yet again for double duty (Capitals game afterwards) it was quite interesting to see all those Eagles fans up there, and it wasn't only the poor people who were infesting the stadium, it was all over. In the lower bowl, there were Eagles fans everywhere. It was basically South Philly in my standing room only stands. Surrounded by Eagles and Cowboys fans. There were like 5 Redskins fans in that section. 5.

It's been two games now at FedEx and every time I see someone get thrown out or security at work. It really is not a family friendly place, profanities are all over the place, beer gets spilled all the time, fights often break out in the stands :laugh: Haven't seen that happen at Caps and Nats games.

Anyway it was a good game and the crowd was as mentioned very pro-Philadelphia and they would hoot and holler at everything and British people were behind me yelling DEFENSE and it was crazy but the Skins got that early 13-0 lead so that shut them up. Note that the Eagles had two opportunities that half to put points on the board, but fumbled away the football (I believe in the Redskins territory but I am not sure) and the missed field goal.

My concern was with the second half where at least 3 times the Redskins secondary got burned for touchdowns. The last time was the most irritating, since the play before, there is this phantom PI call when nothing happened. It was one of the most baffling and inexplicable calls I've ever seen and I've got to think that was a major refereeing error because after you catch a damn ball and the defender touches you, it cannot possibly be pass interference. Of course after that egregious call the Eagles get way behind the secondary and score a TD

The Redskins had to scrimmage from the 10 once in the fourth quarter, and looked pretty anemic, so I was kind of wary they'd do it again. But I was impressed by the way Kirk led the team down the field systematically, with the help of Eagles penalties. When the winning touchdown was scored, the whole place burst apart and the Eagles fans that had been yelling and screaming and hollering all day were stunned silent. All in all, they weren't that bad, the worst was still the Mets fans who invaded Nationals Park on Labor Day.

It was a good win today, and I'm happy, but the Falcons are going to be tough. This secondary is questionable. Matt Ryan and Julio Jones have the opportunity to splice this porous secondary apart but I'm not worried about that now. Today it's time to relax and celebrate seeing that in person, which was amazing and something I won't forget.

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
former skins draft pick zack hocker misses 30 yarder with ten secs left that could have beaten dallas......................

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Brees on that last drive was absurd, and he isn't even 100%. Oh, Hocker missed? No problem, let me go all out on this throw and win real quick.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Dallas 2-2
New York 2-2
Washington 2-2
Philadelphia 1-3

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events