OT: 2015 Redskins Part IV: Kirk In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Probably in the minority, but I'm happy with how they played. The running game was great, the receivers were solid, the offensive line was decent, although they had a few lapses, and Cousins was exactly what we thought he was. The defense was surprisingly good, a few big plays aside. I wasn't expecting a win, but was surprised that they held so close. All in all, a solid performance that I'm perfectly fine with considering the low expectations I have for them.

Sep 19, 2008
Exactly. They didn't play THAT bad.

The biggest issue was the penalties. I was expecting a blowout.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I had them losing by a TD with a chance to win. So about what I thought, but lower scoring. The injuries and penalties are a concern.

I thought Cousins was sharp in the first half but seemed a little less poised in the final few drives. Morris was exactly what he needs to be. Nice to see Reed upright.

Sep 19, 2008
And they'll probably beat us when they come to FEdEx. Jameis will have a MVP game :laugh:

I still remember McCown...a journeyman...and the Bucs just coming into FedEx last year and Evans torched the Redskins. That was one of two wins the Bucs had in 2014 :laugh:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
And they'll probably beat us when they come to FEdEx. Jameis will have a MVP game :laugh:

I still remember McCown...a journeyman...and the Bucs just coming into FedEx last year and Evans torched the Redskins. That was one of two wins the Bucs had in 2014 :laugh:

I'm pretty sure it was the Redskins who got McCown paid. He was a backup in Chicago and Cutler was injured during the game, if I'm not mistaken. McCown came in and lit the Redskins up.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
If your game plan falls apart bc one WR gets hurt, you have a **** game plan.

They were having success running the ball and didn't play action off of it.

Why not throw to Crowder deep?

Why else is he on the roster? To catch bubble screens?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If your game plan falls apart bc one WR gets hurt, you have a **** game plan.

They were having success running the ball and didn't play action off of it.

Why not throw to Crowder deep?

Why else is he on the roster? To catch bubble screens?

Gruden is garbage. And it wasn't RGIII this time, but he threw another one of his players under the bus in his presser blaming Jordan Reed for the final incomplete. He's a loser.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Gruden is garbage. And it wasn't RGIII this time, but he threw another one of his players under the bus in his presser blaming Jordan Reed for the final incomplete. He's a loser.

Oh please. He was asked what happened on the last 4th down pass. Why Cousins threw one way and Reed went another way. No where near the level of what he said about Griffin last year. Regardless, these are pro athletes. They don't get orange slices after the game and they don't need their feelings protected.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Oh please. He was asked what happened on the last 4th down pass. Why Cousins threw one way and Reed went another way. No where near the level of what he said about Griffin last year. Regardless, these are pro athletes. They don't get orange slices after the game and they don't need their feelings protected.

Did you happen to see Coughlin's presser after they lost? Could have said countless things about how Eli ****ed it up and made a mistake but instead said it was a bad play call and totally on him. Gruden is a boob.

Sep 19, 2008
More undeserved gruden bashing for a guy in only his second year.

Also everyone is bashing Kirk and apparently he played bad yesterday according to some. That is certainly false based on what I saw last afternoon. Tell me how the bad secondary, 11 penalties, and bad special teams is Kirk fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad