OT: 2015 Redskins Part I: Building America's Football Capital (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Sources Tell Us "Not a fan. I've always thought he was bad. Name only, can't play." -- SEC defensive coordinator

Bottom Line While Kouandjio has been part of a successful team at Alabama, that doesn't mean he is ready to take that next step. At times it's painful to watch Kouandjio try to move in space and he's limited to blocks that are right in front of him. His lack of functional athleticism and versatility will limit his NFL chances.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Wash trades down

And here we go: the Redskins received the Saints 187th pick and a 6th rounder in 2016.

6th round picks: 181, 182 and 187

Kyshoen Jarrett, S VT (5'9 Safety?)
Tevin Mictchel, CB Arkansas
Evan Spencer, WR, OSU

Last edited:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Evan Spencer a great ST player (per NFLN).........and his brother is an area scout with Washington....and his dad is coach with Tampa :doh:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
This is outdated but I am replying now because I have just gotten home. The draft day dash and party is well worth it and a good opportunity to meet Redskins. I was able to get RG3's autograph. He came out, addressed the people, and then was kind enough to sign autographs.
There were mad chants of RG3 and everyone wanted an autograph and I was stuck in the mob but I did get an autograph. He was like "Who you all got in the fight tonight."
What a kind man

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
we made an effort to address the OL which I'm happy about. Not sure about our WR/RB picks, and the rest who knows. If we got a starting OG and LB out of this draft, I'll be happy.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
From what I heard on the radio the Duke WR will be a slot guy and a returner. Cutcliff running pro style offense at Duke a big plus.

The Skins could use a waterbug slot/returner who can make things happen I. The open field.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
UDFA's

Connor Halliday, QB Washington State
Ty Long, K UAB
Devin Mahina, TE BYU
Tyler Rutenbeck, WR Dubuque
Takoby Cofield, OT Duke
Quinton Dunbar, WR Florida
Terrance Plummer, ILB UCF
Brey Cook, OT Arkansas
Corey Crawford, DE Clemson
Dyshawn Davis, LB Syracuse
Ben Rhyne, P Stanford (Tryout)

Sep 19, 2008
Halliday was linked a few weeks ago with the Redskins and they had expressed interest. Ran an Air Raid Mike Leach offense at Washington State.

Nice of the Redskins to draft Corey Crawford, but not sure where they need a goalie on the field

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think Crowder will end up being the best player in this draft class.

Gruden on Crowder:

WR Jamison Crowder (fourth round): “We liked his big-play ability. He can return punts, obviously. That’s obviously exciting. Very productive college football player, very tough, and he’s going to be an instant playmaker for us. So, that’s going to be a good one.â€

Rest of Gruden's breakdown of the later draft picks from Keim:

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-...-gruden-breaks-down-last-seven-redskins-picks

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Its rare that a WR comes in and provides instant anything.

Have we found a waterbug ready to plug into our lineup?? I sure hope so. Watching Welker Amendola and the rest kill us in the past decade has been hard to watch.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I like Crowder a lot as not only a slot option but someone that can be a threat out of the backfield.

noptov

Jan 27, 2009
Mclean, VA
Its rare that a WR comes in and provides instant anything.

He probably meant as punt/kick returner first, with a chance to develop into a slot receiver in time. A lot of the late picks fall under the description: good at special teams, may be useful in certain packages, longshots to become starters.

Considering how bad our special teams have been lately, I'm pretty okay with that.

Initially, I was perplexed by the pick of Jones in the third round, but if he can catch like the front office and coaches believe, than he could be a great break the mold option as a 3rd down back, since he is already considered a good pass protector. Imagine spreading the field, then handing off to 230lb back with a group of road graders (Williams, Scherff, Koundjio and/or Long) vs a dime front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad