Speculation: 2015 NJDevils offseason game plan

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
I'm on board to TRADE for another top 6 forward tho. One that would push Elias to 3LW.

(assuming Frolik is ours :nod:)

I really hope we get Frolik as well. Been a fan since his Chicago days. Any C you like that you think wecould get?

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Brandon Sutter isnowhere near a #1C

Closer than the zombie skating around wearing Zajacs jersey these days though. Maybe he could hold it down till Zacha's ready then swith to the 2nd line w TZ 3rd? Put up some decent numbers for the Pens although I admit I didn't see him play alot.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 55s56 seconds ago Sunrise, FL
Ray Shero said Devils will not try to re-sign Gomez, Bernier, Fraser, Harrold

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008

Was kind of hoping Gomer would get re-signed...oh well. Geuss Kyle keeps 21 now

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
We need forwards next season, Shero trades for a young right wing out of nowhere, yet some are upset we passed on...what forward exactly did we pass on that was going to solve our forward issues? I'm a little confused. Was Kessel available in the second round?

Yan and Harkins have top6 potential. We could've gotten a goalie later...or next year. It's just a missed opportunity to keep stocking the cupboard.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
So the offseason plan is to flush the turds and old men down the toilet.

guess it all started with Lou

I kid I kid. but yeah, Shero REALLY taking us in a good direction. giving him a good mark so far. we'll see what FA brings

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ

No shocker on any of these. Have been saying it since the last day of the season. The assumption by some of the fan base that any of them were going to be back was killed the moment Shero took the job and moreso when Hynes was hired.

I'd have been ok with Gomez or Bernier back if nothing was able to be done otherwise and I have sympathy towards Gomez, but at the same time it's time to move on whether its lateral or progressive moves remains to be seen.

Harrold and Fraser were foregone conclusions. Neither are worthy of full time NHL contracts.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Would love to see us go after Oshie.

Gelinas, Kuja and 2016 3rd for Oshie and 2016 5th.

I think I'd do it.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Any word on Coleman?

Shero talked about having until August to sort that out, so it's not a priority at the moment, but it's "being worked on". Was in one of the Q&A-things TG posted around the time he was hired, I think.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
I feel confident in Shero's interview regarding the UFA class. Hope he won't sign anyone to ridiculous money and term. Speaks of giving younger guys a shot. I really hope we don't pursue Beleskey, as rumored. A guy like Blake Coleman may be able to come into camp and fulfill a similar role.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I feel confident in Shero's interview regarding the UFA class. Hope he won't sign anyone to ridiculous money and term. Speaks of giving younger guys a shot. I really hope we don't pursue Beleskey, as rumored. A guy like Blake Coleman may be able to come into camp and fulfill a similar role.

TG seems to believe we will not be in on Beleskey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->