2015 NHL redraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Bruins haven taken a lot of heat for this draft. Some deserved some not so much. But this will take the sting away a bit.

Jake Debrusk. I have been very impressed by him in the playoffs. 2G 1A, 3 pts in 4 games. He's the typical Bruin.

Good at both ends of the ice, lays on the body, hard to play against. This is a really good player already that is only going to get better.

Here's his big goal last night. So for Bruins fans that take a lot of heat in this thread, some warranted some not so much. Congrats you have a good one here. Great pick.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The way people went on about him, you'd think he was going to be the next Pronger, Lidstrom, Dermott, etc.
Oh yes here we go, Leaf fans are overrating Dermot blah, blah, blah. Is there anyone not overrated on the Leafs? And why are they not a bottom 5 team with all this overrated talent?
How is that theory working with Rielly and Marner?

Reactions: Critical

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Oh yes here we go, Leaf fans are overrating Dermot blah, blah, blah. Is there anyone not overrated on the Leafs? And why are they not a bottom 5 team with all this overrated talent?
How is that theory working with Rielly and Marner?

I love Mitch Marner. Not a huge fan of Rielly, but I think he's a top pairing defenseman. But none of that matters, because the only person's hypocrisy that was exposed here was your own.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I love Mitch Marner. Not a huge fan of Rielly, but I think he's a top pairing defenseman. But none of that matters, because the only person's hypocrisy that was exposed here was your own.
Why don't you explain how it was exposed?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Personally, I think everybody's top 8 should include McDavid, Eichel, Barzal, Marner, Rantanen, Boeser, Provorov, and Werenski in some order.

McDavid 1st of course, then arguments to be made for Eichel/Barzal/Provorov for the #2 spot, then the other four in whatever order you prefer them.

That's fair for the top 8. I'd say Aho, Connor, Konecny and Hanfin are in the next group, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of those 4 supplant one of the top 8 at some point down the road.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That's fair for the top 8. I'd say Aho, Connor, Konecny and Hanfin are in the next group, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of those 4 supplant one of the top 8 at some point down the road.

Aho should be #9 on a majority of lists for now, then Connor. Hanifin might start climbing up depending on how he plays. Carolina sure is lucky to get 2 top-12 talents in such a deep draft, and Aho all the way in the 2nd without having to move up or anything.

Reactions: Sami Salo

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Why don't you explain how it was exposed?

Oh, I don't know, one minute you're calling people out for claiming that a Leafs fan is overrating Dermott when he ranks him ahead of Hanifin, Aho, Connor, Konecny, etc., and then the next you're agreeing with another fan that HF tends to overrate young defensemen when he's arguing that Provorov might be overrated, all in the same damned thread.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Aho should be #9 on a majority of lists for now, then Connor. Hanifin might start climbing up depending on how he plays. Carolina sure is lucky to get 2 top-12 talents in such a deep draft, and Aho all the way in the 2nd without having to move up or anything.

Maybe. If someone were to say Aho should be a bit lower, I wouldn't argue too much (depending who they put ahead of him). If someone put him a bit higher, again, I wouldn't argue too much. I think your top 8 is pretty solid overall though.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Oh, I don't know, one minute you're calling people out for claiming that a Leafs fan is overrating Dermott when he ranks him ahead of Hanifin, Aho, Connor, Konecny, etc., and then the next you're agreeing with another fan that HF tends to overrate young defensemen when he's arguing that Provorov might be overrated, all in the same damned thread.
I am really glad you got 2 likes for this, but when the hell did I say that?

mja

Jan 7, 2005
I am really glad you got 2 likes for this, but when the hell did I say that?

Ahem, Part 1:

It is too early to know for sure how a redraft shou.d go especially given that this draft looks so strong. Rankings 2-8 are so subjective at this point, because of the strength of talent that has emerged. Taking into account what we have seen so far and future projection my top 15 in a redraft would be:
1 McDavid
2 Marner
3 Eichel
4 Barzal
5 Provorov
6 Rantanen
7 Boeser
8 Werenski
9 Dermott
10 Hanifin
11 Aho
12 Connor
13 Chabot
14 Konecny
15 Carlo

So far I don't think I have seen anyone with the same top 8 and often the rankings of the players in the various poster's top 8s have ranged widely showing the wealth of talent and how close those prospects are.

Dermott over Aho hahaha
Dermott over Connor hahahaha
Dermott over Konecny hahaha

But best of all.. Dermott over Hanifin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahHhAhHhahaH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here we go the haters are bringing out the "LOL Leaf Fans are Overrating Dermott" idea. Here we go again...
I actually do not think Dernott is the real deal. All stats and analytical info tells me he is.

And Part 2:

I don't want to downplay Provorov but I find this board overrates under 23 year old defensemen for what they might be 3-4 years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if a few years from now he is rated the 2nd best player this draft but as for now I am not sure he even cracks top 5 best players(so far)

Please see Tyler Myers as an example.

That's the first one that comes to mind, Ekblad after his first season is another. As I pointed out I seen it with OEL. Brodin probably would fit the bill as well

The hype Myers got on here was ridiculous.

The way people went on about him, you'd think he was going to be the next Pronger, Lidstrom, Dermott, etc.

You were saying?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
DeBrusk has to go lower now with his performance this year and his playoffs too date. Guy has a high motor on both ends of the ice scored yesterday and had 7 hits. Two goals so far and his speed is giving the Leafs problems. He does everything Marner does, just a little less flashy but without any fanfare.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
DeBrusk has to go lower now with his performance this year and his playoffs too date. Guy has a high motor on both ends of the ice scored yesterday and had 7 hits. Two goals so far and his speed is giving the Leafs problems.

DeBrusk is a player, but he was drafted 14th overall. He's easily behind at least 7 of the players drafted ahead of him as well as 5 of the players drafted after him, and there a couple of other guys fighting with him for that 13th spot. So, at best, 1 pick higher, and likely he might even slip a pick or two. Which is to take nothing away from him, he's a hell of a player, but it's just a crazy ridiculous talent-laden draft.

Reactions: BM14

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I will update my Draft Rankings a little later.

But for me right now.

King of the Mountain
1. McDavid

Tier 2
Eichel
Barzal
Provorov

Tier 3
Rantanen
Werenski
Boeser

Tier 4
Marner
Connor
Konecny
Aho
Tbh I agree with this but I don't how Rantanen can be on the third tier with 84pts in 81gp...

TBH, I have Rantanen higher than Provorov.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Says a lot about the strength of this years draft when a guy like Kyle Connor who puts up 30 goals in his rookie season is a borderline top 10 player. A lot of teams definitely nabbed some impact players that year.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
So........Marner is playing pretty well in the playoffs against a physical Bruins team and the Bergeron line, with 8 pts and in 6 gp and some solid defensive play. This is especially impressive with the playoffs being much tighter hockey with less room to operate.

Perhaps he is a lot closer to being the 2nd best player in this draft, than the 8th where many had him, and were cutting up those of us that had him 2nd or 3rd.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
So........Marner is playing pretty well in the playoffs against a physical Bruins team and the Bergeron line, with 8 pts and in 6 gp and some solid defensive play. This is especially impressive with the playoffs being much tighter hockey with less room to operate.

Perhaps he is a lot closer to being the 2nd best player in this draft, than the 8th where many had him, and were cutting up those of us that had him 2nd or 3rd.
It's still wrong to say he'd go top 3 in a redraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad