2015 NHL redraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Hey guys with the way that some of the players from the 2015 draft class have preformed early on (Barzal, Boeser ect ect) i figured it would be a good time to revisit the draft and see how the rankings would have potentially changed. Here are my rankings.

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Werenski
4) Marner
5) Barzal
6) Boeser
7) Rantanen
8) Hanifin
9) Aho
10) Provorov
11) Chabot
12) Connor
13) Strome
14) Debrusk
15) Roslovic
HM) Konecny

I only did 15 due to fact of limited NHL experience of most players in the draft class. Curious to see what other peoples rankings and opinions are.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
McDavid
Eichel
Werenski
Marner
Provorov
Aho
Hanifin
Rantanen
Barzal
Boeser
Chabot
Connor
Sprong
Konecny
Eriksson-Ek

I guess idk

My HMs would be Carlo, Samsonov, Larsson, Carlsson, Roslovic, DeBrusk

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
With all re-draft threads, I think the only ones that deserve to be changed are huge misses. If you hit on a draft pick, whether it be 3 or 200 it's a success, no matter who you 'could have' picked.

Drafts are very hard, hitting on a pick should always be considered as a win.

I feel bad for the teams that haven't hit on this draft(at least so far) seems like a huge wasted opportunity.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Carlo has been a full time top-4 defenseman playing 20-22 minutes since the beginning of last year. A really advanced defensive game for his age. Basically him and Chara anchoring the back end on one of the top PK's over that span. Have to think he's at least worthy of an HM.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Carlo has been a full time top-4 defenseman playing 20-22 minutes since the beginning of last year. A really advanced defensive game for his age. Basically him and Chara anchoring the back end on one of the top PK's over that span. Have to think he's at least worthy of an HM.
Oh true, forgot he was 2015

Whileee

May 29, 2010
With all re-draft threads, I think the only ones that deserve to be changed are huge misses. If you hit on a draft pick, whether it be 3 or 200 it's a success, no matter who you 'could have' picked.

Drafts are very hard, hitting on a pick should always be considered as a win.

I feel bad for the teams that haven't hit on this draft(at least so far) seems like a huge wasted opportunity.
Looks like the Jets really feasted in 2015...

Connor (NHL: 16 games, 11 points)
Roslovic (AHL: 19 games, 21 points)
Foley (NCAA: 10 games, 12 points)
Appleton (AHL: 19 games, 16 points)
Niku D (AHL: 19 games, 10 points)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Provorov at #10? Yikes.

McDavid
Eichel
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Marner
Barzal
Boeser
Hanifin
Aho
Strome
Zacha
Connor
DeBrusk
Konecny
Chabot
Eriksson-Ek
Dunn
Larsson
Carlo

My Top 20, with honorable mentions including Sprong, Beauvillier, Carlsson, Meier, and Samsonov.

Roslovic deserves at least an honorable mention. He's tearing up the AHL this season after leading his AHL team in scoring as a 19-year old rookie last season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Roslovic deserves at least an honorable mention. He's tearing up the AHL this season after leading his AHL team in scoring as a 19-year old rookie last season.

Meh, The large majority of guys I ranked are guys who are already playing NHL roles and for the majority of them, thriving in those roles.

Roslovic is doing well in the AHL but hasn't taken that next step that a large majority of the other guys has already taken.

He probably is deserving of an honorable mention, but so are a lot of other guys really. I only listed 5 so's not to have another very long list but realistically there's probably another 5-10 guys I could have easily mentioned that are very close to deserving of a spot in that Top 20.

After the first ~10 or so players, it gets extremely close in that draft right now as a lot of guys have had very good D+1 and D+2 years, while others are starting to really come along now.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Provorov at #10? Yikes.

McDavid
Eichel
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Marner
Barzal
Boeser
Hanifin
Aho
Strome
Zacha
Connor
DeBrusk
Konecny
Chabot
Eriksson-Ek
Dunn
Larsson
Carlo

My Top 20, with honorable mentions including Sprong, Beauvillier, Carlsson, Meier, and Samsonov.
I like Provorov. Just not as much as the guys i had above him. 3 - 10 are interchangeable for me personally.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Provorov at #10? Yikes.

McDavid
Eichel
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Marner
Barzal
Boeser
Hanifin
Aho
Strome
Zacha
Connor
DeBrusk
Konecny
Chabot
Eriksson-Ek
Dunn
Larsson
Carlo

I wonder how many Canes fans would pick Hanifin over Aho.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Why is Boeser below guys like Rantanen and Marner? The dude is carrying the franchise right now. And is getting better everyday. All are wingers. It's not like Boeser has the inferior track record either. His freshman year at nodak was record breaking. There's no argument if the redraft is based on today outside of fantasy potential.

Reactions: Trojans86

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Meh, The large majority of guys I ranked are guys who are already playing NHL roles and for the majority of them, thriving in those roles.

Roslovic is doing well in the AHL but hasn't taken that next step that a large majority of the other guys has already taken.

He probably is deserving of an honorable mention, but so are a lot of other guys really. I only listed 5 so's not to have another very long list but realistically there's probably another 5-10 guys I could have easily mentioned that are very close to deserving of a spot in that Top 20.

After the first ~10 or so players, it gets extremely close in that draft right now as a lot of guys have had very good D+1 and D+2 years, while others are starting to really come along now.
Okay. I see that it's just based on players that have some NHL experience, which of course really depends on opportunity for many of them at this stage.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I would hope all of them.

Aho is great but the value of a young potentially elite #1D that's been playing in the NHL since he was 18 years old is why you take him over Aho.
Would it change your opinion if fanbase which watches all their games would disagree with you?

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Why is Boeser below guys like Rantanen and Marner? The dude is carrying the franchise right now. And is getting better everyday. All are wingers. It's not like Boeser has the inferior track record either. His freshman year at nodak was record breaking. There's no argument if the redraft is based on today outside of fantasy potential.
Well Marner got over 60 points as a 19 year old and Rantanen is pretty much a PPG right now and i believe both of them are superior defensive players than Boeser ATM so theres that. If we are going off of pre NHL achievements have you checked out Marners final year in the OHL or Rantanens season in the AHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->