Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread V: McDAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I like Cernak and Lavielle too....probably 3rd rounders...also Senyshen....

after that? Tkachev, of course.

in the deep rounds....radovan bondra, denis godla, tyler brown....keegan kolesar

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Just like 2 years ago. Calgary is going to snag the guy we really want at 15 LOL

I am all for trading the draft pick for immediate help but if the right deal is not there I would use the pick.

What I would do is this : have 2 or 3 deals on the table and wait until it is our turn to pick. If someone fell that was high on our list (zacha, Crouse, ect. Not sure what Oilers are thinking) I make the pick if not I trade it to someone that we have a deal in place for.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Here's my mock draft up to the St. Louis pick

1st - McDavid
4th - Hanifin(trade Draisaitl+)
15th - Zacha
33rd - Juulsen
55th - Lindgren
85th - Samsonov

Extremly optimistic I know.

JayTam

Apr 20, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Everybody hop aboard the Crouse- Bashing- Train! No one wanted him in the Top5, but @16 he would be fine... kinda think the need is more for D and G!

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

1st - McDavid
15th - Zacha
33rd - Juulsen
55th - Lindgren
85th - Samsonov

Ha ha, this is like a dream scenario.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Just like 2 years ago. Calgary is going to snag the guy we really want at 15 LOL

I am all for trading the draft pick for immediate help but if the right deal is not there I would use the pick.

What I would do is this : have 2 or 3 deals on the table and wait until it is our turn to pick. If someone fell that was high on our list (zacha, Crouse, ect. Not sure what Oilers are thinking) I make the pick if not I trade it to someone that we have a deal in place for.

Yeah but we snagged the guy that EVERY team wanted at #1:laugh: Actually you never know, if Calgary finishes the Canucks and somehow bounced Anaheim, the Pens pick would go to 15, and Flames at least 27th

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I like Cernak and Lavielle too....probably 3rd rounders...also Senyshen....

after that? Tkachev, of course.

in the deep rounds....radovan bondra, denis godla, tyler brown....keegan kolesar

I really like Senyshyn. His numbers are probably lower than they should be since he's playing 4th line for SSM right now. They have Tolchinsky, Ritchie, and Bailey on RW ahead of Senyshyn, which is ridiculous. He would be top 6 on any other team.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
My impressions from the game today:

It's too bad Barzal doesn't have more talented forwards to play with at the U18, the US have dominated Canada. J. Roy, Chabot, Stephens and Barzal all look impressive. Stephens is definitely going to raise his draft stock from this tournament. Was ranked as a late 4th to start the tournament.

Knott looks like he's playing on a line that's above his pay grade. He's got potential but he's looking like a late 2nd-3rd rounder which is what he was predicted to be.

Harkins is a disappointment I expected more from him but of all the times I've watched him I've never found him to be better than a late 1st-2nd rounder. I question his offensive upside at times.

Spencer and Brisebois are not going to be NHL players, I've never been a fan of them and I'm still not. But I'd consider them in round 4.

Bear and Wotherspoon have looked good, making some nice things happen.

Currently 4-1 US and Canada won't be catching up, this US team is just too skilled and too good. Matthews is just dominating us and just like his play all year long he is showing that he is better than Eichel when he was Matthews age.

Last edited:

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Nice goal by Stephens followed up by a brutal giveaway by Canada's goaltender Scrivens I mean Cormier ;) 5-2 US

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

1st - McDavid
15th - Zacha
33rd - Juulsen
55th - Lindgren
85th - Samsonov

Don Cherry disapproves of too many Europeans.

But I like it.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Game over 7-2 US. Like Button said if Konecny, Crouse and Marner were there this would have been a different game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
My impressions from the game today:

It's too bad Barzal doesn't have more talented forwards to play with at the U18, the US have dominated Canada. J. Roy, Chabot, Stephens and Barzal all look impressive. Stephens is definitely going to raise his draft stock from this tournament. Was ranked as a late 4th to start the tournament.

Knott looks like he's playing on a line that's above his pay grade. He's got potential but he's looking like a late 2nd-3rd rounder which is what he was predicted to be.

Harkins is a disappointment I expected more from him but of all the times I've watched him I've never found him to be better than a late 1st-2nd rounder. I question his offensive upside at times.

Spencer and Brisebois are not going to be NHL players, I've never been a fan of them and I'm still not. But I'd consider them in round 4.

Bear and Wotherspoon have looked good, making some nice things happen.

Currently 4-1 US and Canada won't be catching up, this US team is just too skilled and too good. Matthews is just dominating us and just like his play all year long he is showing that he is better than Eichel when he was Matthews age.

Matthews is one of the oldest players eligible for the 2016 draft. So yeah, he should be dominating.

That said, inb4 Oilers win Matthews next year. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad