2015 NHL Draft: Tri-City's Wilkie a Cornhusker with his eyes set on North Dakota

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
chris_wilkie_tri_city_storm.jpg
Photo: Tri-City Storm forward and 2015 prospect Chris Wilkie is currently tied for third in goals-scoring in the USHL with 22 goals (courtesy of Tri-City Storm)

When asked why he got into hockey, Chris Wilkie smiles and offers a short laugh. “Well, my dad actually played in the National Hockey League, so that’s obviously where I started playing hockey,†he says, referring to his father, David Wilkie, who played for the Montreal Canadiens, Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Rangers in parts of six NHL seasons. “My mom was from Omaha, so that’s where we would be in the summers, and then we just ended up moving back to Omaha, and we’ve been there for most of my life.â€

David, who’s NHL career ended in 2001, played for the Omaha Lancers during the 1990-91 season before choosing to join the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL in lieu of pursuing college hockey (he was born in Ellensburg, WA).… read more

The post 2015 NHL Draft: Tri-City’s Wilkie a Cornhusker with his eyes set on North Dakota appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad