OT: 2015 NFL Football Discussion, parte deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Somebody was going to stop Tunsil's fall eventually but just because weed is slowly being legalized in America, does not mean that smoking it 2-3 years ago doesn't bring up character concerns. It makes each and every team question if this young man will be mature enough to not allow something as stupid as weed (or other drugs) and alcohol to derail his career and their massive commitment to him.

Especially in a league where fans like me are getting more and more sick of teams giving the Josh Gordon's and Greg Hardys of the world a second chance.

with all the **** that has been going on in the NFL with domestic violence, etc. I couldnt care less if a player smoked week 2-3 years ago. He never failed a test while at school, so whats the big deal?

please don't compare Josh Gordon to Greg Hardy. Greg Hardy should be in jail. Josh Gordon is just a moron.

Maybe I don't understand, but why do so many of these players like Tunsil get caught (or admit) to receiving money for housing? Nevermind the scholarships, you are telling me these kids aren't qualifying for loans from the government? I find that extremely hard to believe. They aren't receiving additional aid for coming from less well off families or coming from divorced/single parent homes? Find that hard to believe too.

What's a student apartment down there? Like $300 a month? What a joke these players need their (ridiculously overpaid) coaches to give them some cash. At worst, sack up or have your parent(s) sack up and get a loan like every other student in the same financial position.

it wasn't money for him, it was for his mother or aunt or something

plus he was suspended at Ole Miss for stuff like that already IIRC. so its not like this is new information.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Real talk, do drug tests even matter when there's undeniable proof that he was smoking the marijuana? It's a pretty terribly kept secret that these kids know when the tests are coming and how to pass them. All a failed drug test says to me that the player is an absolute moron

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
with all the **** that has been going on in the NFL with domestic violence, etc. I couldnt care less if a player smoked week 2-3 years ago. He never failed a test while at school, so whats the big deal?

please don't compare Josh Gordon to Greg Hardy. Greg Hardy should be in jail. Josh Gordon is just a moron.

it wasn't money for him, it was for his mother or aunt or something

plus he was suspended at Ole Miss for stuff like that already IIRC. so its not like this is new information.

I don't blame Miami for the pick. Hopefully for them, they just got the steal of the draft due to the last minute character concerns.

Also, I agree about Hardy. I wasn't trying to compare smoking to beating up a woman but just discussing the recent issues in the nfl with players getting suspended.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Real talk, do drug tests even matter when there's undeniable proof that he was smoking the marijuana? It's a pretty terribly kept secret that these kids know when the tests are coming and how to pass them. All a failed drug test says to me that the player is an absolute moron

:laugh: this is very true. They don't quite get the heads up in the nfl do they?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Welp maybe Fitz is gonna retire now :laugh:

In a vaccum I don't mind stockpiling QB's, and Maccagnan and/or his staff probably had some intel on Hackenberg from the former Penn State coach while he was with the Texans. I'm not a huge fan of the player himself, but you pick enough of these guys law of averages says you better hit on one of them. Or you'll be out of a job.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Welp maybe Fitz is gonna retire now :laugh:

In a vaccum I don't mind stockpiling QB's, and Maccagnan and/or his staff probably had some intel on Hackenberg from the former Penn State coach while he was with the Texans. I'm not a huge fan of the player himself, but you pick enough of these guys law of averages says you better hit on one of them. Or you'll be out of a job.

That is true, I believe that is what Seattle did until they found Russell.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Jets need O-lineman as Mangold and Colon are getting long in the tooth, Giacomini sucks, and an injury plagued Ryan Clady are all a part of the same line

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
*walks into thread*

*sees someone unironically say "doing weed"*

i'll see you when training camp opens

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think unless Johnny Manziel gets some professional psychiatric help soon, he may not be long for this world.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I think unless Johnny Manziel gets some professional psychiatric help soon, he may not be long for this world.

You mean brofessional psychiatric help:laugh:

CZnbbd3WYAAymwG.jpg

He's going to wrap a car around a telephone pole.

Last edited:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Maybe I don't understand, but why do so many of these players like Tunsil get caught (or admit) to receiving money for housing? Nevermind the scholarships, you are telling me these kids aren't qualifying for loans from the government? I find that extremely hard to believe. They aren't receiving additional aid for coming from less well off families or coming from divorced/single parent homes? Find that hard to believe too.

What's a student apartment down there? Like $300 a month? What a joke these players need their (ridiculously overpaid) coaches to give them some cash. At worst, sack up or have your parent(s) sack up and get a loan like every other student in the same financial position.

its not the kids asking for money to live the college lifestyle. its the player asking the coach to help the family that aren't as fortunate. example. player goes to school for free basically. doesn't pay much for rent doesn't pay much for anything at all. His family back home is broke they got bills to pay. player has no disposable income to help his family. Coach likes player. coach decides to help player family out to keep player happy. the moneys not for the player the money is for the family in general

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you're a college student earning no money (since the scholarship players can't even work jobs) and you come from a dirt poor family how is anyone in the family even going to qualify for a loan? Based on promise of future earnings? Doubtful.

And players aren't allowed to receive any other aid from colleges besides the scholarship itself, which covers the college education. The scholarship isn't even binding, if you get cut you're SOL and lose the scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad