Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Maybe but do you not find it odd Hornqvist was traded not that long after Spezza rejected the deal.

Might be, might not. We don't know, anyway Hornqvist isn't that great and we don't know what else would've come with him. Speculation, the fact is we pulled the trigger quickly and got a meh return. Paul is looking good but Chiasson is meh, I understand Dallas is in a win now mode so they paid more but I don't know, that's just me but I think CGY did damn fine for an average dmen

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hamhuis has a NTC though and will only accept a trade to some teams. That will definitely affect his value. Apparently Van had a good offer by Boston but Hamhuis will only go to a legitimate cup contender.

I'm assuming (possibly incorrectly) that Dallas was interested in both, and Hamhuis would have accepted a move to a strong team in Dallas. If Dallas went for Russell at that price, and my assumptions are correct, it means they either placed more value in Russell, or he would have cost more to close the deal.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm assuming (possibly incorrectly) that Dallas was interested in both, and Hamhuis would have accepted a move to a strong team in Dallas. If Dallas went for Russell at that price, and my assumptions are correct, it means they either placed more value in Russell, or he would have cost more to close the deal.

Yea, that is also true.

Dallas may still be on Hamhuis ... we'll see.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
try, sure absolutely, I agree, but Lazar offensively has not shown he's there yet.

I think lately he has been picking it up on offense. I don't really like his hands but I think if you try him with Stone and Smith he could be good. Why not?

Anyway in regards to what I've been saying on Spezza/Russell, not a fan of looking at the past it was just an observation. I think CGY did damn good there.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Pirri for a 6th ... Wow that's a cheap price... Why not keep him instead if you're Florida??

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Pirri for a 6th round pick? What the **** Murray

So we were all over Drouin, but can't spare a 6th for a better young LW?

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
He has been one of the most active one's gms.

Do tell. Are you counting his "pursuit" of Drouin? Or his "active shopping" or Weircoich and Prince? Or that he has "fielded" calls on Smith? Surely to gawd we're not including the "blockbuster" AHL trade?

Results. Matter.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Do tell. Are you counting his "pursuit" of Drouin? Or his "active shopping" or Weircoich and Prince? Or that he has "fielded" calls on Smith? Surely to gawd we're not including the "blockbuster" AHL trade?

Results. Matter.

Maybe he's referring to one of the biggest trades in the NHL this year in the Phaneuf deal?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

Results. Matter.

The going after Drouin the trying to move Wier/Prince just because there is no deal does not mean he is not trying.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I honestly can't believe the Panthers just traded a player that's 0.5PPG this season, and score 20 goals last year for a 6th rounder. What the hell is going on, they just traded a 3rd for Purcell FFS.

That makes just no sense.

And at that price I have to think GM's we're not aware that he was available for such a low return. I mean why not trade Prince for him and give him a shot?? or Wiercioch? or a pick...

Last year the Despres for Lovejoy and this year Pirri for a 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad