Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I thought it was slow start hot finish, or was that his draft year? Ugh it's all a blur now :laugh:

Either way, it's good to see him go down and not skip a beat, being one of the most dominant defensemen in juniors. If he could even be Nick Leddy, that would be fantastic.

He had a very hot start last year. His draft year he started slow but then picked up the pace :)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Nothing yet, other than they have tried some other methods to improve his back injury. I have a chance this evening to talk to Mike Futa, and if I remember, I'll ask. Not sure he will share much, but it's worth a try.

Sad that the kid is hurt but you have to wonder... Did Gabe Vilardi put up an all around dominant season with such a debilitating injury??? how good is this kid really if he actually gets healthy....
I say let the kid rest and recover properly because it looks like our KINGS might have a priceless diamond on their hands..

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Did I miss a pronouncement that tongue-in-cheek commentary is prohibited?

My humblest apologies for the inconvenience I have caused you.
Please dont act dumb.

Your supposed tonge in cheek comment was made twice already.

Sad that the kid is hurt but you have to wonder... Did Gabe Vilardi put up an all around dominant season with such a debilitating injury??? how good is this kid really if he actually gets healthy....
I say let the kid rest and recover properly because it looks like our KINGS might have a priceless diamond on their hands..
For some reason I have a feeling this guy is very injury prone and his career will be injury riddled. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
Kale Clague - Brandon, WHL: 8 GP, 7 G, 10 A, 17 Pts, 8 PIM, +8
Drake Rymsha - Sarnia, OHL: 10 GP, 5 G, 7 A, 12 Pts, 6 PIM, +4
Jaret Anderson-Dolan - Spokane, WHL: 8 GP, 3 G, 7 A, 10 Pts, 4 PIM, -2
Jacob Friend - Owen Sound, OHL: 9 GP, 1 G, 5 A, 6 Pts, 13 PIM, +10
Jacob Moverare - Mississauga, OHL: 8 GP, 0 G, 5 A, 5 Pts, 2 PIM, -7
Markus Phillips - Owen Sound, OHL: 9 GP, 2 G, 3 A, 5 Pts, 6 PIM, +1
Chaz Reddekopp - Victoria, WHL: 5 GP, 2 G, 1 A, 3 Pts, 10 PIM, +4

Matthew Villalta - Sault St. Marie, OHL: 7 GP, 6-0-1, 2.12 GAA, 92.9 SV%, 0 SO

Mikey Eyssimont - St. Cloud State, NCHC: 2 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pts, 2 PIM
Michael Anderson - Minnesota-Duluth, NCHC: 4 GP, 1 G, 1 A, 2 Pts, 2 PIM
Cole Hults - Penn State, Big Ten: 4 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pts, 4 PIM
Steven Johnson - Minnesota, Big Ten: 4 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 Pts, 2 PIM

Reactions: yankeeking

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Nothing yet, other than they have tried some other methods to improve his back injury. I have a chance this evening to talk to Mike Futa, and if I remember, I'll ask. Not sure he will share much, but it's worth a try.

Just an update on Vilardi, and I posted some about this in the Reign thread. Futa said they want to make sure Vilardi is 100% before he goes back to Windsor in juniors. I specifically followed up to ask if he will play this season (re injury), and he said unequivocally yes, so this does not sound long-term. Stated Vilardi was not ready for the NHL this year. He compared him to a dominate, competitive NHL center like Kopitar and believes he will be a star in the NHL. Stated he was the MVP of the Memorial Cup last year (not sure if he actually was or just Kings scouts felt he was). I asked Mr. Futa if he thought Vilardi fell in the draft to to his injury and he said no, just teams have different priorities and lists. He sounded pretty confident we are going to have a star player on our hands.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Please dont act dumb.

Your supposed tonge in cheek comment was made twice already.

For some reason I have a feeling this guy is very injury prone and his career will be injury riddled. I hope I am wrong.

This was multiple injuries to Vilardi in one season so I wouldn't label him injury prone... Also, as Regulate has pointed out, the Kings FO thinks so highly of tiger kid that they're waiting on 100% bill of health before sending him back to Jrs.... kid has that #1 center type body, game and resume...

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This was multiple injuries to Vilardi in one season so I wouldn't label him injury prone... Also, as Regulate has pointed out, the Kings FO thinks so highly of tiger kid that they're waiting on 100% bill of health before sending him back to Jrs.... kid has that #1 center type body, game and resume...
Back injuries can take time and if rushed often lead to secondary injuries and the back problem hanging around (I learned about this from personal experience). It wouldn't surprise me, and yes it's pure conjecture, that all his issues are related to one underlying problem and they felt his junior team didn't manage it correctly.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Clague is unreal. Second-leading-scoring defenseman on the team has 5 points (in 12 games; Clague has played 10).

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
David Quenneville is supposed to be the best offensive blue liner in the WHL right now, but Clague is matching his pace and putting pucks in the net at a ridiculous pace. When Clague fills out he's going to be a real handful.

He does need to clean up his coverage in front of the net, though. If he can develop his defensive awareness close to his offensive awareness, he'll be a top paring guy.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
David Quenneville is supposed to be the best offensive blue liner in the WHL right now, but Clague is matching his pace and putting pucks in the net at a ridiculous pace. When Clague fills out he's going to be a real handful.

He does need to clean up his coverage in front of the net, though. If he can develop his defensive awareness close to his offensive awareness, he'll be a top paring guy.

I been praising Clague for quite some time. I think he ends up a top 3 dman who can develop into top 2. I see him as a 50 point defenseman consistently and is perfect for the modern day NHL offensive defender . Could even score more maybe if Kings keep this offensive system and have success with it

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The problem with Clague isn't his offense, though it's nice to see his points skyrocketing; it's if he learns to defend well enough at the next level to justify his potential production.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The problem with Clague isn't his offense, though it's nice to see his points skyrocketing; it's if he learns to defend well enough at the next level to justify his potential production.
This. Kale tends to lose track of what is going on around him and focus on the puck too much in the defensive end, if he can figure that out he'll be a good one. From that standpoint, the Kings are one of the best organizations he could be with. No doubt things he needs to improve on were made clear after camps.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Michael Anderson ; the youngest defenseman to lead the USHL in scoring for defenseman has 6 points in 6 games as an 18 year old in the NCAA. Pretty impressive .

Vilardi
Villalta
JAD
Anderson
Rymsha
I'm liking our 2017 NHL draft so far

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
So do I look like I don't know what I'm talking about now ?

Clague got his 24th point tonight with 3 more assists in his 11th game

I been praising Clague for quite some time. I think he ends up a top 3 dman who can develop into top 2. I see him as a 50 point defenseman consistently and is perfect for the modern day NHL offensive defender . Could even score more maybe if Kings keep this offensive system and have success with it

That's...not...a...superstar.

No one is arguing he doesn't have good potential, but to say he's all of a sudden on pace to become a superstar is a little over ambitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad