Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I’d love for that poster to provide us with a list of superstars in the NHL, then explain how the f*** Clague would fit into that list.

If he was a “superstar” then he would’ve been considered the best defenseman in the WHL, which he is not. He was 25th in scoring among WHL dmen last season. He’s currently 13th among WHL dmen in scoring.

I’d be happy if he turned out to be another Mathieu Schneider or Alec Martinez. Y’know, big name superstars.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
If he was a “superstar” then he would’ve been considered the best defenseman in the WHL, which he is not. He was 25th in scoring among WHL dmen last season. He’s currently 13th among WHL dmen in scoring.
Not saying he will be a ''superstar'' but if you come up with points, its better to give the right information...

He missed a truckload of last season. He was 11th in scoring last season (PPG) and leads all defensemen this season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can't even remember the last time we had an elite points producer from the back end--Doughty before he became well-rounded and Visnovsky come to mind. If Clague could channel Visnovsky, that would be heavenly.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Bro. Clague will not be a superstar. Grow up.

His trajectory is that of a solid, offensive-minded D-man. Let's get a grip.

I think a lot of you need to get your heads out your assess and grow up. It's an opinion and who's to say it won't happen ? Did Weber,Subban , Josi just fly out the gate no they developed this is his draft + 2 year and if it weren't for injuries he would be noticed more. He was the best defenseman for Canada in WJC. He is perfect for the modern day NHL and I still believe he will develop into a potential gem , steal and super star. Other teams can have super stars with later picks or stars like Palat in the 7th but we can't have 1? Plz why don't u grow up , its my opinion and there's a chance I'm high on the kid. He's 19 read about him he was on the number 1 unit in WJC and in his 16 year old debut year he had 13 in 20 before getting injured . Kid is real good. And I think this year more ppl will be singing the same tune. You guys sound just as old and ignorant like Sutter. Try to think more conscious or open minded . Stop following the crowd buddy.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don’t think you could tell the difference between a good player and a superstar. And please, don’t compare Clague to Weber. Clague has a long way to go. He looked nervous in the preseason and got crushed pretty hard as well. For all we know, he could be the next Thomas Hickey. You know, a real superstar who went fourth overall.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I don’t think you could tell the difference between a good player and a superstar. And please, don’t compare Clague to Weber. Clague has a long way to go. He looked nervous in the preseason and got crushed pretty hard as well. For all we know, he could be the next Thomas Hickey. You know, a real superstar who went fourth overall.

When I say superstar I don't mean someone like a Crosby or Doughty or Weber I just said Weber didn't become who he is right away , can Clague develop into a Weber like dman sure will he ? I don't know but I have my opinion that I think Clague will end up being better than Muzzin and Martinez and become our 2nd best dman behind Doughty.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
When I say superstar I don't mean someone like a Crosby or Doughty or Weber I just said Weber didn't become who he is right away , can Clague develop into a Weber like dman sure will he ? I don't know but I have my opinion that I think Clague will end up being better than Muzzin and Martinez and become our 2nd best dman behind Doughty.

Maybe it's semantics then, but that doesn't sound like a superstar.

I do think he can be a good top 4 defenseman, but there's very little to support a superstar claim.

A VERY ambitious projection would be like Duncan Keith, and I wouldn't even call him a superstar.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I can't even remember the last time we had an elite points producer from the back end--Doughty before he became well-rounded and Visnovsky come to mind. If Clague could channel Visnovsky, that would be heavenly.

I’d be doing cartwheels if he was anything like Visnovsky. He was so damn smooth and skilled, and he was one of the lone Kings during that period who gave his all.

Clague is someone who probably won’t even enter the radar for another three years though, as he’ll be in the WHL again next season, then will very likely spend another year or two in Ontario.

If he was a “superstar,” he’d already be in the NHL.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I’d be doing cartwheels if he was anything like Visnovsky. He was so damn smooth and skilled, and he was one of the lone Kings during that period who gave his all.

Clague is someone who probably won’t even enter the radar for another three years though, as he’ll be in the WHL again next season, then will very likely spend another year or two in Ontario.

If he was a “superstar,” he’d already be in the NHL.

Visnovsky might be a good comparison. We'll have to see how it plays out. He'll be on Team Canada in the U20 tourney, and he will be 20 years old in June, so I expect him to be playing in ONT in Oct of 2018. I doubt a player of his caliber goes back to Juniors.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Visnosvsky was 24 already when the Kings drafted him, is smaller and had a better shot.

Yes both offensive defensemen, but I dont see the comparison.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Honestly, I'd be happy if Clague developed into Thomas Hickey. Smart #4 or #5. Not sure what all this "superstar" talk is about.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Another goal and assist for Clague tonight . Now up to 14 points in 6 games .

Keep it up kid ! 85 points and we Gucci

Leads all defensemen in scoring in tbe WHL despite only playing 6 games so far. Many have played as much as 8.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No way he can keep that pace up, right?

What are some crazy junior dman point finishes in comparison?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
No way he can keep that pace up, right?

What are some crazy junior dman point finishes in comparison?

This is only in the WHL, but the highest single season record was by Troy Mick for the Portland Winterhawks in the 1987-88 season with 147 points. Obviously a different era and the only recent player that I found was someone named Connor Hobbs with the Regina Pats last season with 85 points, a 5th round pick of the washington capitals in 2015.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Clague got off to a hot start last season too if I recall correctly.

I thought it was slow start hot finish, or was that his draft year? Ugh it's all a blur now :laugh:

Either way, it's good to see him go down and not skip a beat, being one of the most dominant defensemen in juniors. If he could even be Nick Leddy, that would be fantastic.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Believe he had something like 14 points in his first 7 games last year also. Could be mistaken though, but something close to or around that.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Gabriel Vilardi is an all around stud (current injuries aside). He dominates the puck, can score, assist, defend...etc. He will help lessen the load from Kopi and in time replace him as the 1C... He is in the mold of Anze Kopitar/Jason Spezza down to a Ryan Getzlaf type player ( gosh It hurt typing the name of the Vagina from Regina!!!) lol
Kale Clague has really taken over as the man for the BWK, but he is not a superstar in the making but will be very, very good...think Dan Boyle/Kimmo Timonen heck maybe even Atlanta Thrashers version of Tobias Enstrom at worse
Michael Amadio is our future 3C with 2C potential if those preseason games showed us anything about the kid. Smart, professional, hard working, talented..etc thats how people describe the 20-21 YO kid, i'm on record as saying he will force his way up to the Kings before the AS break because he is that good. He's like a ninja, he doesn't stand out until you realize he was responsible for key plays throughout the game...GW's, defensive stops, PK, and the rest.... He has Patrice Bergeron quality...need i say more
Jaret Anderson-Dolan is an intriguing player from the stand point that much of the projections being made could change dramatically considering his age (I would throw Vilardi into that convo as well). He's fast, creative, relentless, defensively responsible and is only getting better... Think along the lines of Ryan Kesler to Andy McDonald as his current range in player comparison
these are my top 4 prospects in order..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->