Injury Report: 2015-16 Injury Report Thread | Robidas Island gets Matt Hunwick (Shutdown w/Hernia)

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
You Been Robidazed.

Had a feeling he was done. After trade deadline this will open up opportunities for more Marlies ( or dead weight coming back in trades :(

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
... how did Lupul get a sports hernia? like ... he's not been around for so long I forgot. did he get hit hard or something?

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Not a surprise that both guys are done for the year. Luckily for Lupul he will have a chance to rebound over the course of his contract here, since we're rebuilding and are looking to ship out vets for picks and prospects. If it's another injury riddled season next year, you have to wonder if he considers retirement.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
JVR should be able to come back this season, but shutting him, just means more for the tank.

Why not shut down Bozak too?

I do hope this is all worth it.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
As would I. I wonder if they give Nylander a small taste of the NHL to motivate him for next season.

I would like to see many Marlies get a taste, just so they know what it takes, against teams, who may be vying for something, even if not, the true NHLers on other teams, will show then what is meant by "get stronger, get faster"

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
JVR should be able to come back this season, but shutting him, just means more for the tank.

Why not shut down Bozak too?

I do hope this is all worth it.

He is still on crutches and in a walking boot according to media. Even if it takes him another month before he is ready, what's the point of him suiting up for 5 games or so?

Mad Brills*

JVR should be healthy enough to play in a month, but they'll be only 10 games left so why risk it.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
This article has some good info on Cowan's injuries (even though it's titled about his contract):

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jared-cowens-contract-quirk-an-asset-for-maple-leafs/

Sorry if it's been posted. I'm on my phone so can't quote.

Interesting that he's been basically playing injured for a couple seasons. Makes sense though. Ottawa doesn't really have the resources to just let a guy sit.

Sounds like Toronto is going to give him time to heal properly, and rehab him before making the decision to move him in the summer. Some interesting quotes from Babs.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I believe this could signal Loov going back to the Marlies (they play today) and Cowen playing Saturday.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 27s27 seconds ago
The #leafs have activated Jared Cowen from injured reserve.

Trade is coming :laugh:

Pholus

May 23, 2014

I believe this could signal Loov going back to the Marlies (they play today) and Cowen playing Saturday.

Not too sure how emergency recalls work, but Loov was brought up to play for Hunwick. Could Loov be staying up and Percy be the guy going back down?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
... how did Lupul get a sports hernia? like ... he's not been around for so long I forgot. did he get hit hard or something?

he bent over to pick up his pay check

Sweet Lou dropped it at his feet

and Kyles analytics predicted the inevitable out come.:naughty:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

has joffrey lupul played his last game for the maple leafs?

Could be.

the belief around lupul is that when the leafs shut him down for the season the other day, they essentially shut him down for the final two years of his contract in toronto.

The leafs won’t, apparently, buy out the $9 million owing to lupul, but may end up making him disappear in the ‘nudge, nudge, wink’ manner in which stephane robidas remains on the leafs roster, but is nowhere to be found outside of minor hockey rinks in quebec this season.

(numerous calls to robidas of late have gone unreturned.)

this is what the leafs do now with lou lamoriello as general manager. Players suddenly are gone, the way the injured robidas was pushed out and jared cowen was waived before playing a single shift with the leafs. You’re here and then you’re not. Just like that. Lou the magician.

Lupul had been a terrific performer for the leafs, an all-star scoring 103 points in his first 110 games in toronto. But in his last 170 games, with so many lost to injury, he has scored at 38-point pace: This season struggling at 25-point pace.

The end is coming for a still-young 32-year-old lupul, if it wasn’t come already as a maple leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad