League News: 2015-16 Around the League VI (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Indeed. Won't happen, though, since the Chicago Circumventers are League darlings.
Well, Keith himself has already been suspended twice during the recent seasons, not even counting his unpunished antics like blindsider on Cooke and multiple spears. Of course it won't be 25 games, but I'm sure the NHL won't give him 1 game, like the last time.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Pro tip for everyone: never say anything that could potentially incriminate you or make you look bad in an email. If you have to talk **** about anybody do it in person or in a phone call.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Keith should easily get double digits but I doubt he even gets a phone call. Which leads into…

Calling Campbell the Milbury of the NHL front office is spot on. Very little people actually like him, and no one can explain how he still has his job. Absolutely disgusting he still has a job in the NHL. Very interesting to see volume and type of interactions between Dreger/Bobby Mac and the league.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Keith should easily get double digits but I doubt he even gets a phone call. Which leads into…

Calling Campbell the Milbury of the NHL front office is spot on. Very little people actually like him, and no one can explain how he still has his job. Absolutely disgusting he still has a job in the NHL. Very interesting to see volume and type of interactions between Dreger/Bobby Mac and the league.

Sounds like an in-person hearing, per NHL.com

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pro tip for everyone: never say anything that could potentially incriminate you or make you look bad in an email. If you have to talk **** about anybody do it in person or in a phone call.

I don't even want to read my own emails nevermind a bunch of leaked crap. Can anyone summarize the important parts?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
basically bob mckenzie tried to convince nhl to suspend players: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778992-NHL0031593.html

colin cambell on ovechkin/brashear https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778983-NHL0028532.html

will post more after reading more

Pretty much confirming the suspicions of every fan who's been accused of paranoia when it comes to league officials and the media. They're gossipy, petty, judgmental people with biases...same as the people WE work with:laugh:. They're not rule-spewing robots programmed for complete professionalism and neutrality.

So, yes, player X's reputation matters. Player Y may not be liked by a certain NHL employee. Repercussions other than what's right in front of us are taken into consideration. And it's all discussed with the offhanded candor of any other group of guys talking **** about someone around the water cooler.

Shocking.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder what the players or their union think about league officials being (apparently) directly influenced by media members....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
now we know why caps havent won, mckenzie hates us :laugh:

The Brash thing pisses me off, actually. At the time many Caps fans thought the number of games was outrageous, particularly in the playoffs. Now we know why.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
Reading some that makes the NHL seem like some youth league. I know there is an inherent bias for w/e reason but I was hoping it wouldn't be so...overt.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Interesting to know BMac decides suspensions.

That Brashear hit while late was not unlike the countless other late hits we see every playoffs. That was not a deliberate attempt to injure IMO. It was just brute force.

Our series vs the Islanders, I think it was game 5 or 6, was a parade of late hits led by their mule kicker Clutterbuck and fellow line punks.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The Simmonds hit on Nick tonight was similar to the Brash hit on Betts. Open ice, late hit.

Are we going to suspend him lol

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
BMac is a jerk. I remember him ripping into Ovechkin on Vancouver sports radio about seven years ago. Really mean spirited diatribe. Ray Ferraro is just as bad.

The Canadian hockey mafia...I mean media is pathetic.

Good thing I believe in ultimate justice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->