WC: 2015 — Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceonfire*

Hall-Crosby-Eberle

Unreal.

If NHLers go to the next Olympics there is the 1st line.

Hall-Crosby-Eberle
Benn-Giroux-Seguin

Good luck topping that.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Hall-Crosby-Eberle

Unreal.

Hall-Crosby-Eberle
Benn-Giroux-Seguin

Good luck topping that.

McDavid would be 21, could be the best in the world by then. Could be a historically strong center group.

If the NHL goes to the next Olympics Canada has the potential to put together yet another incredible roster.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wonder if McLellan goes back to the lines that were working the three games before, or stays with the shake up that started about 1/2 way through the game and seemed to kick start the comeback.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I wonder if McLellan goes back to the lines that were working the three games before, or stays with the shake up that started about 1/2 way through the game and seemed to kick start the comeback.

Maybe a bit of both, I think he has to keep the Oilers with Crosby, they seemed to be a natural fit.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
2018 Olympics..McDavid, Crosby, Giroux, Hall, Seguin, MacKinnon, Benn, Eberle, Nash, Toews, Getzlaf, Perry etc and it goes on and on. Unreal depth

Ekblad, Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Keith, Subban, Vlasic

Price.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe a bit of both, I think he has to keep the Oilers with Crosby, they seemed to be a natural fit.

Spezza is good on the PP where he can be a calming influence but I think the Edmonton guys are better at keeping pace with Crosby's torrid work ethic.

MacKinnon seems to be the only power forward we have. ;)

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Spezza is good on the PP where he can be a calming influence but I think the Edmonton guys are better at keeping pace with Crosby's torrid work ethic.

MacKinnon seems to be the only power forward we have. ;)

Yeah, that line makes sense on paper, and it worked today. The problem with Spezza and Crosby together is they are more likely to be guilty of over-passing the puck. I don't expect to see Hall and Eberle pass on too many chances. I think you also want Spezza with guys who will shoot more than Crosby will.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Hall-Crosby-Eberle

Unreal.

Hall-Crosby-Eberle
Benn-Giroux-Seguin

Good luck topping that.
As an oiler fan, i think there will be a better player available than Eberle at the next olympics. Faster guys like Mackinnon, Duchene and even younger guys like McDavid will be filling the wings. And then you have our C depth which is just insane with Johansen, Toews, Tavares and Getzlaf. And as an oiler fan, i think rnh is easily better than Eberle.

There are just bigger and faster guys available.

Aceonfire*

Hall / Crosby / Perry
Benn / Giroux / Seguin

done ;)

I would rather Nash/Marleau-Getzlaf-Perry as the 3rd line.

Then maybe Johansen-Toews-Bergeron as the 4th line.

As an oiler fan, i think there will be a better player available than Eberle at the next olympics. Faster guys like Mackinnon, Duchene and even younger guys like McDavid will be filling the wings. And then you have our C depth which is just insane with Johansen, Toews, Tavares and Getzlaf. And as an oiler fan, i think rnh is easily better than Eberle.

There are just bigger and faster guys available.

How many of those are natural RWs though? Right now on the larger ice Eberle is out performing Seguin.

He has consistently shown that he can perform internationally. This is why Spezza and MacKinnon were bumped down from Crosby's line. Eberle can play with anyone and gel quickly and that is a advantage.

I agree that he will likely not make the team but I think he would be one of the better players if put with Crosby and Hall.

Tyjo

Oct 3, 2012
I would rather Nash/Marleau-Getzlaf-Perry as the 3rd line.

Then maybe Johansen-Toews-Bergeron as the 4th line.

How many of those are natural RWs though? Right now on the larger ice Eberle is out performing Seguin.

He has consistently shown that he can perform internationally. This is why Spezza and MacKinnon were bumped down from Crosby's line. Eberle can play with anyone and gel quickly and that is a advantage.

I agree that he will likely not make the team but I think he would be one of the better players if put with Crosby and Hall.

It's so strange to hear people talking about Hall being Crosby's LW for next Olympics now. A mere week ago, some people outside of Edmonton was calling Hall overrated and oil fans were delusional.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's so strange to hear people talking about Hall being Crosby's LW for next Olympics now. A mere week ago, some people outside of Edmonton was calling Hall overrated and oil fans were delusional.

To be fair, whoever is playing on Crosby's wing in this tournament will be talked about being his LW for the next Olympics.

Remember Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron at the WJCs?

People still bring that up.

Aceonfire*

To be fair, whoever is playing on Crosby's wing in this tournament will be talked about being his LW for the next Olympics.

Remember Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron at the WJCs?

People still bring that up.

I hate to say it but Crosby is team Canada, they build the team around him.

Gotta wonder how McDavid will equate into that in the future

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I hate to say it but Crosby is team Canada, they build the team around him.

Gotta wonder how McDavid will equate into that in the future

Crosby is just part of it. Canada builds their offense around their insane center depth - Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, and Tavares. They roll four lines and dare opponents to try and focus on shutting down the top-6.

Aceonfire*

This is a high risk trade for both sides as they are both in the Pacific.

Does San Jose want to rebuild?

And do the Oilers want to face Draisaitl for the next decade+?

Aceonfire*

This is a high risk trade for both sides as they are both in the Pacific.

Does San Jose want to rebuild?

And do the Oilers want to face Draisaitl for the next decade+?

Wrong thread. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't edit anymore. :cry:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hall should have been in the last Olympics. It was a massive mistake to leave him off. Hes just proving that now

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hall should have been in the last Olympics. It was a massive mistake to leave him off. Hes just proving that now

I really don't think it was that massive.

image.jpg

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Considering that Team Canada was maybe the best team ever assembled, I'd say they did just fine and I wouldn't call it a mistake at all. They seemed to know what they were doing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Considering that Team Canada was maybe the best team ever assembled, I'd say they did just fine and I wouldn't call it a mistake at all. They seemed to know what they were doing.

To be honest, I don't think we had the same kind of competition as previous incarnations of Team Canada.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
2018 Olympics:

Hall - Crosby - Eberle
Benn - Tavares - Seguin
Giroux - Stamkos - Toews
MacKinnon - McDavid - Duchene

Pietrangelo - Doughty
Subban - Ekblad
Day - Chychrun

Price
Dubnyk