WC: 2015 — Tickets, accommodations, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The games you want to see will cost you the right arm and the left leg(compared to previous WCs even the ones in Finland and Sweden). Cheapest seat for the final game 500 Euro. I'm not paying it. I prefer spending it on the best beer in the world in a good pivnice in Prague. And that's a lot of beer!

I d do the same, Na sdarovie!

No1

Jun 17, 2007
Vancouver
I just found out I will be in Prague for the finals.

Does anyone know where I would be able to buy secondary market tickets to the finals?
I would like to go if Canada makes it (even though the price is pretty ridiculous).

It looks like all the lower bowl are sold out on the main site.

hemskysuncle

Nov 2, 2007
Anyone have info on meeting the players at all? wanted to get my son to meet TC but can't find anything. Are they all holed up the whole time or what? :)
By the way, as someone that is used to a Canadian salary, but currently makes a Czech one - any game above 500 kc per ticket is an expensive one. League games here sell for about 120 kc (about 7 bucks). So they aren't at all cheap....especially secondary market prices...

hemskysuncle

Nov 2, 2007
oh and maybe a point on "sports bars"...there aren't really any really good ones here, in my opinion but there is one on Jungmannovo Namesti called Hockeyka...never been there but i guess they like hockey there. :) Jagr used to have a great bar here for this kind of stuff but its long gone, sadly. My suggestion is, if you want familiar food, high prices and english everywhere, check one of the irish pubs around the centre. If not, find any pub that shows "Dnes - MS CZ v LT" for example...its probably in 80 percent of all pubs. there is also a pub in Prague 5 called Nagano 98 (obvious reference) that I believe has quite a large screen ...or used to.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Anyone have info on meeting the players at all? wanted to get my son to meet TC but can't find anything. Are they all holed up the whole time or what? :)
By the way, as someone that is used to a Canadian salary, but currently makes a Czech one - any game above 500 kc per ticket is an expensive one. League games here sell for about 120 kc (about 7 bucks). So they aren't at all cheap....especially secondary market prices...

Not locked up. But getting to them will be difficult. Security is tight

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
oh and maybe a point on "sports bars"...there aren't really any really good ones here, in my opinion but there is one on Jungmannovo Namesti called Hockeyka...never been there but i guess they like hockey there. :) Jagr used to have a great bar here for this kind of stuff but its long gone, sadly. My suggestion is, if you want familiar food, high prices and english everywhere, check one of the irish pubs around the centre. If not, find any pub that shows "Dnes - MS CZ v LT" for example...its probably in 80 percent of all pubs. there is also a pub in Prague 5 called Nagano 98 (obvious reference) that I believe has quite a large screen ...or used to.

Hockeyka no longer exists. There is ordinary bar instead of it (with big Tv). Btw. i checked web yesterday and tickets for final are probably still available for around 7500Kc,i.e. 350 bucks.Does not seem to me that much.Not for my level but definetely acceptable.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The pricing is mostly targetted at well-to-do (hockey) tourists, not regular hockey fans. It's the price to pay for free market economy – only the wealthiest folks can afford the finest products. Tickets for Stanley Cup finals can cost thousands of dollars. When you watch highlights from World Championships finals in Prague exactly 30 years ago, in 1985, when Czechoslovakia won gold, the stands were full of regular folks. That will never happen again, unless the Communist regime is (heaven forbid) re-installed in Europe. ;)

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
The games you want to see will cost you the right arm and the left leg(compared to previous WCs even the ones in Finland and Sweden). Cheapest seat for the final game 500 Euro. I'm not paying it. I prefer spending it on the best beer in the world in a good pivnice in Prague. And that's a lot of beer!

The price aint true. Cheapest seats were announec for 100 euro +- (which still aint cheap) and in the end it was/ will be more. 500 euro for bad seat is usual price from "black" market.

But the beer analogy has some flaws too :) You wont find truly best beer in sportsbars so you must segregate beer from hockey. I prefer to drink average czech beer at sportbar and worlds truly best in specialized "pivnice" - beer from small czech and german breweries (some Belgiums maybe too) which is good only for a week - you must either drink it in that week (few days) or dump it afterwatds.

Pragues problem are "tourist-traps" - bars having average quality big screen TVs and average beer for overcharged price.

I think best solution for a normal hockey fan from all over the world with average income is to go to "fan-zone" by O2 arena - big screens, average beer from kiosks and you can bring what you want (so you can buy, bring and drink some of the better beers). Atmoshpere there is very good too.

But hey - 500 euro means +- 400-450 0,5l beers in most of the Pragues pubs :naughty:

HockeyCF

Oct 2, 2014
Vienna
Damn

Got Tickets for the 2nd Quarterfinal in Prague at 16:15 local time. Thought its gonna be the B2 vs A3. Turns out it's A1 vs B4. Was it always supposed to be this way or did they switch games so the Czechs would play the evening session.

If i want to see the Winner of the Czech-?(Russia) vs Canada vs Belarus game do i have to look for Tickets for Semifinal1 at 15:15 or Semifinal2 at 19:15.

Would loooove to see Russia vs Canada

Last edited:

HockeyCF

Oct 2, 2014
Vienna
Does anyone know the official schedule and which game is gonna be played when and where?

Last edited:

No1

Jun 17, 2007
Vancouver
Got Tickets for the 2nd Quarterfinal in Prague at 16:15 local time. Thought its gonna be the B2 vs A3. Turns out it's A1 vs B4. Was it always supposed to be this way or did they switch games so the Czechs would play the evening session.

If i want to see the Winner of the Czech-?(Russia) vs Canada vs Belarus game do i have to look for Tickets for Semifinal1 at 15:15 or Semifinal2 at 19:15.

Semifinal 2 will be the winners of CAN/BLR + FIN/CZE

HockeyCF

Oct 2, 2014
Vienna
if you stay in Prague DO NOT STAY AT EUPOPULAS hotel--it sucks and the staff are rude

I'm already here for almost a week in Prague and watched a ton of games, staying at a different hotel. Loving the city, the Arena, the food and the overall tournament so far.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Pretty sure there was something in place in advance to ensure the Czechs would be playing in Prague at the better time slot. By the same token, if the Czechs win against the Finns then it's a good bet they will be playing the later semifinal game as well, but if they don't it's hard to say but it's probably set up so that the winner of that will go in the second slot.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I just found out I will be in Prague for the finals.

Does anyone know where I would be able to buy secondary market tickets to the finals?
I would like to go if Canada makes it (even though the price is pretty ridiculous).

It looks like all the lower bowl are sold out on the main site.

Aukro.cz or bazos.cz, but a) it's all in Czech and b) the prices are pretty crazy. I paid 2500 for a Czech-Switzerland ticket that was worth 1300. And that was a cheap opportunity for a group stage game!
Btw: Canada is written "Kanada" in Czech, should you search for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad