2014 WHL Tie Break and Playoff discussion

Hordichuk_24

I like your answer. Still not sure about what the obvious is.. I guess I wasn't the only one noticing about Leipsic. With some of his diving I wonder if he played the victom one too many times and ended up hurting his team. The victom thing seems to be a real reflection of society these days.

The obvious comment was about the sanctions against the Winterhawks for illegal recruiting. Which is the main reason most of the league hates them. Honestly that doesn't bother me that much as I know for a fact they are not the only team guilty of doing that. They were just caught that is the main difference.

In the past I always liked Portland I think it's just this core of players the past 3 or 4 years I can't stand.

As for Leipsic you hit the nail on the head. He isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt because he's cried wolf one too many times. The officials know his game and sometimes they ignore a few things if you catch my drift. And understandably so. It's too bad because he is a talented player and if he just focused on playing rather than all the other B.S. he'd be a lot better off, IMO.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
PG is going to be in tough, again. Losing guys like Bourke and Pochiro are massive blows up front. Plus a guy like Fiddler, who was a total stud for them.

They're losing their top 4 scorers once you throw Klarc Wilson into the mix.

Dont think they will lose Pochiro, he most likely wont stick in the AHL and wil be back as a 20 yr old.

MCnulty tho, if he comes back he could be a great offensive force from the back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Kelowna is going to be the best team next year. Fairly confident by saying that.

I also expect good things from Giants, Thunderbirds, and Wheat Kings.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Dont think they will lose Pochiro, he most likely wont stick in the AHL and wil be back as a 20 yr old.

MCnulty tho, if he comes back he could be a great offensive force from the back.

He's signed....he'll be in the AHL.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I underestimate the OKs this year after they lost a lot of their top talent in the offseason. I won't do the same thing next year.

As long as they have Laxdal they will be OK. I expect guys like Pollock and Eller to take the next step, Mayo should become a legit top pairing WHL defenseman, etc.

I don't think they'll be a 50 win team again but I could see them finishing comfortably in second behind the Hitmen in their division.

London*

I've got a single game seat, aisle seat, section 106, row F, to game 3 OHL vs QMJHL, game 4 WHL vs QMJHL and the semi final.

all at cost, PM me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad