2014 NHL Free Agency...Fizzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEnWHITE4LIFE

Jun 27, 2014
Barrie
I was thinking Lupal/Riemer /2015 2nd and a 2016 3rd? I may be way off but thoughts

Ok I ways dreaming lol so as it stands it's Kadri/ Franson / Reimer for Kane and a pick or prospect

Last edited by a moderator:

kujo31

Aug 18, 2007
Not that it's not a fair deal, I just don't think the jets are desperate to trade him, I know they've been a little unhappy with him but I doubt they'd trade him anything short of another top young forward coming back

TheThrill81*

We don't have a 2015 2nd. LA traded it to get Gaborik.

WendelGartner

May 14, 2014
Not that it's not a fair deal, I just don't think the jets are desperate to trade him, I know they've been a little unhappy with him but I doubt they'd trade him anything short of another top young forward coming back

Rest assured, the Jets would demand Kadri back.

Franson, Reimer, and Kadri for Kane and a prospect or pick

kujo31

Aug 18, 2007
Rest assured, the Jets would demand Kadri back.

Franson, Reimer, and Kadri for Kane and a prospect or pick

Yea like i said they'd want a young forward going back, hmm I'd be very tempted now that we have Nylander but it would be hard to part with Kadri.

A lot of leaf fans complain we don't see our prospects through, and Kadri I think has a lot of good seasons a haead of him, he is a wonderful young player to have but Kane is just more interesting haha I don't know ideally we keep both but if we want Kane thats not going to happen

also I don't think they trade Kane, not soon anyway. Why would they ? really they are far off on #'s so is half of the other 30 teams with young players, remember PK with Montreal. its extremely rare for a young start to be traded this early just cause of a dollar amount

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
They might take Lupul if we made the + something nice. Reimer isn't nice, but it could be a way of getting rid of him. They don't need kadri. They have a better version of him "right now" in Little and Scheifele looking really good. They could take another winger on the 3rd line as well and a top 4 dman.

Lupul and Gardiner maybe? Throw in Leivo and Reimer as well, since having two 25 and under LW's leaves him with nothing but bottom 6 and he isn't one of those

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not that high on E. Kane like some are so I don't think it would be nearly enough for the Jets.

We don't need a winger anyway. Keep the assets for that coveted center or even top defender.

People cry and moan about not having a top center or defender but then throw assets away for top wingers.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I wouldn't trade Kadri. We are weak down the middle and we trade our blossoming young, homegrown centre? He was in the same draft as Kane and provides almost the same impact on the game...

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I offered Peter Holland + Stu Percy + 1st rounder for him.

It's fair but Jets fans needed more for some reason. Delusional bunch!

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Is this the Islanders of 2014-2015 ?

F.NIELSON - TAVAREZ - OKPOPSO
GRABNER - GRABOVSKI - KULEMIN
B.NELSON - A.LEE - J.BAILEY
C.CONACHER - CIZIKAS - CLUTTERBUCK

VISNOVSKY - HAMONIC
T.HICKEY - R.MARTINEK
DE HAAN - M.CARKNER

HALAK
C.JOHNSON

xtras:
C.MACDONALD
M.DONOVAN
TJ BRENNAN

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Trade Schenn for JVR

Trade Reimer + Franson for Schenn

Trade Schenn for Evander Kane

Profit

:laugh: If only...

VISNOVSKY - HAMONIC
T.HICKEY - R.MARTINEK
DE HAAN - M.CARKNER

HALAK
C.JOHNSON

xtras:
C.MACDONALD
M.DONOVAN

I bet Colin MacDonald will be in that bottom six, probably at the expense of Conacher.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
no, but gardiner ,lupul, connor brown might work.

kane wants out

You have to know that brown is looked at by us differently than others. He is far from a sure thing for the NHL. As far as Kane wanting out, well, too bad. He has 4 years left on his contract.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Can't say I'd like many of our proposals in here for Kane if I were a Jets fan. :laugh:

Don't think Kane is the guy we should be targeting to be honest, unless he can play centre. He'll likely net some good assets.

Last edited:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

VISNOVSKY - HAMONIC
T.HICKEY - R.MARTINEK