GDT: 2014 Alumni Game

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
We have the first waved-off goal in Alumni Game history... it was kicked in. John said it was being reviewed by two guys at Bojangles in Holly Springs. :laugh:

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Cool moment as all of the alumni were on the ice for a shift. Needless to say, the play was considerably faster than it has been most of the game. :laugh:

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Before leaving, I discovered that I have the same phone as the greatest play-by-play guy in the world. Clearly, I am doing something right in my life.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I can't believe you didn't mention Tripp's injury in the second period -- which was, in all likelihood, a groin injury.

Hope he's ok. He was clearly suffering in the third.

--hank

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I can't believe you didn't mention Tripp's injury in the second period -- which was, in all likelihood, a groin injury.

--hank

A timeout should have been called at some point. The team was clearly rattled to see him in pain out there.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC

I thought that "lower-body injury" was a joke... obviously, it wasn't. Will we need a replacement in the booth for the final week of the season? :laugh:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I was #24 in white. Tripp robbed me blind with a 2 pad stack. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
That's awesome, wish you had been more vocal about it, maybe more of us would have shown up. I could have told people "I post on the same message board as that guy."

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
if chad is in that game next year i will definitely pay to play because i want to prove once and for all that he is bad at ice hockey sport

worth every penny

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He robbed me a few times. My takeaway from the player interactions was that Brett Hedican is the nicest guy in the world. Just seemed so genuinely happy to be there. Not that the other guys didn't but he just stuck out in that regard.

Hey Joe, you back-check like Ovechkin!

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Hey Joe, you back-check like Ovechkin!

You're on the Canes board now. The correct assessment is that I back check like Eric Staal. I could have just stopped moving entirely like Battaglia and I wouldn't have even been in the picture.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So I was hoping to DVR tonight's game in case there was some footage of the Alumni game but Rangers games get blacked out in my neck of the woods. Would any of you fine NC residents be willing/able to DVR tonight's game (and pre game show ideally)and send me a copy?

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
You're on the Canes board now. The correct assessment is that I back check like Eric Staal. I could have just stopped moving entirely like Battaglia and I wouldn't have even been in the picture.

haha... I noticed that fine 'Eric Staal like' back checking there, and now passing the buck to Skinner (even back checking worse) ha. must have been a nice experience...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad