Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals VIII - The Road to Tradelemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
TM knows what he's doing. Trading his #1G for Lindback should guarantee the Sabres McDavid/Eichel.

EDM is only 4 points ahead and Hall is out for the next 6 weeks. Tank move had to be made.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not if Edmonton outsucks them. Then they get Hannifin.

That's the ideal scenario. They missed out on Ekblad last year and now they miss out on Eichel and McDavid.

That would take Edmonton outsucking them AND someone above them in standings winning the lottery

It's very unlikely now that Buffalo has Lindback, no way does Edmonton outsuck them

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I am always amazed at how a GM says they aren't thinking about trading player "x" and then the next day they get traded. IMO, I like this trade for the Jets, they get a solid d and some good prospects while unloading injury prone players in Kane and Bogo. It will be interesting to see how Kane adapts to his new team, hopefully it works out for Buffalo.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
TM knows what he's doing. Trading his #1G for Lindback should guarantee the Sabres McDavid/Eichel.

EDM is only 4 points ahead and Hall is out for the next 6 weeks. Tank move had to be made.

Bingo.

Also,

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 2m2 minutes ago

I had a chance meeting with Enroth walking out of FNC today. He did not want to speak on record but I can tell you he def wanted to stay.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Which rarely happens.

Dear Buffalo, I hope you enjoy a cavalcade of goalies that aren't very good while T. Murray tries to find a starter.

Neurvith is not good. Lindback is even worse. The market for FA goalies this summer is awful.

You create a culture of losing and you'll never get your players out from it. Buffalo is on its way to being Edmonton East because outright losing like this over this season and next is no way to develop a team.

Goaltending is certainly an issue, but it's not like Enroth was the answer. In terms of their young players, Buffalo has had way more high picks in the last few years than Edmonton did.

Edmonton had 3 straight 1st overall picks but they didn't stockpile picks like Buffalo has. The Oilers depth at pretty well every position is pretty bad, with the amount of young prospects Buffalo will have, they should be able to avoid that problem.

This is Buffalo over the last few years-
The upcoming draft: Top 2 overall & another 1st round pick + two 2nd round picks
2014: 2nd overall + three 2nd round picks
2013: 8th & 16th overall + three 2nd round picks
2012: 12th & 14th overall + one 2nd round pick

That's seven 1st round picks and nine 2nd round picks in 4 years. That insane, and with Murray, a guy known for his drafting, now drafting these players, they will be successful with at least some of these young players. They also have kept some veterans around to help lead the way, so I think their situation is much more promising than Edmonton's was/is.

I think the trade for Kane was a good one, that's a young legitimate scorer who can be put with McDavid/ Eichel for the next long while.
I also think Winnipeg did well for themselves getting pieces to help themselves right now and in the future, and Myers is underrated at this point, seems like everyone thinks he's been a bum since his rookie year but he's a good young player.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Edmonton and Buffalo are so much the envy of the league!

Sounds very sarcastic but that's actually a HF mentality for a lot of people :laugh:

It's great that the NHL is starting to wake up that rewarding perennial losers is not a good thing

It took days for the city to recover from the riots
I thought most thought it was market value and were happy

It was a bit later that the whiners started their smear campaign...

Hockey is a business and Melynk and Murray are driving this team into foreclosure

Forbes says the opposite... This franchise has gained a lot of value since Melnyk took over... Let's stick to hockey talk lol

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Goaltending is certainly an issue, but it's not like Enroth was the answer. In terms of their young players, Buffalo has had way more high picks in the last few years than Edmonton did.

Edmonton had 3 straight 1st overall picks but they didn't stockpile picks like Buffalo has. The Oilers depth at pretty well every position is pretty bad, with the amount of young prospects Buffalo will have, they should be able to avoid that problem.

This is Buffalo over the last few years-
The upcoming draft: Top 2 overall & another 1st round pick + two 2nd round picks
2014: 2nd overall + three 2nd round picks
2013: 8th & 16th overall + three 2nd round picks
2012: 12th & 14th overall + one 2nd round pick

That's seven 1st round picks and nine 2nd round picks in 4 years. That insane, and with Murray, a guy known for his drafting, now drafting these players, they will be successful with at least some of these young players. They also have kept some veterans around to help lead the way, so I think their situation is much more promising than Edmonton's was/is.

I think the trade for Kane was a good one, that's a young legitimate scorer who can be put with McDavid/ Eichel for the next long while.
I also think Winnipeg did well for themselves getting pieces to help themselves right now and in the future, and Myers is underrated at this point, seems like everyone thinks he's been a bum since his rookie year but he's a good young player.

I agree I think both sides did well in this deal. While Buffalo may not have a goalie now they could get one at some point & maybe even Anderson to help stabilize their goaltending in the next yr or so. With Kane out of the way, I wonder if BM goes back to Plan B aquiring Chris Stewart?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Or he will help him straighten out

Or Kane's attitude problems are massively overblown

Or Kane will learn from the ordeal
Yup.
Enroth to Dallas for Lindback and a conditional 3rd...
Just... wow :laugh:
Now thats the most obvious tanking trade ive seen in awhile.

Edmonton and Buffalo are so much the envy of the league!

Sounds very sarcastic but that's actually a HF mentality for a lot of people :laugh:

It's great that the NHL is starting to wake up that rewarding perennial losers is not a good thing
Not envy of the league. Just in a better position then us. We're no more successful then them expect they have loads more potential then our team has. Buffalo that is.

Oilers suck because they can't draft players if they aren't drafting in the top 25. No depth. Sens and Sabres don't have this problem.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Yup.
Now thats the most obvious tanking trade ive seen in awhile.

Not envy of the league. Just in a better position then us. We're no more successful then them expect they have loads more potential then our team has. Buffalo that is.

How are they in a 'better position' than us? Their goal differential is -88. No team in the playoffs have a negative goal differential. Two teams in the West have an even goal differential and aren't in the playoffs.

It will be a long time before Buffalo is close to making the playoffs. Probably 2-3 until they have a CHANCE of sneaking into the post-season. This is only happening if all of their players develop into their projections, which almost never occurs.

Ottawa needs like 2 players and they will be challenging for a playoff spot. Buffalo needs to wait for players to develop and then find the pieces that they are still missing.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Funny how so many are saying that the Oilers can't draft when I remember specifically how so many on here were saying during each draft how great the Oilers were going to be with RNH, Yakopov, Eberle & Hall & signing Schultz. Now it's a different story, now they can't draft? Those guys were all rated very high & at least two of them were rated #1 in their draft yrs & Schultz was supposedly one of the most sought after college UFAs.

It's not that they can't draft well it's that they took the player most had rated as the best player available at the time like Yakopov when they should have maybe traded down & taken a player they may have needed more. Now they are stuck with a guy like Yakopov who has character & work ethic issues & no one else wants him & they are still too small & soft up front. This is an example of taking all skill that has back fired on the team since they have no one to protect these players & at least one of them are constantly injured. An obvious lack of balance on that team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
starcraft-2-lego-siege-tank-o.gif

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Funny how so many are saying that the Oilers can't draft when I remember specifically how so many on here were saying during each draft how great the Oilers were going to be with RNH, Yakopov, Eberle & Hall & signing Schultz. Now it's a different story, now they can't draft? Those guys were all rated very high & at least two of them were rated #1 in their draft yrs & Schultz was supposedly one of the most sought after college UFAs.

It's not that they can't draft well it's that they took the player most had rated as the best player available at the time like Yakopov when they should have maybe traded down & taken a player they may have needed more. Now they are stuck with a guy like Yakopov who has character & work ethic issues & no one else wants him & they are still too small & soft up front. This is an example of taking all skill that has back fired on the team since they have no one to protect these players & at least one of them are constantly injured. An obvious lack of balance on that team.

Show me a Hoffman stone etc playing on their roster and we can agree they draft well. Out of the first round show me.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
How are they in a 'better position' than us? Their goal differential is -88. No team in the playoffs have a negative goal differential. Two teams in the West have an even goal differential and aren't in the playoffs.

It will be a long time before Buffalo is close to making the playoffs. Probably 2-3 until they have a CHANCE of sneaking into the post-season. This is only happening if all of their players develop into their projections, which almost never occurs.

Ottawa needs like 2 players and they will be challenging for a playoff spot. Buffalo needs to wait for players to develop and then find the pieces that they are still missing.

They are closer to winning a Stanley cup. We are closer to making the playoffs.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Funny how so many are saying that the Oilers can't draft ....

It's not that they can't draft well it's that they took the player most had rated as the best player available at the time like Yakopov when they should have maybe traded down & taken a player they may have needed more. Now they are stuck with a guy like Yakopov who has character & work ethic issues & no one else wants him & they are still ...

Doesn't that qualify as "not drafting well"?

The draft isn't about just taking the most skilled player, it's about taking the guy who is going to be the best NHL player - which involves a number of factors in addition to pure skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->