Injury Report: 2014/15 Calgary Flames Injury Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Pure speculation on my part, but to me this sounds like they're seeing if this requires surgery or not. I'm wondering if the delay is that he had an MRI today and tomorrow they're getting a 2nd opinion. Maybe it's one of those things where he could borderline play with it and have surgery in the offseason. Obviously the concern would be his long term health, but they're in the thick of a playoff run and losing a guy like Gio is going to really hurt our chances. Again, total speculation on my part but due to how "behind closed doors" the Flames are being on this I'd say it's potentially quite serious.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Pure speculation on my part, but to me this sounds like they're seeing if this requires surgery or not. I'm wondering if the delay is that he had an MRI today and tomorrow they're getting a 2nd opinion. Maybe it's one of those things where he could borderline play with it and have surgery in the offseason. Obviously the concern would be his long term health, but they're in the thick of a playoff run and losing a guy like Gio is going to really hurt our chances. Again, total speculation on my part but due to how "behind closed doors" the Flames are being on this I'd say it's potentially quite serious.

I think you're on the money here.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So if he's walking normally (according to Woger) and after watching the replay, it looks like either he caught his wrist in a tangle with the stick, or he fell on his shoulder and possibly dislocated it.

Either way, outlook not so good.

I actually think he may of possibly hyperextended his shoulder. Which if I'm not wrong, could mean his rotator cuff? Some are speculating it's his elbow too.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Reason for being so hush hush by the Management is because of the trade deadline IMO. With the deadline being few days away, Gio potentilly going down may put the team in a less favorable trade situation - weaker. The staff knows right now exactly how long he will be out for. I say they wait as much as possible and as close to deadline to disclose injury.

Might be a good thing in terms of severity of the injury.

If that makes sense...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Reason for being so hush hush by the Management is because of the trade deadline IMO. With the deadline being few days away, Gio potentilly going down may put the team in a less favorable trade situation - weaker. The staff knows right now exactly how long he will be out for. I say they wait as much as possible and as close to deadline to disclose injury.

Might be a good thing in terms of severity of the injury.

If that makes sense...

Yup, this is what I was thinking, too.

The bad news on this front is that if they knew it was non-serious, they could disclose that and not hurt their bargaining position. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->