Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Replace Green with Orlov and Hillen with Schmidt and that looks a lot better

I agree.

Orpik Niskanen
Alzner Carlson
Schmidt Orlov
(Bowey)

^ that's a damn fine defensive unit for years to come.

ryan519*

And it's much cheaper when you take off Green's 6.5mil cap hit. Put that money saved toward improving the forward core at the deadline/free agency and we'd be golden. You could trade for/sign one really good forward or two solid forwards with that kind of money

Green would be missed in certain aspects, sure. But I really think it's for the better to move on without him. Give Ovi and Backstrom some help out there

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
And it's much cheaper when you take off Green's 6.5mil cap hit. Put that money saved toward improving the forward core at the deadline/free agency and we'd be golden. You could trade for/sign one really good forward or two solid forwards with that kind of money

Green would be missed in certain aspects, sure. But I really think it's for the better to move on without him. Give Ovi and Backstrom some help out there

I agree. Green has amazing puck and skating skills. But I've never been sold on what he brings overall. He is erratic offensively. He's consistently iffy on defense. He can't compete physically. He has been entertaining and he gave a lot to the team. I've been ready to move on from Green for a good while. I wish him success in the next town. He could definitely help a team win a Cup. It'd have to be the right coach and right team dynamic. I'm thinking Dallas or LA.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I agree.

Orpik Niskanen
Alzner Carlson
Schmidt Orlov
(Bowey)

I definitely don't want a youngster like Bowey sitting around not playing most nights but that top 6 is what I expect to see next season, different top 4 pairings but whatever, and I agree that a very good top 6.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I agree.

Orpik Niskanen
Alzner Carlson
Schmidt Orlov
(Bowey)

Don't forget about Carrick. Also, hopefully Orpik stays at the same level throughout his contract but I'm sure he's going to regress at some point with his style of play.

Apr 6, 2004
Seeing what playing in the 'A' did for Green, Carlson & Alzner I really hope Bowey gets time in Hershey.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Wilson was great tonight

I thought so too. And I like what Wilson brings to the table. He had a couple of nice shifts. A few shots at the goal. I also think he works well as the top line RW for shorts amounts of time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
As easy as the Flyers are to lampoon, they signed a bottom pairing defenseman for a bottom pairing price. Decent, though it doesn't exactly suggest that change is coming to that underwhelming and overpriced defense.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pretty fair contract, something that i didn't expect to say when i saw these news without the details.

Good for them, now they just have 5 overpaid D's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad