League News: 2014-15 Around the League Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah Canada thinks they drive the NHL in profit. NHL Network showed top 20 player jersey sales in the NHL...not one played for a Canadien team.

it is the Canadian hockey media. their main interest in the American teams in the league are the Canadian players on them. I am sure they have no more interest in the Dallas Stars than I have in Ottawa or the Leafs

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wow. That's a little crazy. I would have thought that Price or Subban would have been up there. I imagine if Toronto ever gets a big name superstar, that would all change.

population. fan base size. how many US hockey fans will buy a Price or JVR sweater? How many Canadians buy Toews or Weber or Staal? Meanwhile because hockey is so big there you have customers for Ov and Kane and Crosby and Malkin and Lundqvist up there.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Id prefer a full lineup but thats my opinion. They need rest sure but unless they are really nicked up (Wilson beagle fehr) then they gotta keep the momentum going. And im looking forward to see holtby take a chance at the caps record tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad