League News: 2014-15 Around the League Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ottawa just will not go away. Lol.

If they hold on versus the Rangers and the Isles drop the Pens in regulation tomorrow, it'll force the Pens' fans to cheer for Philly on Saturday. A true Penguin classic! :laugh:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Just looking at the other weiner teams in the East makes you realize that only the Caps and the Rangers are playing top notch hockey right now (yeah, I know, the Senators, but come on, cute story, but when push comes to shove...). Even Montreal and Tampa look pretty lousy right now.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
3-1 Florida now. Boston essentially has 11 minutes to save their season because if they lose in regulation, the Pens will only have to gain one point in 2 games to get in.

Mind you, I don't know the tiebreaker between Detroit and Boston so if Detroit loses to Montreal in regulation it could get dicey for them, as well.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
so now FLA up 3-1 and looking likely

to my way of thinking, we have a decent match up for round 1 ... no chicken counting but whether its the Isles or the Pens, we like our chances

my next line of thinking is giving the toughest opponent possible to the Rags ... how do we do this

who wouldn't the Rags want to play

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

to my way of thinking, we have a decent match up for round 1 ... no chicken counting but whether its the Isles or the Pens, we like our chances

my next line of thinking is giving the toughest opponent possible to the Rags ... how do we do this

I am sure the Rangers wouldn't want to play the Sens. Hot goalie and all that.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010

Unfortunately it was the Bruins (though I don't know, they have BEYOND brutal the last two nights) but they look to be done. Of Detroit and Ottawa...you'd have to go with Detroit, who has more playoff experience and one of the best coaches in the game.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

I'm thinking Ottawa is the tougher out. Just always finds a way to win, and I'd take their goal tending over the rags

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Tampa Bay wins, but they struggled mightily vs the hapless Devils. Both them and Montreal do not look very good right now.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
So I guess it is wide open in terms of who the Caps might play in round 1, other than not NYR?
It's down to either the Isles or Pens. The Caps will be in the Metro 2/3 series, it's just a matter of whether they have home ice or not. Pittsburgh can't catch them for home ice but NYI can.

One more point for Ottawa and they're in. Two more points for Pittsburgh and they're in. Boston needs to beat Tampa Bay Saturday but by that point they might already be out.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
So I guess it is wide open in terms of who the Caps might play in round 1, other than not NYR?

You'd think it would be the Islanders, but @Pit tommorow will be tough, then vs a Columbus team that has been 9-0-1 in their last 10! They could conceivably lose both.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
It's down to either the Isles or Pens. The Caps will be in the Metro 2/3 series, it's just a matter of whether they have home ice or not. Pittsburgh can't catch them for home ice but NYI can.

One more point for Ottawa and they're in. Two more points for Pittsburgh and they're in. Boston needs to beat Tampa Bay Saturday but by that point they might already be out.

Did you see Rangers game tonight? Caps WILL have home ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->