Proposal: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, and Potential Buyouts | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

I would assume if we traded Klein it would be part of a fairly large deal. He's our 3rd D-man and just signed a 5 year extension. Sort of the assumed d-partner for Jones at this point.

Both play the right side. Logically Jones would take Klein's spot.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
The Oilers called the Penguins to see if they were interested in trading Marc-Andre Fleury and the sense is that he isn’t going anywhere.

The Penguins will likely let Pascal Dupuis go to free agency. They could also move James Neal, who would interest the Senators.

Why would Pittsburgh deal James Neal and do you have a link to support your claim? Neil is an important part of their core and signed to a good contract.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I would assume if we traded Klein it would be part of a fairly large deal. He's our 3rd D-man and just signed a 5 year extension. Sort of the assumed d-partner for Jones at this point.

That's a fair assumption. When I say Klein is perfect I mean he fits in with the team we're trying to build and would make me very comfortable about our D next season.

Any idea who Nashville might target on our roster?

ThaShow

Feb 29, 2012
Gatineau
Why would Pittsburgh deal James Neal and do you have a link to support your claim? Neil is an important part of their core and signed to a good contract.

check on google, there's a plenty of articles saying that.
and maybe they want to trade him to make space on the cap... they need to resign Letang who wants apperently 8M per year...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That's a fair assumption. When I say Klein is perfect I mean he fits in with the team we're trying to build and would make me very comfortable about our D next season.

Any idea who Nashville might target on our roster?
Outside of possibly someone like Michalek, I'm not terribly sure. We need offense and Poile's goal was to get a top 4 defenseman and at least one top 6 forward this summer. With Jones now in the fold, the top 4 is probably taken care of. I think Greening would be a really good fit for us on a 3rd line potentially, but in a fairly simple trade IMO.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator

You're citing Garrioch. No one else has even mentioned Neal being on the block.

No offence, but Garrioch is hardly considered reliable. Also, the Pens are fine cap wise next year since Malkin's and Letang's extensions don't kick in until the 2014-15 season. At that point, they'll have to figure out how to fill a roster because they only have 9 players signed with a total cap hit of over $45M. The cap in a couple of years likely will be around $69M, meaning the Pens will only have $24M to fill the rest of their roster.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
MacKenzie tweeting Ballard has been put on conventional waivers, not for buy out purposes(Unconditional waivers is required).

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
why do we need a def ?

Karlsson - Methot
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercoch - Phillips

Gryba the spare

JustBall:

It takes 3 yrs or longer for D-men to develop to play in the NHL.

Defense is just so dam hard to play, very difficult to play the blue line in the NHL................

So figure Ceci will be learning his trade for 3 yrs, then when he gets called up he will be a much better player who knows what he is doing.

Coach Luke and coach SS will develop him slowly, he needs those
2 ½ - 3 yrs to learn his trade..............

John Holmes*

JustBall:

It takes 3 yrs or longer for D-men to develop to play in the NHL.

Defense is just so dam hard to play, very difficult to play the blue line in the NHL................

So figure Ceci will be learning his trade for 3 yrs, then when he gets called up he will be a much better player who knows what he is doing.

Coach Luke and coach SS will develop him slowly, he needs those
2 ½ - 3 yrs to learn his trade..............

The bottom line is that he'll play if / when he is ready.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm all for acquiring one of Klein/Ellis/Blum to be honest. That said Ceci isn't as far away as some of you think. It was mentioned by one of Dorion/Murray (can't remember which) that Ceci was very close to cracking the line-up and they really liked how he looked in the AHL.

ThaShow

Feb 29, 2012
Gatineau
I'm all for acquiring one of Klein/Ellis/Blum to be honest. That said Ceci isn't as far away as some of you think. It was mentioned by one of Dorion/Murray (can't remember which) that Ceci was very close to cracking the line-up and they really liked how he looked in the AHL.

That's what i tought too
They were talking to maybe put him in the line up at the end of this season ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad