GDT: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
You guys are too much. The complaints used to be that Detroit wasn't drafting enough size and focused on skilled, undersized players. Now they go size with just about every player and you're concerned?

To be fair, I'm fine with the last two big kids. At this point (5th and 6th) what's the big deal? You're shooting in the dark and as you mentioned we needed size anyways.

I don't even really mind the first 2nd round pick, I don't know that it was the BPA but the guy seems okay. I like Mantha, I'm suprised a player that good was available.

I'm just going to keep my opinion to myself on the Bertuzzi pick. I don't have a lot of nice things to say about that one.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
You guys are too much. The complaints used to be that Detroit wasn't drafting enough size and focused on skilled, undersized players. Now they go size with just about every player and you're concerned?

It's not the size that counts, it's what they (the prospects) do with it.:naughty:

IMHO, this Wings draft is FUBAR beyond pick #2 for the Wings.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
bertuzzi was just drafted because the wings take care of us fans. big bert is soon retired and we would miss ranting about bertuzzi. now we just can continue. i consider this a gift to us all.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
bertuzzi was just drafted because the wings take care of us fans. big bert is soon retired and we would miss ranting about bertuzzi. now we just can continue. i consider this a gift to us all.

2 more beer and then I might come around to this line of thinking.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I think we're moving back towards a clutch & grab like playing style. The Wings picked up on it and are trying to hit a homerun on 1 of these huge defenceman. That or they just want to mail it in for fun.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

I never said any such thing,i've never agreed with the size obsession some seem to have

give me skill any day,don't paint me as a hypocrite here

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

Ok here is the thing why pick a 28 year old that can't skate? I understand if we drafted the russian coming to our prospect camp cause he actually might have a skill set that could get him to at least the ahl.

Maybe the 6'6" defender could be something in a few years but the majority of our picks look like they have a snowballs chance in hell of ever making the ahl.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I will wait and look at a paper when I go into work tomorrow. I think I am having a flash-back or the govt is testing drugs in the water system again. Everything appears "trippy"

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Size without skill is pointless.

The objective is to get both. Not to get a bunch of huge guys that can't skate or score.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010

I heard tyler will wear #44 too - means we don't need to purchase a new jersey - o that's where the draft is at

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So... I clicked on that Wheaton video. 2nd clip on the sidebar is a fight between Wheaton and McNulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->