Europe:

82 Markus Søberg
86 Mattias Nørstebø
93 Mads Eller
94 Jørgen Karterud
98 Mathias Asperup

----

Did I miss anyone?

Looks like only Bjorkstrand is certain to get drafted. Anyone beyond him would be a bonus. Still, I personally don't expect Bjorkstrand to get drafted before late in the 3rd round at the earliest. From what I've seen of him, he just doesn't strike me as an NHL type player. Also, he's a bit on the short side for the NHL. As one draft guru put it: A short player has to prove he can play in the NHL - a big player has to prove that he can't...

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
If you count Bjorkstrand you should also include the other "half-Dane" Nick Sørensen ;)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
If you count Bjorkstrand you should also include the other "half-Dane" Nick Sørensen ;)

Yeah well about half-danes it depends which half goes our way: Bjørkstrand's half is our side and Nick Sørensen's on the swedish side. Beside this also includes the Norwegian prospects.....we each have three.

I think Bjørkstrand and Markus Søberg is locked for drafting. (Søberg impressed a lot in the U18, so they should give him points enough to be drafted?!): Nørstebo already play in SEL, so he is likely as well as a late pick.

For the other three it is more unlikely. Mads Eller might get lucky Montreal picks him up as a 7'th pick to join Lars? Asperup is a good talent, but probably to small for most team to draft him. Karterud I must confess I don't know anything about.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2013/

This guy is usually completely wrong but it's fun to speculate :D

It has Bjorkstrand going to Montreal at 57. Karterud going to Carolina at 155. And Söberg to Philly at 156. Can't find Nørstebø. Eller is among the "projected undrafted".

Well maybe he reasons that since Montreal has traditionally a lot of small players, they would take Bjørkstrand because he is small :laugh:
Taking Karterud BEFORE Søberg also sounds a bit weird.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Well maybe he reasons that since Montreal has traditionally a lot of small players, they would take Bjørkstrand because he is small :laugh:
Taking Karterud BEFORE Søberg also sounds a bit weird.

My guess is that he's just throwing names out there when it comes to European players. I also find the lack of Nørstebø disturbing...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So we have the draft results:

Oliver Bjørkstrand drafted 3'rd round as number 89 - so equivalent to how Frans Nielsen and Peter Regin were drafted. More or less expected with his current lack of size.
Shame it wasn't 87 - so he would he been the fourth Dane with that draft number.
He was drafted by Columbus. Hope it doesn't go as it did with Kirill Starkov in that club, but with the Finnish takeover maybe that is about to change?!

No other Danes got drafted, but Norway and Latvia each also got 1.
Markus Søberg 6'th round at number 165 and Kristers Gudlevskis 5'th round at number 124.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So we have the draft results:

Oliver Bjørkstrand drafted 3'rd round as number 89 - so equivalent to how Frans Nielsen and Peter Regin were drafted. More or less expected with his current lack of size.
Shame it wasn't 87 - so he would he been the fourth Dane with that draft number.
He was drafted by Columbus. Hope it doesn't go as it did with Kirill Starkov in that club, but with the Finnish takeover maybe that is about to change?!

No other Danes got drafted, but Norway and Latvia each also got 1.
Markus Søberg 6'th round at number 165 and Kristers Gudlevskis 5'th round at number 124.

Really suprised our own Roberts Lipsbergs direct Oliver Bjorkstrands competitor didnt get drafted,i wonder why?
On the other hand suprised Gudļevskis got drafted and especially that high for a goalie,btw hes drafted higher than Artūrs Irbe.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Really suprised our own Roberts Lipsbergs direct Oliver Bjorkstrands competitor didnt get drafted,i wonder why?
On the other hand suprised Gudļevskis got drafted and especially that high for a goalie,btw hes drafted higher than Artūrs Irbe.

I'm a bit surprised that Lipsberg wasn't drafted as well.
Gudlevskis must have gotten the draft based a lot on his WC performance!
Oliver Bjørkstrand also got drafted at the lowest expectations - end of round 3. Not so surprised by the lack of other danish drafted, but still have a little hope that Mads Eller might get an overager draft next year.

Markus Søberg was expected from Norway and funny enough ended up with Columbus as Oliver Bjørkstrand. Nørstebo was probably found to light for the NHL clubs, but might also have a chance for an overager draft next year.

Other draft info that springs to the eye:
Ex-Danish (now Swedish) Nick Sørensen was drafted 2'nd round as #45 by Anaheim.
Sweden again with a colossal 25 drafted players - over 20 each year since 2009. (highest was 28 in 2011).
Czech was as low as 3 and all far down the list (#114, 146, 191); lower than Slovakia and Switzerland with 4 each!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I'm a bit surprised that Lipsberg wasn't drafted as well.
Gudlevskis must have gotten the draft based a lot on his WC performance!
Oliver Bjørkstrand also got drafted at the lowest expectations - end of round 3. Not so surprised by the lack of other danish drafted, but still have a little hope that Mads Eller might get an overager draft next year.

Markus Søberg was expected from Norway and funny enough ended up with Columbus as Oliver Bjørkstrand. Nørstebo was probably found to light for the NHL clubs, but might also have a chance for an overager draft next year.

Other draft info that springs to the eye:
Ex-Danish (now Swedish) Nick Sørensen was drafted 2'nd round as #45 by Anaheim.
Sweden again with a colossal 25 drafted players - over 20 each year since 2009. (highest was 28 in 2011).
Czech was as low as 3 and all far down the list (#114, 146, 191); lower than Slovakia and Switzerland with 4 each!

So what about CHL? It looks like Both Bukarts and Ehlers go to Canada,should be interesting to see how they fare,even if they play in different leagues (WHL and QMJHL) :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So what about CHL? It looks like Both Bukarts and Ehlers go to Canada,should be interesting to see how they fare,even if they play in different leagues (WHL and QMJHL) :laugh:

CHL import draft 2013:
Danes, Latvians & Norwegians in 1'st round:

Nikolaj Ehlers #6 - Halifax Mooseheads (QHJHL)
Rihards Bukarts #7 - Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
Georgijs Golovkovs #30 - Drummondville Voltiguers (QHJHL)
Jørgen Karterud #35 - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
Mads Eller #57 - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

So it seems that Ehlers and Bukarts are shoulder to shoulder again!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
CHL import draft 2013:
Danes, Latvians & Norwegians in 1'st round:

Nikolaj Ehlers #6 - Halifax Mooseheads (QHJHL)
Rihards Bukarts #7 - Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
Georgijs Golovkovs #30 - Drummondville Voltiguers (QHJHL)
Jørgen Karterud #35 - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
Mads Eller #57 - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

So it seems that Ehlers and Bukarts are shoulder to shoulder again!

Do you know anything about that Karterud guy?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nothing, since he plays in Norway, but on the Norwegian prospect thread we were informed this about Karterud:

I have been very impressed by Karterud this year and if he played in a different team his stats would have been very different. His team VÃ¥lerenga had one of the best forward crops in Norwegian hockey ever this season so he has mainly played on the 3rd and 4th line. He is a good skater and he is very strong on the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad