2013-2014 Key year in Jets progression.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Your definition of stubborn seems a little funny.

TNSE is a financially responsible organization who I believe will fulfill the commitments they make to their players. I don't consider that stubborn.

This is a silly discussion to be even having. Pavelec is not going to be bought out. Chevaldayoff is not going to buy out any of the contracts he has signed. Unless he acquires a bad contract, the team will not be cutting loose any of it's players. This amnesty buyout is meant for albatross contracts that teams need to shed for the sole purpose of clearing cap space.

So you'd rather keep around an overpaid goalie that doesn't win us games?

I think Chevy would sooner trade him for scraps honestly, but the possibility is there.

Daddy Longlegs

Aug 6, 2012
No to Luongo. I couldn't want him less. I'm hoping he goes to the leafs. They'll crucify him over there.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Why exactly? He's a better goalie then we currently have. He's a good character guy...and he draws penalties. What's not to like?

I wouldn't give up what it would take to acquire him. If he was waived (not happening) I'd be happy adding him.
Either way no chance Luongo ends up here.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I wouldn't give up what it would take to acquire him. If he was waived (not happening) I'd be happy adding him.
Either way no chance Luongo ends up here.

Oh absolutely. I sincerely doubt that he does, if he did...I would eat my iPhone.

Id be ok with adding him though.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Why exactly? He's a better goalie then we currently have. He's a good character guy...and he draws penalties. What's not to like?

As a person? I'm sure there's lots to dislike (for some... I'm not one of them).

As a goaltender and results? There really isn't anything... just some people will bleed the "as a person" dislike into "as a goaltender"... or think the Canucks playoffs are his fault when they get shutout :shakehead

But, I guess it's as useless as talking about Crosby and Malkin coming to Winnipeg for Antropov... (ok not that bad but you get the idea)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
As a person? I'm sure there's lots to dislike (for some... I'm not one of them).

As a goaltender and results? There really isn't anything... just some people will bleed the "as a person" dislike into "as a goaltender"... or think the Canucks playoffs are his fault when they get shutout :shakehead

But, I guess it's as useless as talking about Crosby and Malkin coming to Winnipeg for Antropov... (ok not that bad but you get the idea)

Yup, i'd love to have luo, but at the cost it would take to get him (especially considering waht they're asking)? Maybe not...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I absolutely HATE Luongo. His attitude, and his willingness to blame others for his failure to rise to the occasion.

I also hate the Canucks so that helps fuel my dislike, but Luongo is one of only a handful of NHL'ers that I would never welcome on the Jets. I would have an extremely hard time cheering for him if he became a Jet. Lucky for me it will never ever ever ever ever happen.

He doesn't want to be here, and the Jets org. has better taste in players than that.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I absolutely HATE Luongo. His attitude, and his willingness to blame others for his failure to rise to the occasion.

I also hate the Canucks so that helps fuel my dislike, but Luongo is one of only a handful of NHL'ers that I would never welcome on the Jets. I would have an extremely hard time cheering for him if he became a Jet. Lucky for me it will never ever ever ever ever happen.

He doesn't want to be here, and the Jets org. has better taste in players than that.

apparently i've missed some commonly known thing, what/who/when did luo do allthis slandering that makes everyone think he's a bad person?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
apparently i've missed some commonly known thing, what/who/when did luo do allthis slandering that makes everyone think he's a bad person?

Who said he slandered anyone?

My opinion of him is based on all the interviews I've seen from him, plus the infamous Tim Thomas incident.

I also never said everyone hates him. You might want to re-read my original post. I fully admit 90% of my hate for Luongo is irrational, but I just can't stand him. Plus he dives, which is annoying as hell.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
sorry, slandering wasn't the right word.

Mostly i was looking for well known quotes/incidents of "blaming others for his failures" and what not. I'm not saying he didn't do that, just that i was unaware of it and would like to know, as I've always quite liked his personality- but i'll admit i never paid a whole lot of attention to the canuks.

I apologize if you've taken my post as an attack, it wasn't meant to be. I legitimately just wanted to know specifics as to what he had done to rub you and others the wrong way. the "everyone" wasn't inferred from your post- it's quite obvious he has a lot of detractors, but mostly assumed it was the whole "clutch" business.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
sorry, slandering wasn't the right word.

Mostly i was looking for well known quotes/incidents of "blaming others for his failures" and what not. I'm not saying he didn't do that, just that i was unaware of it and would like to know, as I've always quite liked his personality- but i'll admit i never paid a whole lot of attention to the canuks.

It's ok, like I said above, most of my Luongo hate is irrational, though there are things to dislike about him (which is why lots of people tend to dislike him).

My hate for Luongo is parallel to Holden's Corey Perry hate, except Holden would accept Perry becoming a Jet. I don't think I could ever accept Luongo being a Jet. That moronic Loooooouuuuu chant would force me to watch games with the sound off :)

PS, sorry I read too much into your post. Problem with posting from work... only paying half attention :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad