2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Vintage Jason Missiaen in net... Ufff. Want to see Skapski tomorrow.

The fact that he's eight and a half feet tall sometimes works against him--his holes are just too big, like on that play. His positioning was okay, but the gap under his armpit is large enough to drive a bus through.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
LMAO pack just gave up a 3 on 1, Albany failed to score on it but this is getting comical.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Missiaen had a pretty good training camp but he's shown a tendency in his pro career to collapse at least at the AHL level. I was actually very surprised the Rangers signed him again. I hope Desjardins isn't out for long or this team could be in some deep ****. Can't get by with shaky goaltending and it hurts player development. Calling LeNeveu and or Grumet-Morris.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
I'd rather have the musician coaching.

Seriously, you get the feeling they are throwing him out there trying to land a head coaching job in the big league someday. Loyal to a fault or delusional.

They're 3-1-1 this season and had a good record last season at the times that they weren't stuck with ECHL caliber goaltending. I don't know what you're expecting.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd rather have the musician coaching.

Seriously, you get the feeling they are throwing him out there trying to land a head coaching job in the big league someday. Loyal to a fault or delusional.

Gernander's had a rather mediocre career as an AHL head coach. That's very unlikely to get him an NHL head coaching job. Perhaps he could make it as an assistant--if he were even interested--somewhere. The thing is that some coaches even when they don't have the parts--or all the parts still get their teams to overachieve and have some kind of success. Hartford's not been one of those teams. When they have a crap team--they play like crap. I think the Rangers management are comfortable with Gernander and what he's doing as uninspiring as it looks to most of us.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Hartford's record last season with Missiaen, Malcolm, or Stajcer in net was 5-16-1. Hartford's record last season with Talbot, Grumet-Morris, or LeNeveu in net was 32-17-5. I'm struggling to figure out what you wanted Ken Gernander to do here.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
They're 3-1-1 this season and had a good record last season at the times that they weren't stuck with ECHL caliber goaltending. I don't know what you're expecting.

His record of graduating prospects into the NHL is lackluster. His teams under perform year in year out. I just don't think he's the best we could get down there.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
His record of graduating prospects into the NHL is lackluster. His teams under perform year in year out. I just don't think he's the best we could get down there.

Exactly.

What do I want to happen under Ken Gernander?

I want the Evgeny Grachevs and Bobby Sanguinettis not to bust.

I want the Danny Kristos and Dylan McIlraths to take the great strides forward they need to make.

I want the the Jesper Fasts and Conor Allens to make the little tweaks they need to make.

I want to see the team play a style that matches that of the parent organization.

I want to see him show the flexibility to develop players who don't play the type of game he played (i.e. anything other than a defensive oriented grinding type).

****, I want him to graduate SOME players for crying out loud. You want to see something depressing? Go back and look at the 6+ years Gernander has coached. Below are the players who've played more than a full season under Gernander that have gone on to have meaningful NHL careers.

2008: no one
2009: Artem Anisimov, career 3rd liner; Lauri Korpikoski, career 3rd liner
2010: Mike Sauer, 2nd pair defensive defenseman
2011: Dale Weise, career 4th liner
2012: no one
2013: no one
2014: no one (so far - and time is running out)

That's IT. Anyone else who cracked the Rangers roster had no more than a cup of coffee or two under Gernander or went straight to the NHL without ever playing for Kenny G. (I'm not counting Paranteau who played his first 5 AHL seasons elsewhere, or Talbot who was a goalie [and is still only a backup], or fringe guys like Corey Potter.)

That's terrifyingly awful.

Last edited:

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Jeeeeeeeeeeeez McIlrath just got beat badly and Albany ties it... Mat Bodie with a boneheaded breakout pass

Connor Allen 2-1 after a sweet jt miller feed

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What of the other guys, Lindberg, Kristo, Mcilrath, Hughes have been awful this weekend, and Missian is what he is, not much.

Haven't seen any of today's game, but everyone looked like **** last night. Haggerty and Fast looked solid, everyone else was blah.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Started watching halfway through the 2nd (darn 5pm starts). Impressions:

Missiaen is horrid at everything other than being big.

Lindberg is much more noticeable this year, but is trying to do too much.

Fast looks good, but still not shooting enough.

Kisto needs to go elsewhere.

Allen and Hughes are the best defensemen this game. Calm and poised.

Bodie has offensive talent but looks overmatched.

Not seeing enough out of the Bourques or Joey Crabb.

Miller and McIlrath have shown flashes, but they're only flashes amongst otherwise pedestrian play.

Haggerty gets himself into good position for the shot, but isn't getting the pass.

Hrivik playing good defense, but not doing much on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad