2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Sloppy game for the pack. Lots of bad penalties in a muck of a game.

One thing I'll give to Keny is that he played the kids a ton. Especially those that are on the cusp. JT got top line minutes in every role, Lindberg with 2nd line minutes. McIlrath seemed like he was out there every other shift, and same with Allen.

Downside to Kenny is that he has them playing along the walls more than anything else. The zone entries are all chip and chase and not the possession hockey played in the big leagues.

Some of that is just all hockey, but they need to be more like grand Rapids and Detroit so the transition is seamless for the kids.

Weekend Review:

Bodie: Woefully undersized. Needs PEDs to bulk up and be an NHLer. Physically weak, but smart, good skater, and good puck handler that can make good offensive plays on the fly. Looks like he just hit puberty.

Miller: Best player for the Pack. Needs to play more in the middle than the boards. He is easily the best player on the ice but what Kenny preaches and AV preaches are a little different. He's used to more Kenny than AV.

Lindberg: Lots to like, but needs to play with more urgency. His linemates was one of the Bourques and either Haggerty or Kristo, and he did a good job of generating zone entries, chances, but needs to be a lot more assertive. I think his upside is that of a Joakim Nordstrom or Marcus Kruger as a best case scenario. That is a skilled checking line winger that helps move the puck up the ice, and establish an offensive zone faceoff for the top 6.

Kristo: Offensively he looks like he's dancing out there, skilled with the puck but not too bright otherwise. Basically he's a really skilled dumb player. Low IQ. Tanner Glass stupid with John Moore's hockey sense.

Allen: Looks like an NHL athlete, reps and consistency are key for him. I don't know if he'll end up as a Ranger since he had such a poor camp and has a few guys ahead of him, but he'll see NHL ice by next season. Complete game.

McIlrath: Took some bad penalties, and that's something he needs to stay away from. They were bad minors and not bad majors so he did see a lot of ice. I would like to see him get some PP time over guys that will never see NHL ice. Defensively, especially along the boards and in front of the net, he is a beast. Breakouts and defending fast players in transition could use work.

Noreau: First look in the AHL I've had of him live, and there is a lot to like. Might not be more than an AHL player, but he can play at this level, and do a good job. Coaching and reps will make him better, but size and skating ability is good enough for the AHL. He can really fight.

Crabb: Good player to have in the org and someone that can play in the NHL if needed. Smart grinder, battles, tough and gritty, and RH shot that can take faceoffs too.

HFD played very poorly on short rest, and while its greatly convenient for a fan like myself, the team played rope a dope the second game. Guys were fatigued and you can see it. Kenny needs to manage shifts and ice time better.

Good notes man. Haven't caught a game yet, but a lot of this is what we would suspect.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Not at all, he was put out there as a top winger, played in every situation. Very adaptable to his role, in the NHL he took the 4th line role like he should, and in the A he took on the top winger role to heart.

I think he's a very smart player that the team can throw out there in every situation, but probably needs to exude a little more confidence. Especially with the puck and offensively. He needs to shoot more, and attack the net with tenacity.

He and Miller were killing penalties together, and you get the feeling that the Rangers are grooming them as a combo as they were paired up 5v5 too. They are the two closest to the NHL after all, and given that the Rangers 4th line is basically a patchwork this past game, its easy to see why.

Fast was much better on the PK than Miller, I think that there is more to Fast game as he learns to "get lost" in the offensive zone. He'll score with clean looks, he just has to work to get there.

Consistent with last year, then. Thanks!

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Good notes man. Haven't caught a game yet, but a lot of this is what we would suspect.

Consistent with last year, then. Thanks!

Yeah not a whole lot of changes other than some pieces of the roster. What you see in terms of upside is what you get, but I look at it as an opportunity to become mistake free players in their roles.

Like Allen had a very poor camp, but looks like a very solid defenseman in the A just on sheer athleticism alone. I think he's like an Ian Cole type of defense man, slow long development curve, and can fill in a pinch and not hurt the team.

The speed of the game can be deceptive, Bourques 1 & 2 are very good Ahl players, but completely ineffective in the NHL. Just not NHL level athletes.

No player has taken a big step forward, but that's fine if they are good in their roles.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Sloppy game for the pack. Lots of bad penalties in a muck of a game.

One thing I'll give to Keny is that he played the kids a ton. Especially those that are on the cusp. JT got top line minutes in every role, Lindberg with 2nd line minutes. McIlrath seemed like he was out there every other shift, and same with Allen.

Downside to Kenny is that he has them playing along the walls more than anything else. The zone entries are all chip and chase and not the possession hockey played in the big leagues.

Some of that is just all hockey, but they need to be more like grand Rapids and Detroit so the transition is seamless for the kids.

Weekend Review:

Bodie: Woefully undersized. Needs PEDs to bulk up and be an NHLer. Physically weak, but smart, good skater, and good puck handler that can make good offensive plays on the fly. Looks like he just hit puberty.

Miller: Best player for the Pack. Needs to play more in the middle than the boards. He is easily the best player on the ice but what Kenny preaches and AV preaches are a little different. He's used to more Kenny than AV.

Lindberg: Lots to like, but needs to play with more urgency. His linemates was one of the Bourques and either Haggerty or Kristo, and he did a good job of generating zone entries, chances, but needs to be a lot more assertive. I think his upside is that of a Joakim Nordstrom or Marcus Kruger as a best case scenario. That is a skilled checking line winger that helps move the puck up the ice, and establish an offensive zone faceoff for the top 6.

Kristo: Offensively he looks like he's dancing out there, skilled with the puck but not too bright otherwise. Basically he's a really skilled dumb player. Low IQ. Tanner Glass stupid with John Moore's hockey sense.

Allen: Looks like an NHL athlete, reps and consistency are key for him. I don't know if he'll end up as a Ranger since he had such a poor camp and has a few guys ahead of him, but he'll see NHL ice by next season. Complete game.

McIlrath: Took some bad penalties, and that's something he needs to stay away from. They were bad minors and not bad majors so he did see a lot of ice. I would like to see him get some PP time over guys that will never see NHL ice. Defensively, especially along the boards and in front of the net, he is a beast. Breakouts and defending fast players in transition could use work.

Noreau: First look in the AHL I've had of him live, and there is a lot to like. Might not be more than an AHL player, but he can play at this level, and do a good job. Coaching and reps will make him better, but size and skating ability is good enough for the AHL. He can really fight.

Crabb: Good player to have in the org and someone that can play in the NHL if needed. Smart grinder, battles, tough and gritty, and RH shot that can take faceoffs too.

HFD played very poorly on short rest, and while its greatly convenient for a fan like myself, the team played rope a dope the second game. Guys were fatigued and you can see it. Kenny needs to manage shifts and ice time better.

lol. wow

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bodie scored with 18 seconds to go and Hartford won 5-4. Other Pack goals from Allen, Kristo, Lindberg and Bourue. Haggerty had 2 assists and Kristo had 3 points total. Desjardins left the game midway through...not sure why.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Bodie scored with 18 seconds to go and Hartford won 5-4. Other Pack goals from Allen, Kristo, Lindberg and Bourue. Haggerty had 2 assists and Kristo had 3 points total. Desjardins left the game midway through...not sure why.

Leslie tweet said Desjardins was hurt on the Sharks scoring paly mid-2d
Leslie Treff @HFNYRangers · 2h 2 hours ago
Desjardins is injured on the goal. Missiaen comes in.

BTW Bodie's late goal was against Groesnick, his former classmate\teammate who was Union's all-american goalie in '12 when they went to Frozen Four in Tampa; SJ Sharks signed him after his Jr year in '13

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
10/22/2014 Chris McCarthy (LW) Hartford DEL Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) to Greenville (ECHL)
10/22/2014 Mackenzie Skapski (G) Hartford ADD Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) from Greenville (ECHL)

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
10/22/2014 Chris McCarthy (LW) Hartford DEL Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) to Greenville (ECHL)
10/22/2014 Mackenzie Skapski (G) Hartford ADD Reassigned by N.Y. Rangers (NHL) from Greenville (ECHL)

I did not realize Skapski was with the pros now. I did notice he wasn't listed near Halverson on 2k's table but for some reason it still didn't click. I really have ...well not high hopes but I have hopes for him. I hope he plays well enough to where there's a little bit of a log jam at G b/t him, Miss and Desj which is a good thing compared to the past where there was ?, ?, Miss/Stajcer/Malcolm

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I think McCarthy is good enough to play in Hartford over guys like Vaive, O'Donnell and Kantor. However, if he's the odd man out, I'd rather he be getting some game action, so this move is good for him.

Skapper must be up to replace Desjardins. Hopefully that's not a serious injury. Missiaen has been steady in his limited action thus far, but his track record in Hartford doesn't inspire much confidence. Maybe he's ready to turn the corner though...he was always good in the ECHL.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I think McCarthy is good enough to play in Hartford over guys like Vaive, O'Donnell and Kantor.

In the AHL you need that physical line even more than up in NHL.
There are guys in the A whose only objective seems to be to physically punish young prospects...
McCarthy should be playing a top-8 forward role, he should get those shifts in the E

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pack signed Nightingale to a PTO. Another, big, mean defenseman. Noreau, Kantor, O'Donnel, Tarnasky, McIlrath. Lots of toughness down there.

The AHL is a tough league and the division Hartford is in may be the toughest. Personally I'd rather that McIlrath fight occasionally rather than have to fight every time a Gallant or a Rechlicz starts something. Nightengale also has almost 400 AHL games of experience and that can come in handy considering McIlrath is the Wolfpack's most experienced defenseman.

Kantor and O'Donnell aren't really good fighters but they're willing. They also know that if they don't stick up for their teammates they'll be somewhere else other than Hartford.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
****ing moneys operating the camera tonight.

Also, Pack looks like they have about 30 people in attendance tonight. Shame.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kristo threw some nice rights.

EDIT: McIlrath tried to beat some dude's ass but two referees intervened.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Haggerty is the go-to guy on the PP. They fed him several times at the left circle. He looks just like Stamkos firing one-timers.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kinkaid looks good for Albany. Pack could have had a couple goals that period if not for some robbery. Fast and Haggerty in particular.

Pack PP looks like the Rangers PP--some good chances, but nothing going in.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Haha, Kristo and some guy randomly got into a fight behind the play. They both threw a punch and immediately fell, but popped back up. Kristo threw a couple good rights.

A moment or two later McIlrath wanted to get in on it, so after the whistle he started poking at a guy. There were two referees in between the guys even though they both clearly wanted to go. McIlrath threw a punch across the two zebras and ended up taking an extra two (which, of course, Albany converted shortly thereafter).

Pack carried the play in the period, but Kinkaid is hot and Albany got a lucky rebound for their PP goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad