2013-14 Line Combos

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
With Mono + Wideman out, what will the line-ups look like??

Probably something like:

Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Baertschi - Backlund - Hudler
Bouma - Colborne - D. Jones
B. Jones - Reinhart - McGrattan

Russell - Brodie
Smith -Smid
Butler - O'Brien

Ramo
Berra

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If Reinhart takes Backlund's spot, Id rather we simply trade Backs and let him get ice time elsewhere.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Can't imagine it will be anything to ground breaking here as the pecking order is pretty much down.

Cammy - Stajan - Stemps
Sven - Backlund - Hudler
Bouma - Colborne -D Jones
B Jones - Reinhart - Grats

Russel - Brodie
Smid - Butler
Smith - O'Brien

Berra
Ramo

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
If Reinhart takes Backlund's spot, Id rather we simply trade Backs and let him get ice time elsewhere.

Do you mean Backlund's spot on the fourth line, or his spot on the team overall?

For the record I'd much rather see Colborne on the fourth line, and either Backlund on the second and Reinhart on the third, or vice versa.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Do you mean Backlund's spot on the fourth line, or his spot on the team overall?

For the record I'd much rather see Colborne on the fourth line, and either Backlund on the second and Reinhart on the third, or vice versa.

Colborne has been playing well of late, no way he deserves time on the 4th line, it will either be Backlund or Reinhart there Friday and if I was Hartley it would be Reinhart and Backlund on the 2nd line

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
If it were up to me..

Mike Cammalleri - Matt Stajan - Jiri Hudler
Sven Baertschi - Mikael Backlund - Lee Stempniak
Max Reinhart - Joe Colborne - David Jones
Lance Bouma - Blair Jones - Brian McGrattan

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I like these lines. I periodically rotate Hudler and Stemps.

Really like the 3rd and 4th but wouldn't mind switching Hudler and Stemps. Hudler just makes everyone around him better, Feaster's best signing, hands down.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Sven - backs - Hudler
Cammy - Colborne - Jones
Bouma - Stajan - Stemps
Reinhart - Jones - Grats

Either way this Cali trip is gonna be brutal. Cammy and Colborne have chemistry. Backs needs to play with Hudler. Bouma should play with Stajan/Stemps for an energy line that is responsible.

4th line is a line that can contribute offensively and drive the other teams crazy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was trying to come up with line combos for when we're healthy. My favourite lineup would probably be:

Glencross-Stajan-Stempniak
Cammy-Backlund-Hudler
Baertschi-Monahan-D. Jones
Bouma-Colborne-McGrattan

No matter how you configure it, though, someone has to sit. Galiardi is out of the lineup above. Is it time to make trades yet?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I was trying to come up with line combos for when we're healthy. My favourite lineup would probably be:

Cammy-Backlund-Hudler
Bouma-Colborne-McGrattan

No matter how you configure it, though, someone has to sit. Galiardi is out of the lineup above. Is it time to make trades yet?

Sit McGrattan and problem solved?

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

Cammy-Backlund-Hudler
Bouma-Colborne-McGrattan

I kinda hope it's not Galiardi, I personally like him a lot as a player.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton

Cammy-Backlund-Hudler
Bouma-Colborne-McGrattan

That 4th line is intimidating! Especially if you can get Colborne to use his size.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Man, Bouma is going to be legitimately a really good player next year or the year after. Every single aspect of his game is coming together, he's the ideal third-line winger, reminds me of the guys Vancouver had filling out their roster during their cup run.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yea I know I meant in an ideal world. I like McGrattan but he isn't good enough to be a regular.

Ah, well in that case I agree. I think that Bouma can throw his body around better than McGrattan (because he can catch people easier), but there isn't really anyone to drop the gloves in this case. I guess we could dress SOB on d?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Man, Bouma is going to be legitimately a really good player next year or the year after. Every single aspect of his game is coming together, he's the ideal third-line winger, reminds me of the guys Vancouver had filling out their roster during their cup run.

Agreed, I liked what I saw 2 years ago and this year he has become a pretty big man crush. Crazy to think he is only 23 and plays like a guy that has been in the league for over a year.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Ah, well in that case I agree. I think that Bouma can throw his body around better than McGrattan (because he can catch people easier), but there isn't really anyone to drop the gloves in this case. I guess we could dress SOB on d?

Bouma has fought and honestly I don't think fighting is all that important. The times when a team gets a jump from a player fighting is almost always someone who isn't a goon.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bouma has fought and honestly I don't think fighting is all that important. The times when a team gets a jump from a player fighting is almost always someone who isn't a goon.

When the players were asked about their favourite 'get the boys going' moments this year, a lot of them pointed to Big Ern's fights. But yeah, the results don't bear that out. We don't suddenly outplay the opposition after a fight ever, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->