2012 Subway Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebo*

Not so, they almost called a perfect game, until they decided to give Canada a pp in the end out of blue, pp I called btw.

Oh look - now they are favouring russia.

Or - maybe a penalty is a penalty - ever think of that???

So - OHL vs Russia now stans at 18-1. Can't win them all, and an 18 game winning streak is pretty damn impressive!

Anchor Town*

So - OHL vs Russia now stans at 18-1. Can't win them all, and an 18 game winning streak is pretty damn impressive!

Current 1 game losing streak bud

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Wasn't his fault? Not sure how Subban would have changed that. Not sure if you're reffering to last years WJC or the year before but Visentin wasn't to blame either year.

5 goals on 10 shots in the 3rd period of that collapse in Buffalo. Wedgewood was the goat last year, with 4 goals allowed on 13 shots. Visentin allowed another 2 on 9, after coming in. My point is, our goaltending has been terrible of years. What about Jake Allen in 2010? At least we have Subban, but I'm tired of the coaching staff giving the others a chance when they're clearly not at his level. Happened in the Junior Summit a few months ago too.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
That was probably the most boring junior game I've ever watched. Russia plays a conservetive style most of the game, shutdowns Canada's offense who didn't seem that motivated, then gets two lucky bounces, the first a great play by the Russian, not so much by Binnington, the second a pretty pedestrian shot on a bad scoring chance that should have been stopped than some more defensive hockey.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Koekkoek had the worst performance of anyone in the 3 games played up to now. Just brutal everywhere.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Impressive none the less but only for a few years has Russia sent a decent team.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I wonder how Jet Lagged Yakupov is..hes been to Russia and back about 4 or 5 times since the end of last season..

first 4 khl games he had i think 1 point..
now he has 10 goals in 14 games

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
thought this would be a blowout with Russia playing its 3 game in 4 nights, OHL rested, good defence and everything. Kudos to Russia and Ustinsky especially. I thought he played very well. Size will hold him back I guesss from having a shot at the NHL but very talented kid nonetheless.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
That was probably the most boring junior game I've ever watched. Russia plays a conservetive style most of the game, shutdowns Canada's offense who didn't seem that motivated, then gets two lucky bounces, the first a great play by the Russian, not so much by Binnington, the second a pretty pedestrian shot on a bad scoring chance that should have been stopped than some more defensive hockey.

This, actually fell asleep. Woke up just before the 2 russian goals :help:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
5 goals on 10 shots in the 3rd period of that collapse in Buffalo. Wedgewood was the goat last year, with 4 goals allowed on 13 shots. Visentin allowed another 2 on 9, after coming in. My point is, our goaltending has been terrible of years. What about Jake Allen in 2010? At least we have Subban, but I'm tired of the coaching staff giving the others a chance when they're clearly not at his level. Happened in the Junior Summit a few months ago too.

I hear you, don't know why they'd be content with Subban only getting seven shots when Binnington can play next week.

And I love Ryan Murphy but he doesn't look great when he plays for Canada.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I much prefer Grigorenko's game sense to Yakupov's.

Yakupov is a hard worker, but gets too nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad