2012-2013 World Junior Championships (part II)

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
They could name a new board game after him:

trouble_board_game_1L.jpg

"What are you kids doing?" "GETTING INTO TROUBA!"

"It's fun gettin' into Trouba"

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Awesome tournament, too bad it didn't end better for you guys up north, now I can get my sleep schedule back to normal!

USA USA USA :)

It was a very deserving win for the US - they played hard as a team, and Gibson was outstanding. Trouba wasn't bad either. ;)

jetkarma*

Is he going to sing the national anthems? we never got that scouting report ...

Thrashers94

We fly as one
Mar 22, 2010
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
It was a very deserving win for the US - they played hard as a team, and Gibson was outstanding. Trouba wasn't bad either. ;)

They really came together as a group after the back to back loses vs Canada and Russia, it was a very pleasant surpise.

The WJC was really the only time I have been able to watch Trouba play (outside of one Michigan game that was televised a few months ago) and he was a rock for us on the blueline. He made a few questionable plays at times but his overall game improved over the course of the tournament.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have to laugh at the ZOMG CANADA end of the world people. :laugh:

We had a stunning run at this tournament. There are a couple of inescapable facts:

Other nations have improved year after year. We are the pinnacle of hockey, and people have been trying to reach it for a long time.

Other countries who have been talent-wise very near us for a number of years (Russia) have learned how to withstand, and yes, even play our brand of physical game. That is what we taught them.

Yet other countries have increased their skill to match us (USA) and already knew how to play the body.

We are screaming bloody murder at everyone -- players, goalies, coaches, management. Well, guess what? We just aren't as dominant as we used to be. For our population, to be as good as we were for so long is a hell of an accomplishment.

Never again will we go 14 years without missing a medal at this tourney. The times have changed, you should probably get used to it or you are in for a world of heartache.

videofarmer

thirsty
Sep 11, 2009
ATL
Jacob Big Train Trouba ? sounds good to me .... Chevy must be gushing with how Trouba has been dominating this tournament.

We will all now witness the mains be flooded with American posts about proposed trades ;)

Not this American! Looking forward to seeing him play for the Jets one day!

Although the Jets D may have to start adding these:

320px-Roundel_of_the_USAF.svg.png

to the back of their helmets, to go along with these:

roundel-rcaf.gif

OK, OK. And one of these:

swedish_roundel_sticker-p217873509663217187envb3_400.jpg

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Honestly can't say that I'm too disappointed in the final result. I didn't think that we would reach the final, and I always thought that USA had the best defense by far (arguably the three best d-men of the tournament) and the best goalie. I felt that if their forwards even played a fairly good game, we wouldn't win.

USA still had a pretty underwhelming game, but Juniorkronorna were sloppy with the puck, and didn't look to have any urgency. It was a fair win for the 'Muricans.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Not this American! Looking forward to seeing him play for the Jets one day!

Although the Jets D may have to start adding these:

(...)

to the back of their helmets, to go along with these:

(...)

OK, OK. And one of these:

(...)

Behold the awesome that is the Americanadiwedish logo:

americanadiwedish.png

:sarcasm: :D

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Also, feeling a bit sensitive, so I just wanted to say how great it has been to watch hockey with you guys again!

Let's hope that they fix this damn CBA and get back on the ice so we can start watching some good old Jets hockey again!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Also, feeling a bit sensitive, so I just wanted to say how great it has been to watch hockey with you guys again!

Let's hope that they fix this damn CBA and get back on the ice so we can start watching some good old Jets hockey again!

Back at you my friend!!! The defending champions had a nice run and there is no shame in a silver medal :handclap:

Now perhaps on to the NHL :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->