2012-2013 World Junior Championships (part II)

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Well to be fair there was the RNH as the only best player

Then Mark and Harrington fell under they didn't play too bad catagory or the "they sucked less"

Don't get me started on all the guys that really didn't show up in the medal round.

Team Canada peaked and played very sound hockey for two games (USA and Russia). The rest of the games there team defense was poor.

It also means he was better then huberdoh strome hamilton etc
Guys who everyone says are better then mark

I still think Scheifele had a pretty decent tournament

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It also means he was better then huberdoh strome hamilton etc
Guys who everyone says are better then mark

I still think Scheifele had a pretty decent tournament

Last year Mark's world juniors was a dissapointment and this year he was pretty decent (good choice of words)....this year I think it's safe to say the WJC were a dissapointment for for Hubs and Hamilton. (Strome flashed at times but could have been better).

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Last year Mark's world juniors was a dissapointment and this year he was pretty decent (good choice of words)....this year I think it's safe to say the WJC were a dissapointment for for Hubs and Hamilton. (Strome flashed at times but could have been better).

Big time dissapointment for those 3.
I expected better out of them.

The only only one that met/exceeded expectations ws RNH

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
From the Illegal Curve daily update thread - Trouba answering questions on Twitter:

Troubachat.jpg

Full thread here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1313923

EDIT: Gibson's really sharp in this game. Stoning the Swedes in the 3rd.
EDIT: Strong play by Trouba to strip Forsberg of the puck, then skate it out of trouble.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
EN goal - silly play by the Swede to throw his stick. Nice game - Swedes fell just a bit short. Good character team, the US was - Gibson was awesome, Trouba was awesome, Gaudreau ended up coming up big, etc. Well deserved.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
At least one Russian won Gold (Galchenyuk). US peaked at the right time, Canada seems to roll thru group play every year but can't show that killer instinct in the medal round. Group play means nothing, look at the USA as they finished third in the group. Swedes played well with top guys out on d.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Gibson, Trouba and Gaudreau with best player awards for the US. Fairly easy picks, I think.

Gibson with best goalie of the tournament
Trouba with best defenseman!
RNH with best forward.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Gibson, Trouba and Gaudreau with best player awards for the US. Fairly easy to picks, I think.

Gibson with best goalie of the tournament
Trouba with best defenseman!
RNH with best forward.

Disappointed on how Canada finished, but absolutely love that we have the top defenseman in the tournament.

Trouba is already a fan favorite and he hasn't even come to his first camp yet.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I'd beat up a small child to get Trouba on my team.

You guys have a hell of a player on your hands...

jetkarma*

Jacob Big Train Trouba ? sounds good to me .... Chevy must be gushing with how Trouba has been dominating this tournament.

We will all now witness the mains be flooded with American posts about proposed trades ;)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Jacob Big Train Trouba ? sounds good to me .... Chevy must be gushing with how Trouba has been dominating this tournament.

We will all now witness the mains be flooded with American posts about proposed trades ;)

I think just Big Jacob Trouba will suffice. :sarcasm:

So happy with his play this tournament and it's great that it's been noticed. If we keep drafting like this we'll be a contender in no time.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I know it goes against the team's drafting history, but I'd love to see us take Valeri Nichushkin in the 1st round. He's going to be a hell of a player.

jetkarma*

I think just Big Jacob Trouba will suffice. :sarcasm:

So happy with his play this tournament and it's great that it's been noticed. If we keep drafting like this we'll be a contender in no time.

In the spirit of great sport nick names , I am including Train .... Big Train , Night Train , Freight Train , Runaway Train .... or reference the Superman " more powerful than a speeding locomotive" ... works for his shot or his physicality :stanley:

As I mentioned before , kid is GOLDEN .

jetkarma*

I know it goes against the team's drafting history, but I'd love to see us take Valeri Nichushkin in the 1st round. He's going to be a hell of a player.

We only have 2 years of draft history , so that pattern is yet to be firmly established imo. This year will tell a lot ... with the lock out , increased scouting , the talent from the Q and internationally , I have an open mind about whom we may take anywhere in this draft.

Certainly if we draft outside the top 6 or so he should be in consideration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->