2012-2013 World Junior Championships (part II)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
:(

Terrible play by Murphy on Nichushkin. 14 year medal streak broken.

Well, g'luck to Sweden (and Trouba ;) )

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Murphy looked like a pylon on that one. When will we have a top tendy in this tournament again? They just showed the replay of Russia rubbing it in Canada's face going by the bench, bunch of ******.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Ah, sorry guys. I rooted for you.

Pretty fitting for this tournament for Canada to have a complete lack of defense on the final OT goal.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
RNH, Scheifele, and Harrington with top 3 players for the Canadian's for the tourney. Good for Scheif.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Top 10 in pts/gp (unless 2 players in USA vs Sweden not named Gaudreau has a multi-point night)
Top 10 in goals/gp (unless 2 players in USA vs Sweden not named Gaudreau has a multi-goal night)
First in Team Canada for goals
Tied for first in Team Canada for game winning goals (almost won if it weren't for that post)
Third in Team Canada for points
One player of the game award for Team Canada
One of three players of the team for Team Canada
Obvious improved topspeed and grit from last year

... I'm happy

Still needs to work on balance and acceleration... add some weight and power skating and we're good to go!

EDIT:
Going to sleep now... let me know if it's worth watching Trouba or not for when I wake up!

Last edited:

Lux Aurumque*

Pathetic. Absolutely shameful. There is no excuse for this garbage. We were beaten by two teams that should have been cakewalks for the lineup we had put together.

The defense was non-existent. The goaltending was pathetic. Coaching decisions were piss poor...and don't get me started on some of the team selections, especially the omissions of guys like Ceci, Shinkaruk and Lowry. Gut the management, never bring back the coach.

UNACCEPTABLE!

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Canada's defense was bad most of the tournament, and the goaltending was pretty much worse.

Hockey canada needs to teach players how to skate again

Lux Aurumque*

Canada's defense was bad most of the tournament, and the goaltending was pretty much worse.

Hockey canada needs to teach players how to skate again

To me, the selections for goaltending were an absolute blunder. Subban has proven that he crumbles under pressure. Binnington just simply was not good at all this morning. I don't understand why they omitted a goalie like Laurent Brossoit, who not only attended selection camp, but is a proven goalie in high pressure situations (named top player in the WHL Playoffs last year while playing for the championship team).

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Billington would have been better today, had he played all tournament like he should have.
Subban had a brutal camp, and the first two games were not allot better.

We cant develop goalies like we used to for some reason.

That needs to change, if we ever want international success again.

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I just want to say my opinions on Scheifele have never been based on one game, him being clutch or not clutch. I just didn't like the pick from the start and I still don't. But I will say this he played a solid game this morning.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I just want to say my opinions on Scheifele have never been based on one game, him being clutch or not clutch. I just didn't like the pick from the start and I still don't. But I will say this he played a solid game this morning.

Maybe I am a little slow from the early morning, but Scheifele named one of Canada's three best players?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
you have this stupid mentality coming from Hockey Canada guys that we need to play hockey the "Canadian way".
all of those suspensions show that the "Canadian way" means "undisciplined hockey that focuses on grit and hurting your opponent instead of beating them with skill."

I'm very happy that Canada didn't medal. They should watch the three medalling teams and see how they got where they did. and having a goaltender with a pulse would also help.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maybe I am a little slow from the early morning, but Scheifele named one of Canada's three best players?

Well to be fair there was the RNH as the only best player

Then Mark and Harrington fell under they didn't play too bad catagory or the "they sucked less"

Don't get me started on all the guys that really didn't show up in the medal round.

Team Canada peaked and played very sound hockey for two games (USA and Russia). The rest of the games there team defense was poor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->