2011 NHL Draft Top-150 [UPDATED - post #261]

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
What about Huberdau V.s Strome. Who has the advantage?

From what I can call, Strome has a one timer. Huberdau not?

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Thankfully you can put on weight. Height? Not so much.

Strome is 6' 1", 183....not the biggest guy, but heavier than Huberdeau is at the moment, and Strome himself should be able to get heavier still, and, as young men still, who's to say they can't get even taller? and according to some opinions, Strome may end up in the top 5. Huberdeau is very good, don't get me wrong, and should go between 5 and 10, but i'd still pick Strome.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Strome over Huberdeau every day. Huberdeau is great, but Strome has him beat almost everywhere.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
if i had a choice between the two, i'd take Strome just because he's a little bigger. they seem very close as far as talent goes.

I think size is the last thing you would worry about, when comparing these two. Both similar in height, and both need to gain strength.

I imagine both players will be around 6'1" and close to 200lbs, by time they are finished growing.

NeedMoreJam

Bachelors of Tanking
Jul 27, 2010
Kelowna
I think you have to take huberdeau over strome. I say this because huberdeau seems to have that fire in his game that gives him a much higher probability of panning out. His skills seem like they will translate better. Strome has a great skill set and the tools to put up a lot of points in the nhl. Obviously its just my opinion, but huberdeaus puck pursuit, aggressive work ethic combined with the point totals and team success are too much to ignore when choosing between him and strome.

That said I ain't seen f all of them live.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
let's put it this way.....Central Scouting has Huberdeau ahead of Strome, and International Scouting Services (ISS) has Strome ahead of Huberdeau....these are the two scouting services that team scouts go by when they pick as far as i've heard, so it shall be interesting to see which goes first, although if you add in a half dozen mock draft sites, i'd say Huberdeau does have an edge, i'm just saying i would pick Strome.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
let's put it this way.....Central Scouting has Huberdeau ahead of Strome, and International Scouting Services (ISS) has Strome ahead of Huberdeau....these are the two scouting services that team scouts go by when they pick as far as i've heard, so it shall be interesting to see which goes first, although if you add in a half dozen mock draft sites, i'd say Huberdeau does have an edge, i'm just saying i would pick Strome.

NHL clubs do not look at where Central Scouting ranks the players.
Redline Report is the service that most teams use.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Virtually every NHL team's scouts have seen draft eligible players many more times than any of the scouts from the independent services. Not to mention, teams typically spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on their scouting departments. To think they would draft based on a $50 draft guide (or whatever the cost) is ridiculous.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Virtually every NHL team's scouts have seen draft eligible players many more times than any of the scouts from the independent services. Not to mention, teams typically spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on their scouting departments. To think they would draft based on a $50 draft guide (or whatever the cost) is ridiculous.

I disagree on the 1st part as many scouts, GM's etc. will say that they have seen the player as few as 4-5 times....sometimes a dozen times etc.
Many of the independants see the player 20,30, 50 times....or more.

The second part I agree with you....they do not base selections solely on a $50 guide.

MitchRobichaud

Jun 6, 2007
Halifax
www.hockeysense.ca
Hockeysense Magazine has officially launched!

Check out our site for pricing options with great introductory offers. There are still a couple small bugs that are ebign worked out, but it is READY TO GO!

Hockeysense's draft issue focus on the top 75 prospect from the CHL eligible for the 2011 NHL draft. We only have included a section that outlines the top 5 prospect from each CHL league eligible for the 2012 draft.

We have a feedback form that will be working within a day that will let you let us know what you liked or disliked about our magazine. Any constructive criticism is welcomed!

Mitch Robichaud
Hockeysense Publishing

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hi Guys,

Being a dane, I have been quite surprised that danish 93 born player Thomas Spelling (http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=32417) has not been on anybody's radar. Or so it seems. This kid is crazy good. Not in a 1round kind of way. but 2,3,4th round would imo be a fair projection. I see no mention of him anywhere.

This kid played with Nicklas Jensen in the Junior worlds and out scored and assisted him. he dominated completely. This kid is a real diamond in the rough. IF, and this is a BIG IF, he is drafted he will be a real steal. Denmark always seems to go under radar. He deserves more recognition than he gets.

Has there been any news of any teams looking at him?

JYP88*

Samu Perhonen vs Christopher Gibson,,,,, which one will be first european goalie drafted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad