2011 NHL Draft: St. Louis Blues found plenty of value in the second round

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
dmitrij_jaskin_st_louis_030116.jpg
Photo: Dmitrij Jaskin took some time arriving as an NHL player, but the extra work has made him one of the game’s better young two-way players (courtesy of Steve Kingsman/Icon Sportswire)

</p>There may not be a better drafting team in the second round than the St. Louis Blues. They have found plenty of gems beyond the first round – from Steve Staios, Igor Korolev, Jay McClement, and Jochen Hecht to David Backes and Jake Allen – and the same can be said for 2011.

The Blues had traded Erik Johnson (2006 first overall pick) and their 2011 first round selection to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for Kevin Shattenkirk, Chris Stewart and a conditional second.… read more

The post 2011 NHL Draft: St. Louis Blues found plenty of value in the second round appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Well guys, it sounds like we won't get anymore of these awesome articles. HockeysFuture is going kaput.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2087287

Don't worry, it sounds like HFBoards will continue...although I guess this is somewhat concerning news.

I just came across this on Twitter. I had no idea so figured others likely didn't know either.

The only thing i like about HockeysFuture is the position-by-position depth-charts for all-teams, so you can quickly glance at each teams prospect pool. Otherwise, the rankings and articles are useless. Just wondering if the site is going to be defunct, or if it will just become un-updated. If they're simply going to let it become obsolete, I wish they'd allow wiki-like edits by the people, for the people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad