2009 NHL Draft - strong draft?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Jared Staal might be...

lemme check..

:PAUSE:

Yes he will be. He was born exactly one day after Tavares.

He doesn't look too good... 3 points in 62 games along with 18 PIM

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Staal was born August 21st 1990 so he is eligible in '08. He'll be lucky to get drafted at all.

Aplomb = poise and confidence.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Oh Wiki did it again... it said he was September

He's not exactly very good... But with that name I'd say he'd get drafted for the sake of drafting.

Take that as a lesson kids... DONT DO WIKIS

crthomp

Apr 18, 2007
This group looks amazing, I've been reading a lot on them lately and like what I have read.

Next year should tell a lot about these 11 prospects (the ones listed earlier) + the others that have been mentioned once they start playing in either the CHL or NCAA or in the European leagues. Should be exciting.

Does anyone know what team Steve Anthony and Devon MacAusland will be playing for next year? I think they are playing in the QMJHL, but not sure what team or if they have even been selected to a team. Does anyone know?

This group looks amazing, I've been reading a lot on them lately and like what I have read.

Next year should tell a lot about these 11 prospects (the ones listed earlier) + the others that have been mentioned once they start playing in either the CHL or NCAA or in the European leagues. Should be exciting.

Does anyone know what team Steve Anthony and Devon MacAusland will be playing for next year? I think they are playing in the QMJHL, but not sure what team or if they have even been selected to a team. Does anyone know?

The QMJHL draft will take place in June, you'll know then.

crthomp

Apr 18, 2007
Is the order of the QMJHL draft out yet? I know the playoffs haven't finished yet, but are the top few teams known yet?

LeafsrGods*

I always forget this, is Tavares getting drafted in 2008 Draft or 2009 Draft?

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Victor Hedman just signed a 2-year deal with MODO elite leauge team. If he does get to play this autumn he will be playing in the 2nd best leauge in the world (...together with Russian...this discussion somewhere else) at the age of 16!

I hope he continues to develop but I think he will. His two older brothers are pushing him very hard and it always make sure his feet stay on the ground so he works hard. Would be quite fun to see Oscar Hedman (drafted by Washington) and Victor Hedman in the same defensive pairing this winter :yo:

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Victor Hedman just signed a 2-year deal with MODO elite leauge team. If he does get to play this autumn he will be playing in the 2nd best leauge in the world (...together with Russian...this discussion somewhere else) at the age of 16!

I hope he continues to develop but I think he will. His two older brothers are pushing him very hard and it always make sure his feet stay on the ground so he works hard. Would be quite fun to see Oscar Hedman (drafted by Washington) and Victor Hedman in the same defensive pairing this winter :yo:

Jesse Joensuu played his first game in SM-Liiga at the age of 15. Both are big guys and seem to develope early.

ace111

Mar 31, 2007
Riverview

Anthony will probably be draft by Saint John Seadogs first overall in the Q draft. Macausland has said he will be playing for the Beavers in the MJAHL to keep his NCAA eligibility open. Could also be a ploy to get drafted by the team he wants to play for too?? Who knows.

crthomp

Apr 18, 2007
That should be interesting, I wonder which team he would want to go to if he was to play in the Q?

The talent and potential for this class is unreal. Can't wait.

ace111

Mar 31, 2007
Riverview
That should be interesting, I wonder which team he would want to go to if he was to play in the Q?

The talent and potential for this class is unreal. Can't wait.

My guess would be between Quebec only because Tessier and Macausland were teammates on the under 17 NB team and did very well on the same line together. The other I would hope is Moncton as it would be his home team. Get to play in front of the fans and still be at home. Just my opinion though.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Believe it or not, but there are pro scouts already suggesting Hedman could beat out Tavares for the #1 overall in 09.

Apparently a large number of GM's would take Kessel over Crosby ;)

Any kid who dominates juniors like that *at his age* is going to be taken #1, no doubt in my mind.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
off topic: 2010 will be sick superstar draft for finland. mikael granlund would he be the best, ye i say YES because he will it be!

Teemu Pulkkinen>>>Granlund

Rajala averaged over 3 points per game in the C-juniors league a year ago. Pulkkinen averaged almost 4 points a game this season. They played in the same line for the first time against Sweden in 3 U-16 exhibition games in March. They combined for 6 points in the first game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->