2008 HFNHL Playoffs

Clutch, cap, glue, call him what you will, its the playoffs and Scotty Hartnell is back in town. Buffalo's answer to Claude Lemieux :yo:

On another note, good to see Jaromir Jagr actually caring about a game for a change. He's been on a tear throughout the playoffs. and Gonchar's making a run for the Con Smyth. he and Bouwmeester continue to be the best pairing in HF.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Talk about adding insult to injury....not only did McCabe get his ass kicked for the 2nd straight night, but he got suspended three games for the fight. Sheesh.

Can somebody please explain why my #1 dman is constantly getting fighting majors? 4 in the 3 games so far. I would much prefer it if this guy would be on the ice instead of in the box. I understand that he has a high IT and low DI rating, but this is a little crazy.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Wow...Kipper is a one man wrecking crew! :)

Don't I know it (see last years Detroit vs. Dallas conference final) and now you've swept Colorado. 1.48GAA and .944 save % through 9 games so far :eek:

On the subject of another all star goalie (Brodeur) ... the Wings vs. Canucks series is now a best of three. Considering Brodeur has not looked like himself this series (not that Lundqvist has been good either) I have this ominous feeling that Brodeur may yet be the deciding factor in this series. I hope I'm wrong :help:

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Don't I know it (see last years Detroit vs. Dallas conference final) and now you've swept Colorado. 1.48GAA and .944 save % through 9 games so far :eek:

On the subject of another all star goalie (Brodeur) ... the Wings vs. Canucks series is now a best of three. Considering Brodeur has not looked like himself this series (not that Lundqvist has been good either) I have this ominous feeling that Brodeur may yet be the deciding factor in this series. I hope I'm wrong :help:

It was all goaltending last year in the playoffs last year. Well...and the Senators ability to injure! :p

The Stars power play has been very bad so far running at 8.3%, but the penalty killing hasn't lost a step from where it was over the regular season. The power play needs to step it up in order to continue this year as far as I'm concerned.

If the Canucks move on in their series...those two stats will potentially kill the Stars chances of winning the west again. Their special teams will be the deciding factor in the series if it happens.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site

The truth is, Brodeur hasn't looked like himself very often in a Canucks uniform. He was very good in the first round, and had a great final quarter of the season, but other than that he's played very mediocre hockey since being acquired.

Also, just to rip another one of my players, Evgeny Malkin has to step up. Just three assists so far, and that entire first line is a combined -22 in the last 3 games. :help:

There I did it, I called them out. Lets hope it works.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Please end this Aussie run on the Cup! ;)

Sheesh, talk about pressure....not just a city counting on me, or even a country, but now a whole continent :)

Should be an interesting series....this is the best goalie play I have gotten in the playoffs, will it continue? Oddly enough, I was outshot in all four games this round and still won. How much will McCabe's loss for 2 games hurt? Can anyone stop Jagr? How many goals can I score when Pitkanen is on the ice? (Weird to see one player a +16, and another a -7 on the same team). Can I possibly keep winning while being the most penalized team in the playoffs (although 6 fighting majors inflates that a bit)?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Sheesh, talk about pressure....not just a city counting on me, or even a country, but now a whole continent :)

Should be an interesting series....this is the best goalie play I have gotten in the playoffs, will it continue? Oddly enough, I was outshot in all four games this round and still won. How much will McCabe's loss for 2 games hurt? Can anyone stop Jagr? How many goals can I score when Pitkanen is on the ice? (Weird to see one player a +16, and another a -7 on the same team). Can I possibly keep winning while being the most penalized team in the playoffs (although 6 fighting majors inflates that a bit)?

Well my simming has finally been kind to your team, Rich. Interestingly enough, I'm going to finish up Round 2 and then Matt will be taking over for the Conference Finals on. I'm moving after this week and won't have consistent internet access at home for a little bit. Should be interesting to see what happens!

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
No room for error

Down 3 games to two versus the Canucks the Wings will need to solve both their opposition and themselves.

The Wings started the series trying to open up the attack to beat Brodeur and were successful, unfortunately when they did so they gave up way too many odd man chances themselves and were outshot and outscored by the Canucks. Next the team reverted to more traditional balanced lines and while the shots and goals against did go down it did so even more for the Canucks.

Tonight the Canucks will try and close out the series at home while the Wings will attempt to tie the series for the 3rd time and force a game 7 in Detroit.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Game 6 SIMMED.

Round 2 complete.

Devils, Sabres, Stars, and Canucks still alive in the chase for Lord Stanley's Cup. Matt will be continuing simming from here. Stay tuned for schedule updates from him.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
New Sherrif in Town

Hey Guys,

I'll be simming the next round. Deadline for lines is 8pm Wednesday. I'll sim shortly after that. Good luck to the four remaining teams!

Matthew

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Hey Guys, Sorry for the delay. Hotmail will not let me download the zip file for the league files because of its anti-virus software and I haven't figured out a way round it. Just waiting for Sean to send to a different email.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Since you have ftp access to the site...the file should be on the ftp server...just ftp it to a folder on your computer

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Since you have ftp access to the site...the file should be on the ftp server...just ftp it to a folder on your computer

Unfortunately I don't think all the files are uploaded daily onto the ftp site.

Regardless - sorry for the delay - here we go - Game 1 of Round 3 Simmed!

Well I guess nobody expected that result! 44 shots to 18. wow. Interesting to see Miller's condition drop to 99 given he played 5 games last series, got the canucks-wings game day 6 series off and the days rest for the change of series and still dropped to 99 after being 100 after the Toronto series finished. can anyone help me on this one?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Well I guess nobody expected that result! 44 shots to 18. wow. Interesting to see Miller's condition drop to 99 given he played 5 games last series, got the canucks-wings game day 6 series off and the days rest for the change of series and still dropped to 99 after being 100 after the Toronto series finished. can anyone help me on this one?

There is a flu virus going around the New Jersey area and maybe he caught the virus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->