2008 HFNHL Playoffs

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Playoffs start tomorrow night. I'll be simming around 6:00 (give or take an hour), so make sure you get your lines in on time. Also, make sure to indicate what Game in the series your lines are for.

Make sure you load the HFNHLPLF files in the GM editor to get the correct playoff files.

Playoff Page: (also linked from hfnhl.com)
http://hfnhl.com/2008/playoffs/playoffs2008.html

Brock's Playoff Preview:
Round 1: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=501022
Round 2: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=506567

Round 2 Schedule:
Game 1: Thursday, Apr 17 SIMMED
Game 2: Friday, Apr 18 SIMMED
Game 3: Saturday, Apr 19 SIMMED
Game 4: Sunday, Apr 20 SIMMED
Game 5: Monday, Apr 21 SIMMED
Game 6: Tuesday, Apr 22 SIMMED

Round 3:
Stay tuned for updates from Matt in later posts in this thread. He will be simming Round 3 and 4.

Last edited:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Yeah, two rest days were simmed and the rosters are accurate. Not sure why Huet is still a 99CD, but if you compare the regular season rosters and playoff page rosters, you can see a difference with other players.

Also, even though 8 games come up listed under Game 1 on the schedule, the sim splits those into two days (not sure why its listed under one day on the sched), so there should be 1 rest day per each team's 1 game played.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Really bad break

Not sure what's up. I even kept Huet off the roster the last 2 sim days plus he was only a backup in the Day 131 and was put in after Aubin couldn't stop a beachball and Huet faced one shot. Before that he was off 2 days.

That makes it 4 sim days since facing one shot and it hasn't moved from 99. That's a horrible break.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Not sure what's up. I even kept Huet off the roster the last 2 sim days plus he was only a backup in the Day 131 and was put in after Aubin couldn't stop a beachball and Huet faced one shot. Before that he was off 2 days.

That makes it 4 sim days since facing one shot and it hasn't moved from 99. That's a horrible break.

I find when they come off the bench duing a game, it impacts their fatigue more. Plus some guys jut take longer to recover, not sure whether it's affected by EN or DU (presumably EN).

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
It's one of those...

I find when they come off the bench duing a game, it impacts their fatigue more. Plus some guys jut take longer to recover, not sure whether it's affected by EN or DU (presumably EN).

One of those odd things...normally he recovers pretty well. During the season if he got a night off, it would recover 1 point max and sometime not recover at all but he always recovered when it was at least 2 games.

The team will have to deal with it. Hopefully he won't go down too much after one game. :help:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
One of those odd things...normally he recovers pretty well. During the season if he got a night off, it would recover 1 point max and sometime not recover at all but he always recovered when it was at least 2 games.

The team will have to deal with it. Hopefully he won't go down too much after one game. :help:

Clearly the Flyers GM has mismanaged the goaltending rotation. Hopefully for Flyers fans, it doesn't come back to haunt them.

caps8

Apr 9, 2007
The Yahoo group is back up and Pittsburgh has its lines in for Game 1.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I've held off a little longer than I had planned to compensate for the yahoo group being temporarily down. Games to follow soon...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Good news: Wild with a 3-1 decision over the Stars
Bad news: Vesa Toskala took a slapper off the shoulder and had to be replaced by Joey MacDonald.
Good news: Joey Mac stopped all 13 Dallas shots

Looks like Vesa will get game 2 off in order to get healthy.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Devils dominate game 1, outshooting the Pens 35-19. That makes 7 straight over the Pens this year.

Boy is it going to hurt when I lose this series.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Yikes that was a bit more of physical game between the Wings and Flames than I expected. When even Hejduk is playing dirty (injured Nichols less than 10 mins into the game and ejected for charging) we have to take notice.

Late in the 3rd Clark was ejected for elbowing with Ryder leaving the game with some minor bruises.

Ryder will be back for game two while Nichols, the Wings best penalty killer, will miss the game. Rumour has it that GM Niece is inserting Tyson Nash into the lineup for some extra grit in game two.

Shots and powerplay opportunities were fairly even in a game that could have gone either way.

Despite no historic rivalry between these two teams the series is shaping up to be a toughly contested grind it out type battle. Whether the ultimate winner of the series will come out too badly bruised and injured to put up a fight in the 2nd round is a real risk for both teams.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Looks like there are more Yahoo group problems.

Everytime I try and download a lines file or open a text file, I get a "Page not found" error. Games postponed until later tonight.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Looks like there are more Yahoo group problems.

Everytime I try and download a lines file or open a text file, I get a "Page not found" error. Games postponed until later tonight.

This happens frequently. It was a constant source of delay during the season. I think its a Microsoft sabotage. Just go back and check in a while and it should be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad