2008/2009 Endorsements

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Toronto Signs up for the following

Local Radio Network Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 75% capacity.
Cost Fee: $1,000,000
Revenue: $2,000,000

Ford Motor Company
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with a .500 or better home record.
Cost Fee: $1,500,000
Revenue: $3,000,000

GM Motor Company
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with a .500 or better road record.

Mountain Due
Cost: 1,000,000

Ummm....you can only sign up for a combination of 2 team/individual deals. You have 2 team deals and 1 individual = 3.

Sheesh, you would think the guy who posted this thread would know that :)

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Ummm....you can only sign up for a combination of 2 team/individual deals. You have 2 team deals and 1 individual = 3.

Sheesh, you would think the guy who posted this thread would know that :)

Yeah I don't have a very good reason for why I missed that.

I will drop Ford.

So it's just

Local Radio Network Deal
GM
Mountain Due

Cost 3M

Greg, please fix your post when you have a moment.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Well since for the 2nd straight year I got a 'we'll look into it for next season' type response to my plea to revisit the dman endorsements Detroit will sign up for the following:

TSN “Total Sports Network” Deal (85% attendance)
Revenue: $3,500,000

Nike (Make playoffs and win 1st round) - yeah I'm pushing my luck a tad here
Revenue: $2,500,000

GM Motor Company (.500+ road record)

Pepsi Cola (Winning record vs. Conference) - somehow I think I might have to pull out later in the year on this one but I'll gamble.
Revenue: $2,000,000

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I guess Linus Omark from Luleå Hockey in the SEl became the first player to reach the endorsements when he scored his 30th and 31st point of the season, thats in just 31 games.

Oh yes, I wish I had drafted Omark.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
I guess Linus Omark from Luleå Hockey in the SEl became the first player to reach the endorsements when he scored his 30th and 31st point of the season, thats in just 31 games.

Oh yes, I wish I had drafted Omark.

You are totally proving my argument that the Mountain Dew award is way too easy to achieve while the other player endorsements are unreasonably difficult :help:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Minnesota signs up for:

ABC Sports Deal
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with an average attendance of 80% capacity.
Revenue: $2,500,000

Ford Motor Company
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with a .500 or better home record.

Master Lock
Criteria: Team must finish the regular season with a penalty kill percentage of 87% or top 5 penalty killing unit.
Revenue: $3,500,000

Mountain Due
Fee: $1 million
Revenue: $1 million per player qualified (limit of one award per individual player and to a maximum of $4 million)

Total pay-$4,000,000
Potenial pay-$13,000,000

Drop Ford

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Well since for the 2nd straight year I got a 'we'll look into it for next season' type response to my plea to revisit the dman endorsements Detroit will sign up for the following:

Sorry Drew, I didnt realize that it was the 2nd time you brought up this issue. I do intend to review all of the endorsements at some points or another but its difficult to find the time to do it all at once.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
I know I missed the deadline by a long ways but will the league consider granting any extensions to the Oilers signing endorsment deals as the team was in a transition period from the previous GM to myself?

Jeff
Oilers GM

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
This note was found on the vacated GM desk of the Edmonton Oilers....

---------------------

The Edmonton Oilers would like to sign up for the following endorsement deals for the upcoming 2008/2009 season:

Broadcast Deal - ABC Sports Deal (Cost Fee: $1,000,000) - Note to my successor: Cut prices! Average attendance last year was 73% with a $50 ticket price, probably should drop tickets to $40

Merchandise Deal - Bauer (Cost Fee: $1,000,000)

Team Endorsement - GM Motor Company (Cost Fee: $1,000,000) - Of the 8 West playoff teams last season, 7 had more wins on the road than they did at home....interesting.

Team Endorsement - Coca-Cola (Cost Fee: $1,000,000)

Total Cost: $4,000,000

Best of luck.

-Andrew, now former Edmonton General Manager

I know I missed the deadline by a long ways but will the league consider granting any extensions to the Oilers signing endorsment deals as the team was in a transition period from the previous GM to myself?

Jeff
Oilers GM

It appears that this was the last thing the former Edmonton GM did before he left the office.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Tom Wandell finally scored his 30th and 31st point of the season last night. It was a million dollar point :)

17 13 Wandell, Tom TIK LW 38 11 20 31 22 26:15

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
AHL:
- Forward with more than 40 points in the AHL
- Defenceman with more than 30 points in the AHL
- Goalie who finishes in the top 5 in either GAA or SV %
- Any player winning rookie of the year, being selected for an all star team, or being selected for the all rookie team

Does being selected for an all-star team only mean starters or does that include extras? For instance Frazee was selected as an extra goalie, would he qualify?

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
AHL:
- Any player winning rookie of the year, being selected for an all star team, or being selected for the all rookie team

Does being selected for an all-star team only mean starters or does that include extras? For instance Frazee was selected as an extra goalie, would he qualify?

yes, as long as he meets the age requirement

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
AHL:

Hmm. I had actually thought this was the year-end allstar team (1st or 2nd team), but that is language is not exactly specific...

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Admin team is currently discussing this and will clarify in due course.

I will have to defer to Brock and Ville as they actually wrote the rules. And yes the wording is very ambiguous as even I thought it was a variation from the previous rules.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
AHL:

Anyone Anyone...Beuller Beuller? Can you here me now? HOW ABOUT NOW? bah its not really that important. I can wait

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
thanks for doing the work for me, douglas :)
preds sign up for the exact same endorsements like division rivals blue jackets:

Network Deal:
ABC (Cost: $1 million)

Individual Endorsement Deals:
Budweiser (Cost: $1 million)
Mountain Due (Cost: $1 million)

Total Cost: $3 million
Potential Reward: $9.5 million

i would like to drop out of the budweiser deal, please (according to the "Get Out of Jail Free card good for one rotten endorsement deal")

Default101

Phoenix will only sign up for three this year!

Mountain Due (Prospect achievements) $1 million commit / $4 million payout
Gatorade (Player 25 or younger record 35 assists) $1 Million Commit / $2.5 Million Payout
Powerade (Player 25 or younger score 25 goals) $1 Million Commit / $2.5 Million Payout

$3 Million Paid / $9 Million Potential Payout.

Phoenix would like to drop the Gatorade endosement (25 or younger with 35 assists) and will keep Mountain Due and Powerade.

We have 1/4 in Mountain Due with Hodgson's WJC Leading Scorer performance, and we're just waiting on Jonathon Blum to put up 6 more points and Justin Abdelkader to put up 9 more points to incorporate them into the Mountain Due completions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad