2007 WHL Draft

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Well Lethbridge walks away in this draft with possibly the best first round...IMO they got a steal late in the first taking Mark Reners, the guy is a pure sniper who broke scoring records in Alberta, they guy IMO was a top 5 talent in the draft, he is a late B-Day to making him not even ranked untill 2011 NHL draft. They took Alex Theriau with the 1st, 1st round pick he is a Braydon Coburn type of D-man he will be a rock for this in the future.

Kelowna got their Franchise player in Luke Moffat, possibly the top player in the draft, he showed disintrest for playing for Portland who at that time had the 1st overall pick, Moffat is a wizard on the ice, he is an offensive mahcine.

This draft was very very good in the 1st round, man it was a good 1st round, Ross, Inglis, Howden, Pysyk, Aassman, Sundhar could all turn out to be major franchise players.

I was shocked to see Dane Munech fall to like the 5th round was it (just going by the top of my head), he played Midget AAA as a 14 year old this year...got .5 PPG not bad, but he is 5'05 so he could have fell due to that, unless he played NCAA route.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Well Lethbridge walks away in this draft with possibly the best first round...IMO they got a steal late in the first taking Mark Reners, the guy is a pure sniper who broke scoring records in Alberta, they guy IMO was a top 5 talent in the draft, he is a late B-Day to making him not even ranked untill 2011 NHL draft. They took Alex Theriau with the 1st, 1st round pick he is a Braydon Coburn type of D-man he will be a rock for this in the future.

Kelowna got their Franchise player in Luke Moffat, possibly the top player in the draft, he showed disintrest for playing for Portland who at that time had the 1st overall pick, Moffat is a wizard on the ice, he is an offensive mahcine.

This draft was very very good in the 1st round, man it was a good 1st round, Ross, Inglis, Howden, Pysyk, Aassman, Sundhar could all turn out to be major franchise players.

I was shocked to see Dane Munech fall to like the 5th round was it (just going by the top of my head), he played Midget AAA as a 14 year old this year...got .5 PPG not bad, but he is 5'05 so he could have fell due to that, unless he played NCAA route.

now thats a great name.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
Minnesota is one of the world's best development grounds for youth hockey with a handful of 1st rounders every year. And it falls within WHL's recruitment area.

Even so, its interesting to see just how tough of a time the W has had there...as only 2 kids were drafted from the state and neither of them in the top 6 rounds.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
if kelowna took luke moffatt that high, he'll probably report, so they got an absolute steal, similar to everett when they took a flyer on peter mueller.

why in the world would no whl team take matt nieto and shane sooth in the latter part of the draft? both would be high 1st rounders had they committed. anything can happen, and teams that passed on either of these 2 will be kicking themselves if they ever do report. peter mueller, tyson dowzek, aj thelen..........all these guys were supposedly ncaa guys that ended up playing in the dub, so its not impossible for any of these top americans to end up reporting.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Quinton Howden who was taken 1st overall sounds *like Joe Thronton a bit, 6'02 frame, excellent playmaking and passing, high IQ, plays both ends of the ice, strong.

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
minnesota is a hockey hot bed and the dub has not made much of an inroad into the state. it's probably a combination of kids only interested in the ncaa, a lack of education on the behalf of the whl on what the league has to offer players, and families nervous about sending their kids quite a distance from home (i think brandon would be the closest team to minnesota, and that's a pretty big haul).

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site

he's going the ncaa scholarship route. thus the drop.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
I don't think he'll be able to stay in that league long. He has a history of shoulder problems, and is often injured. Unless he puts on a lot of weight, his career will be shortened. Your right though, amazing puckhandler, and very agile, boom or bust.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
Not as physical though. very hard shot. Haven't seen seen play since summer, so could have changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad