2007 prospects??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
prospects 2007??

Schlep Rock said:
Agents as well as Junior teams are already looking to lock up these kids (1989) as they're draft eligible for the 'dub this year.

There are even some kids (1990's) playing for the NSWC agents are starting to call.

I havent heard too many names but there are rumours that eric staal's youngest brother is the best brother of all 4 of them and apparently Eric is the worse one.... the 2nd oldest, marc, got taken 2nd overall in the OHL prioity draft to Sudbary.... there are 2 more brothers coming so watch out for them.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
Kugel said:
I havent heard too many names but there are rumours that eric staal's youngest brother is the best brother of all 4 of them and apparently Eric is the worse one.... the 2nd oldest, marc, got taken 2nd overall in the OHL prioity draft to Sudbary.... there are 2 more brothers coming so watch out for them.

if thats true then were in for a real show in the future...

BCCHL inactive

HockeyGuy1011 said:
bobby orr....signed by bruins at 14 years old....bad idea?? i need not say anymore

Yeah....back in the 1960's.

It's a whole different world now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
moosefan said:
possibly the best to come from Quebec province since Mario Lemieux; he is dominating almost every tournament that he plays in and is playing in Shattuck in the U16 as the only 89 born in a 88 team.

Everyone is going to be Mario Lemieux. We hear this from at least one prospect every draft.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
HockeyGuy1011 said:
hey guys, i know it might be tough but does anyone know of any 2007 potential prospects?? the most i know of is a goalie in florida who is 13 or 14 and on an 18 y/o midget travel team for the state of florida, and is just dominating....cody mckinney (spelling?)
anyone know anyone else that are 2007 prospects?? thanks

FLorida is coming on the scene as all of the kids who started playing when the panthers started are coming to eligible ages. What team is this goalie on as I play Midget 17-U and just turned 15. I may have seen him play or could watch him if he's playing in South Florida. Perhaps our best teams that are triple A down here for 18 U are The Coral Springs Junior Panthers and the Pemborke Pines golden wolves.
ON the Golden Wolves there is a kid playing on the major team (very high level) and I've seen him play several times and played his team once, but he did not play that game, and his is like 6-2 and probably 180 pounds and is either an 88 or 89. His last name is like Piepsney and he is dominating on the ice and can score at will. He is probably south Florida's best prospect and is much better than several AAA kids that I've seen in Ontario. Although florida teams don't get too much respect, several of the travel teams have gone to tournaments like the Quebec Peewee one and done very well. Also, they have won several silver stick tournaments and have smoked AAA Canadian teams. Go to FloridaAHL.com and you can access the teams rosters and stuff from there to see the 88's and 89s that are eligible for 2007.

BTW, I am eligible ;) LOL... I don't think I have a shot to play pro unless I got heavier and stronger. I play travel 17U and just turned 15 and am 5-10, 135 pounds. I have fantastic stickhandling and an above average shot, but am not really physical enough yet although I am playing much better.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Kugel said:
Schlep Rock said:
Agents as well as Junior teams are already looking to lock up these kids (1989) as they're draft eligible for the 'dub this year.

There are even some kids (1990's) playing for the NSWC agents are starting to call.

You're right about Eric being the worst (personally I feel Jordan is the worst, followed by Eric, than Marc, then the youngest).

Bobby Orr's got them all in his stable.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
PanthersRule said:
FLorida is coming on the scene as all of the kids who started playing when the panthers started are coming to eligible ages. What team is this goalie on as I play Midget 17-U and just turned 15. I may have seen him play or could watch him if he's playing in South Florida. Perhaps our best teams that are triple A down here for 18 U are The Coral Springs Junior Panthers and the Pemborke Pines golden wolves.
ON the Golden Wolves there is a kid playing on the major team (very high level) and I've seen him play several times and played his team once, but he did not play that game, and his is like 6-2 and probably 180 pounds and is either an 88 or 89. His last name is like Piepsney and he is dominating on the ice and can score at will. He is probably south Florida's best prospect and is much better than several AAA kids that I've seen in Ontario. Although florida teams don't get too much respect, several of the travel teams have gone to tournaments like the Quebec Peewee one and done very well. Also, they have won several silver stick tournaments and have smoked AAA Canadian teams. Go to FloridaAHL.com and you can access the teams rosters and stuff from there to see the 88's and 89s that are eligible for 2007.

BTW, I am eligible ;) LOL... I don't think I have a shot to play pro unless I got heavier and stronger. I play travel 17U and just turned 15 and am 5-10, 135 pounds. I have fantastic stickhandling and an above average shot, but am not really physical enough yet although I am playing much better.
i play in bantam and ive played at coral springs and pembroke pines many times...ive never heard of that piepsney kid, but there is also another kid (might even be a 1990 born) at pines...his name is kevin renney i believe and is just amazing...his skating is near perfect and can see the game better than anyone i have played against...i think he is only 13 but definitely watch for him in the future...since i play down there here are a few of the prominent kids from travel organizations that i know of (bantam and older)
kevin renney
kyle mckinney
chris wilcox

aki

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Cameron Grewal has a long way to go. I saw Hippolito Van Gusen beat him like a rented mule at a U-14 tourney in Alabama.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
HockeyGuy1011 said:
i play in bantam and ive played at coral springs and pembroke pines many times...ive never heard of that piepsney kid, but there is also another kid (might even be a 1990 born) at pines...his name is kevin renney i believe and is just amazing...his skating is near perfect and can see the game better than anyone i have played against...i think he is only 13 but definitely watch for him in the future...since i play down there here are a few of the prominent kids from travel organizations that i know of (bantam and older)
kevin renney
kyle mckinney
chris wilcox

No way wilcox is gonna make it big. He's good but I've played him probably 7 times and skated with him a lot. He used to be able to go end to end in Peewee and Bantam but not anymore and is not graet.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Never heard of any of these kids. Doesn't mean they won't develop into players but even the best 90's have already been identified based on potential.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
go kim johnsson said:
Everyone is going to be Mario Lemieux. We hear this from at least one prospect every draft.

Espostio and Biega are both dominating like no other Quebec born player has in their respective leagues. That and being younger than most when they did it last year in Bantam as both finished top scorers in the league with the guys who are playing AAA in Quebec this year. Biega this year so far has 43 points in only 14 games, last year he won the scoring title in Bantam over Esposito (Biega played on a way better team) with only somthing like 40 something points over some of the top guys for this year QMJHL draft, now this year he is on pace to double that number.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
moosefan said:
Espostio and Biega are both dominating like no other Quebec born player has in their respective leagues. That and being younger than most when they did it last year in Bantam as both finished top scorers in the league with the guys who are playing AAA in Quebec this year. Biega this year so far has 43 points in only 14 games, last year he won the scoring title in Bantam over Esposito (Biega played on a way better team) with only somthing like 40 something points over some of the top guys for this year QMJHL draft, now this year he is on pace to double that number.
do you think either of those kids have "crosby hype" ???

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HockeyGuy1011 said:

I don't know yet hard to tell, waite to see how they adjust to midget AAA. When Sidney Crosby played Bantam here in the Halifax area he had 200 points exact in his one year, not 80 something.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
HockeyGuy1011 said:

I don't think that they have Crosby hype, but from what I heard about them (never see them play) they should be watch a lot by the scouts and It will be interesting if both play in the Q in two years to have two players who should be top ten potential. But from what I heard Esposito now playing in Shattuck St Mary's is thinking about playing his pre-draft years in USA.

IMO They should be hype not like Crosby but like Olesz or Malkin are

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
I have a question why Biega and Esposito could not play in the midget AAA this year, two years ago, Guillaume Latendresse plays all season long and Romy Elayoubi played some games.

Are the rules changed?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anfernic said:
I have a question why Biega and Esposito could not play in the midget AAA this year, two years ago, Guillaume Latendresse plays all season long and Romy Elayoubi played some games.

Are the rules changed?

Well i think Beiga and Esposito are 89 born, which means they are 14. I think Quebec changed their rules because Latendresse played at 14 and so did MA Bernier believe it or not.

The thing im puzzled about is why in gods name isnt Maxime Tanguay playing MAAA instead of ME.

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
moosefan said:
I don't know yet hard to tell, waite to see how they adjust to midget AAA. When Sidney Crosby played Bantam here in the Halifax area he had 200 points exact in his one year, not 80 something.
didnt gretzky have over 330 pts in his bantam year or something?

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
who were some other guys that were hyped 4 years before their draft?? i know gretzky was...anyone else?

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
The thing im puzzled about is why in gods name isnt Maxime Tanguay playing MAAA instead of ME.[/QUOTE]

pretty interest about that too... he seems to be really dominant in the ME... is he underage midget ?!?

Terreur

I have seen biega played maybe 14-15 times last year, and he clearly dominated the league... I have not seen him play this year... but 43 points in 14 games isnt that bad.

As for mahbod... he is a very good player... but he does really have tyhe size. its true is only 14... but still.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
I played against Angelo Esposito before. He got 2 bye me in a 5-0 Quebec win over Vancouver Island... :mad:

QQQ

Dec 15, 2003
Schlep Rock said:

The recruiting gets earlier and earlier.

Karl Alzner a late 1988 birthday and 2007 eligible. Defensive d drafted by Calgary Hitmen. Recruited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->