White- Paetsch

Smith
Halak

Jebus

That boulder?
May 29, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Sums everything up quite nicely. I'd have to leave Staal off of the 1st team for the same reason.

I have no doubts that he'll prove himself more than equal to Stastny and Kopitar starting as early as next year, however.

"More than equal?" That's close enough for me. I believe Kopitar will be more than equal to Staal for the rest of his career.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
there are a number of good rookies this year, so i decided to make a roster

Malkin- Kopitar- Stastny
Wolski- Staal- Radulov
Latendresse- Zajac- Stafford
Kessel- Lapierre- Backes
O'sullivan-Clowe

Carle-Vlasic
Barker-Smid
White- Paetsch

Smith
Halak

You forgot Dustin Penner. 5th in rookie scoring, 26 goals.

I'd consider Malkin - Staal - Penner - Vlasic - Smid - Smith for a team.

Kopitar has 0 GWG. Blame bad goaltending all you want but that is still a 0. As for Stastny, must be hard to score when you get to play with a combination of Hejduk - Sakic - Svatos.

Who are Staal and Penners' linemates?
Penner plays with Marchant and Ryan Shannon / Tim Brent/ any other AHLer of the week? Wow

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
You realize that Staal has set a new rookie record all time for short handed goals in a season with 7 right? hes the youngest player in the nhl right now and only 18 years old. Lets not ever bring up the words mike grier while discussing him again ok. thanks.

Also I agree, Vlasic way above Carle.

Saying Staal set a record with SHG doesn't mean much, especially when it's a number like 7. To me, that's the equivalent of saying someone set a rookie record for goals in the last 2 minutes of a game.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
"More than equal?" That's close enough for me. I believe Kopitar will be more than equal to Staal for the rest of his career.

Like I said, we shall see, starting next year. I make a point of watching the Kings expressly to see Kopitar, and he's a damn fine player.

NHL33*

True, not to mention Hejduk had been cold for half the season (though still playing hard and two-way play) and Svatos has had an absolutely brutal sophomore season.

Stastny has been tremendous. It's either bitterness or ignorance to claim otherwise. He may not be the best young player, but he's definitely in the upper strata as opposed to the mid to lower tiers.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004

Kopitar has 0 GWG. Blame bad goaltending all you want but that is still a 0. As for Stastny, must be hard to score when you get to play with a combination of Hejduk - Sakic - Svatos.

Penner plays with Marchant and Ryan Shannon / Tim Brent/ any other AHLer of the week? Wow

So a lack of game winning goals is the thing to leave him off an all rookie team? Amazing what people come up with to knock Kopitar. As far as linemates go, not like Kopitar is playign with all stars on his line. Hes had Dustin Brown and played with almost every forward utside of Cammalleri Frolov and Armstrong on the other side. Lately the allworld elite level scoring forward Raitis Ivanans has been playing on his line. Kopitar plays with almost every forward on the Kings, and still manages to put up the numbers he has.

fr4ed2384

Jul 30, 2005
guys like Smid will never get any recognition because they don't put up points
He is 2nd amongst rookie dmen is TOI, TOI/game, ES TOI and 3rd and SH TOI. He is going to be a very solid dman for years to come. He may eventually put up some points but that isn't necessary.

The "guy" that was 1st in all these catagories was---- VLASIC

and he played -- top pairing minutes with HAnnan and 2nd pairing PP..

gorrillaunit18

why are u all puttin vlasic ahead of carle? carle has waaayyy more points than vlasic

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

Penner plays with Perry and Getzlaf (It's only sometimes when he plays with the guys you mentioned)

Stastny plays with Hejduk and some one else not Sakic.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->